Found Deceased CA - Alexis Gabe, 24, suspicious, last w/Ex-BF, car abandoned, Antioch, 26 Jan 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good question @cvaldez1975. I've looked at so many similar cases recently that I don't recall if Alexis had a current BF. I'd have to re-read these MSM posts to see if she was actively dating anyone when she went missing.

As you said, if she was dating someone when she disappeared I'm sure LE would have interviewed that person, as they have done with her ex-BF.

this was an ex bf... was there a new bf? could he have bee jealous? im sure that was the first thing LE asked but just wondering since it wasnt mentioned.

Yes. According to a livestream on the public FB page, Alexis was "talking" / seeing someone new. He's been very helpful, according to the family

this was an ex bf... was there a new bf? could he have bee jealous? im sure that was the first thing LE asked but just wondering since it wasnt mentioned.
Yes. According to a livestream on the public FB page, Alexis was "talking" / seeing someone new. He's been very helpful, according to the family
whew ok i am glad about that. where can she be?

@cvaldez1975 , we all wish we knew where Alexis might be.

I was waiting for LE to reveal what, if anything, was found when they searched the residence of her ex-BF. Despite MSM reports about LE taking away several bags and a vacuum cleaner from that residence, nothing official has been released by LE about this AFAIK. Also LE has said the ex-BF has been interviewed several times, so we'll have to wait and see if anything comes from that.

Apparently her 'current' BF has also been interviewed by LE and is cooperating with the investigation.

@cvaldez1975 , we all wish we knew where Alexis might be.

I was waiting for LE to reveal what, if anything, was found when they searched the residence of her ex-BF. Despite MSM reports about LE taking away several bags and a vacuum cleaner from that residence, nothing official has been released by LE about this AFAIK. Also LE has said the ex-BF has been interviewed several times, so we'll have to wait and see if anything comes from that.

Apparently her 'current' BF has also been interviewed by LE and is cooperating with the investigation.
sometimes they keep things close to the vest, im hoping so in this case.

@cvaldez1975 , very true. In many MP cases LE knows much more than they can release to the public. Obviously they can't be completely transparent and release everything they know but it is frustrating when there are so many gaps in our knowledge. Sometimes it takes weeks, months, or years for details to emerge.

FEB 20, 2022
Alexis Gabe: Non-profit to help organize search for missing 24-year-old (ktvu.com)
[...]

So next week the Klaas Kids Foundation will come to the Bay Area to help organize and train volunteers to search for Alexis. The non-profit was formed after the abduction of 12-year-old Polly Klaas in Petaluma in 1994. The case led to one of the largest manhunts in U.S. history.

Alexis' brother, GG, and his girlfriend, MS, have been leading the efforts to find Alexis.

[...]

On Feb. 1, police searched Alexis' boyfriend's house. Her family said she was last seen there, but so far police haven't given the family any results from that search.

"We want to respect the investigation, we don’t want to step on toes, we don’t want to interfere in any way. But like what can we do? Because we can’t do nothing," said Strenfel.

The search led by the Klaas Kids Foundation could help bring the case even further, built to compliment the police investigation.

[...]

"At the end of this, we want them to be able to have all the skill sets to be able to continue to do this," said Dennis.

[...]

"There’s still like engagement and stuff like that, which is awesome, but we really want to see people come out and help us with the searches next weekend. The more people we have the better," said MS.

If you'd like to volunteer for the search on February 26-27, keep an eye on the Help Bring Alexis Gabe Home Facebook page. In the next few days, there will be a link posted where volunteers can register online.

@PommyMommy, thanks for the update. This new search is a very good idea and helps keep the community involved and aware of her disappearance.

On Feb. 1, police searched Alexis' boyfriend's house. Her family said she was last seen there, but so far police haven't given the family any results from that search.
Yes, LE hasn't released any information on this search AFAIK. Since we don't know what LE may have found found during the search, and we don't know what was revealed, if anything, when LE interviewed Alexis' ex-BF, we have some significant information gaps.

MSM has mentioned that Alexis' last known location was her ex-BFs home. IMO the missing information about what went on there may greatly increase our understanding of her disappearance.

Sorry if this has been posted. Here is the press release from KlaasKids about the search this weekend for Alexis.
For Immediate Release
KLAASKIDS FOUNDATION TO CONDUCT VOLUNTEER SEARCH FOR MISSING 24-YEAR-OLD OAKLEY RESIDENT ALEXIS GABE
Sausalito, CA. 24-year-old Alexis Gabe went missing January 26th from Oakley, California. Her vehicle was found abandoned on Trenton and Carrington Dr, Oakley, CA with the keys in the ignition and doors unlocked.
Search will begin Friday, February 25th with two deployments of volunteers 9:00am - 12:30pm and again at 1:00pm to 4:30pm. Volunteers should be 18-years of age or older and should bring a valid form of identification. Please dress appropriately for searching in the field (long pants, closed toe shoes). and arrive at the Contra Costa County Fairgrounds at 1201 W. 10th St Bldg. 1, Antioch, Ca. Searches will continue throughout the weekend unless Alexis is recovered beforehand.
Online registrations will be made available at the Help Bring Alexis Gabe Home Facebook page or the KlaasKids Search Center Facebook page. Donations of water, drinks, admin supplies, and snacks are appreciated and should be delivered to the 1201 W. 10th St Bldg 1 Antioch, Ca address.

Dear Websleuths Members and Guests,
We need your help to get food to the hundreds of searchers expected to show up starting tomorrow (Friday) in the search for Alexis.
Please CLICK HERE for more details.
Thank you,
Tricia
P.S. if you have any questions please post them on the thread at "Click Here"

Map showing what I think is the approximate location where car was found relative to Benttree Way where the ex-boyfriend is believed to live: Google Maps

The location where the car was found is disturbingly near the water. Only about a mile away.

Trenton Street where the car was found appears to be a short (2-3 block) cul-de-sac.

FEB 24, 2022
Alexis Gabe search gets help | News | thepress.net
The KlaasKids Foundation has announced it will assist in the continued search for Oakley resident Alexis Gabe beginning on Feb. 25.

The nonprofit, run by Marc Klaas, assists with missing person cases nationwide through a network of volunteers who organize and conduct searches while also providing training to other search-and-rescue volunteers.

[...]

Missing Oakley girl's parents ask for search volunteers (mercurynews.com)
Gabe’s parents, Wyn and Rowena Gabe, have kept a low profile while their oldest son, Gwyn, and his girlfriend, Morgan Strenfel, led efforts to find Alexis and updated the community through a Help Bring Alexis Gabe Home Facebook page. On Wednesday, the couple broke their silence to ask for help in a video posted on that page.

“You probably noticed that we have been very silent in the last three and a half weeks,” Wyn Gabe said. “Until now, we’re still in shock and couldn’t believe this is happening to us.”

With the KlaasKids Foundation coming to help, the Gabes asked supporters to join in the search, noting they need a minimum of 100 a day. The Foundation, which has been assisting families since 1994, is named for 12-year-old kidnap-and-murder victim Polly Klaas of Petaluma.

I'm pleased to see the media attention and so many volunteers assisting to locate Alexis. Very glad the KlaasKids Foundation is joining in the search.

@carbuff , thanks for providing the map of the area where Alexis was last known to be as well as the location of her car.

Sorry to interrupt but the KlaasKids search team is out looking for Alexis Gabe and we need to send them lunch
We need people to order pizzas and deliver them to the search center.
It's all in post number 4 WHICH IS RIGHT HERE
Your orders are tax deductable just remember to get an electronic receipt. The KlaasKids Foundation is a 501c3 charity
Thank you so much
Tricia

Thanks, samsmom. I do have a bit of good news about the searchers. The local merchants came together and are providing all the food and drinks needed so Websleuths does not need to help get food to the teams.
Hopefully, I will have an update tonight. Brad Dennis was going to come on but since he was going to help me ask for help for food there is no longer a need for him to come on live. Believe me, Brad is crazy busy so I know him not coming on tonight will help him catch his breath. Still, we will discuss Alexis' case and others as well. Look for the link to the live stream at the top of the forum page in the black box. It should be there soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980
Back