GUILTY CA - Alex Mercado, 4, Mendota, 30 Oct 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you Texas Mist for keeping up with the media articles. I am so sad. This poor baby. How horrible to drown him.

Prettymomma - please add me to all the condolences and welcomes written by my fellow posters. They have written how I feel also.

Prayers to you all and may little Alex soar with the angels. I have a feeling he is going to like flying free.

Salem

I had not heard of this at all! Was there an Amber Alert issued? Did NG feature this? All I've heard on her show is about Elizabeth, and frankly, she just keeps saying the same thing over and over...we have a 4 year old baby kidnapped off the damn street, drowned, and stuffed in a dryer and I haven't even HEARD about when he went missing!
This little boy was adorable! God bless his little soul and God help his family..

what the heck kind of motive could there be for killing a 4 yr old?

I had not heard of this at all! Was there an Amber Alert issued? Did NG feature this? All I've heard on her show is about Elizabeth, and frankly, she just keeps saying the same thing over and over...we have a 4 year old baby kidnapped off the damn street, drowned, and stuffed in a dryer and I haven't even HEARD about when he went missing!
This little boy was adorable! God bless his little soul and God help his family..

First of all, he's a BOY! Secondly, he is hispanic and in a low income area. Sorry, but that is what I think and it is WRONG and pisses me off! In fact, I think I'll shoot off an email to her and ask her when she'll be covering his case!!!

First of all, he's a BOY! Secondly, he is hispanic and in a low income area. Sorry, but that is what I think and it is WRONG and pisses me off! In fact, I think I'll shoot off an email to her and ask her when she'll be covering his case!!!

What was equally depressing is the "memorial" for the boy outside of his house. I don't really understand that social ritual every time one of these cases happen, but that kid had like one teddy bear and about four of those candles that are popular with Latinos. Compared to what was happening in the Thompson case, and the extravaganza funeral in the Olten case, it's just sad. Hopefully the fund will enable him to have a proper service.

As to the national press coverage, I think some of it had to do with when the story broke. It was Halloween evening, and then he was found, so he hit a slow part of the news cycle. He was cheated in that respect to.

MissingBoymi_embeddedprod_affiliate.jpg

http://www.fresnobee.com/local/story/1693548.html

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious: Why do people keep doing these things to innocent children????

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=7096546

Watch the video; A few new details, but no motive yet. They are still questioning the teen-perp's parent's to see if they had knowledge of the crime. Said they have some opinions about it but it was not appropriate to discuss at this time. The dryer was located in a closet, FBI agent was the one who went back to the house and located Alex.

Prayers for this innocent child and his family.

jesus_child.jpg

imgres

<snip>

MENDOTA, Calif. (AP) &#8213;Prosecutors have filed murder and other charges against a 14-year-old boy accused in the killing of 4-year-old Alex Mercado.

Fresno County District Attorney Elizabeth Egan says Raul Renato Castro was charged as an adult when the murder charge was filed against him Tuesday. Egan says the teen is also facing additional charges of sodomy, kidnapping and murder of a witness to prevent testimony.

Castro is due to be arraigned Wednesday morning. Prosecutors say if eventually convicted, he could be sentenced to life in prison.

http://cbs13.com/local/teen.charged.mendota.2.1290283.html

ETA:

Authorities allege that Castro lured 4-year-old Alex Mercado into a home on Friday afternoon.

http://www.kmjnow.com/pages/landing...gainst-14-Year-Old=1&blockID=86619&feedID=806

:(

So the teenage son of the woman that used to babysit Alex sodomized him and then murdered him to keep him quiet. God help us...

Makes you wonder what the hell was going on in that house, and what happened to him, for him to rape a 4 year old??

Was this woman watching other children??

I 100% totally agree Kimster! I don't even watch NG. She bugs me, and she's completely OCD on her cases. HOw someone can go on tv every single night and regurgitate the same information over and over and over and over.....is beyond me. I'm with you on the email to her!!

thinking of you tonight.......

So the teenage son of the woman that used to babysit Alex sodomized him and then murdered him to keep him quiet. God help us...

Makes you wonder what the hell was going on in that house, and what happened to him, for him to rape a 4 year old??

I 100% totally agree Kimster! I don't even watch NG. She bugs me, and she's completely OCD on her cases. HOw someone can go on tv every single night and regurgitate the same information over and over and over and over.....is beyond me. I'm with you on the email to her!!

wow. I was sure hoping this one was an accident covered up. this is terrible.
At least they are trying him as an adult.

rest in peace little Alex no one can hurt you anymore.

***WARNING***this link contains graphic information regarding the crime.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/03/california.boy.murder/index.html

He can be charged as an adult but cannot be sentenced to death or LWOP. The maximum he can receive is 32 years-life plus 15 because this was murder during the commission of child molestation.

Wondering if he has any other victims that told and this is why he murderd this precious little one?

What a horrific crime.

<snip>

MENDOTA, Calif. (AP) &#8213;Prosecutors have filed murder and other charges against a 14-year-old boy accused in the killing of 4-year-old Alex Mercado.

Fresno County District Attorney Elizabeth Egan says Raul Renato Castro was charged as an adult when the murder charge was filed against him Tuesday. Egan says the teen is also facing additional charges of sodomy, kidnapping and murder of a witness to prevent testimony.

Castro is due to be arraigned Wednesday morning. Prosecutors say if eventually convicted, he could be sentenced to life in prison.

http://cbs13.com/local/teen.charged.mendota.2.1290283.html

ETA:

Authorities allege that Castro lured 4-year-old Alex Mercado into a home on Friday afternoon.

http://www.kmjnow.com/pages/landing...gainst-14-Year-Old=1&blockID=86619&feedID=806

BBM

:furious: Does this mean there were previous charges?

.......I believe the birth of psychopaths is just part of the human condition, they've been part of mankind since beyond time. We just didn't hear about them one hundred years ago, or even fifty or twenty five years ago. The speed of information and the growing population of human beings is more a factor of their visibility than lack of morals in society.

(respectfully snipped)

I agree with you 100% PeteyGirl. I believe the world is safer for children now than it has ever been. We've come a long way, not only with our laws, but also with our attitudes and values. It makes me happy and hopeful!

That said, we are by no means "there" yet and must continue to stay on this right path. We should not allow the 24-7 global news cycle to fool us into thinking these sorts of crimes are a new phenomena.

My continued prayers for the family of the 4-year-old and the 14-year-old.

Interesting article on the psyche of juvenile murderers:

We want answers because we are frightened as parents for the safety of our children, or by the possibility that our child could ever harm another person. We look to video games and movies to blame the violence upon. We look to the parents and question them -- what they did and what they didn't do.

I think we want answers to put our minds at ease, and to feel in control of our world, family, and children. The simple answer is: No, it is not video games and movies, otherwise we would have thousands of little killers running around, but we don't -- we have some kids that, when given the wrong environment met with their temperament, are like a fire being fueled by gasoline. Teen killers usually have a lower IQ and a history of cruelty to animals, themselves, or siblings. They have little or no empathy for others, and violate the rights of others often without remorse.

We know violence is a learned behavior. Children learn to be violent from their family and friends, and observe it in their neighborhoods. These behaviors are then reinforced by movies, video games, and music. But again, not all kids that watch the movies or play the games will be violent. It is not the average ordinary kid that kills.

Read more: http://www.momlogic.com/2009/11/why_...#ixzz0VuHS3ySX

I'm watching her less and less...I'm so disappointed in how she continues to use so much hype.

My heart and prayers go out to the family of Alex. May Alex receive justice!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo
Back