Found Deceased CA - Alycia Yeoman, 20, Gridley, 30 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree based on other wrongful death lawsuits that have been brought against the driver and whomever supplied the alcohol to the minor. Plus, he would have a very difficult if not impossible time finding any commercial insurance coverage for his business:

Cal. Business & Professions Code §25602.1
Notwithstanding subdivision (b) of §25602, a cause of action may be brought by or on behalf of any person who has suffered injury or death against any person licensed, or required to be licensed, pursuant to §23300, or any person authorized by the federal government to sell alcoholic beverages on a military base or other federal enclave, who sells, furnishes, gives or causes to be sold, furnished or given away any alcoholic beverage, and any other person who sells, or causes to be sold, any alcoholic beverage, to any obviously intoxicated minor where the furnishing, sale or giving of that beverage to the minor is the proximate cause of the personal injury or death sustained by that person.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/financ...ce/dram-shop-liability-state-statutes.aspx#CA

She's not a minor and he wasn't operating a business in this context (the law is from the Business & Professions Code), but there is probably some statutes or common law doctrine that would apply if it is proven someone above the drinking age provided her alcohol. I just haven't seen those facts proven yet.

agree!! good catch .. kinda like hes telling in himself without even noticing

Right about taking the keys, but like I said, sometimes you have to get physical with someone to take the keys. Not everyone is comfortable doing that.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I agree. What if they were able to take her keys away and she left on foot? If something happened to her would they be liable? Is it okay to physically restrain someone in a situation like that? Lock them up or tie them up so they can't leave?

No, but I'm sure the cops asked him.
You simply have to take their keys and drive them home, call a cab if there is no sober driver.
A cab is always cheaper than a dui.
Driving back roads, drunk, is no solution, it's asking for trouble.
A misdemeanor is still a crime.
The homeowner said she was upset too, drinking and upset.
Surely the cops asked him why she was upset, that's some info I wish we knew.

The simplest solution is to let the kid sleep it off there. I'm not naive and know this happens ALL the time. 20-yo kids know they'll lose their license if they get a DUI. Alycia has two jobs and is a college student. I just don't believe she was taking back roads often because she was drunk often. Not buying that story AT ALL.

attachment.php
These are the most telling, IMO. Couple of things here. 1.) Kind of hard to tell size without a comparable item, like a dollar bill or ruler. 2.) The depth, however, leads me to believe that is not from a petite girl. 3.) I would suspect that these particular ones I quoted are farther from the truck, and are more defined. If you are carrying someone through mud, your first few steps as you're getting them out of the car would be a bit uneasy, causing skidded footprints. This one appears clear, as if they'd had their footing by this point. 4.) There isn't a whole lot of definition to the tread pattern, and the shape makes me think either flip-flop, or some kind of sandal, not a name brand tennis shoe, boot, etc. 5.) <modsnip> 6.) I'm still not sure on the ex-bf, but I almost feel like the scene of the abduction or whatever may have happened is that field near Walmart, as the perp would have tossed the phone (on the way out of the party), done whatever happened, drove the car to the spot it was dropped off, called someone to come pick him/her up, realized his mistake later, drove back, got the phone, and chucked it drive-by style near the location.

All imoo, but that's what I've got so far. You've got the 37 year old who says he walked her out, I just feel like something more than that happened in the driveway.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

She's not a minor and he wasn't operating a business in this context (the law is from the Business & Professions Code), but there is probably some statutes or common law doctrine that would apply if it is proven someone above the drinking age provided her alcohol. I just haven't seen those facts proven yet.

Isn't someone under the legal drinking age considered a minor? My state has a different DUI statute for under 21.

Our next door neighbors were prosecuted for hosting a high school graduation party for their daughter. The cops raided it aided by a police helicopter. They didn't provide the alcohol but provided their house. Dad was home and he's an attorney. He had no clue the kids were bringing alcohol into his walkout basement.

To be clear, I'm not necessarily blaming nor defending anyone. I'm just saying a lot of things are much easier said than done.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I know it's not easy but I wouldn't be comfortable allowing an upset, drinking, (smoking pot?), 20 year old to drive back roads away from my house late at night. That's asking for trouble.
I'm not a prude, I'm okay with adults drinking and smoking pot responsibly.
But, I'm not one for unnecessary risks.
I'm an old lady but I'm sure I could handle a 120 lb girl, I have found people respond to reason, especially from someone older. No one has claimed Aly was a crazy out of control skitzo, she is responsible from all I've heard, two jobs and on the honor roll at college.
Of course, this only means her host was irresponsible, it doesn't mean he's a killer. People make the mistake of letting friends drive after drinking everyday, sometimes it ends in tragedy.
If he's innocent, I hope he learned that lesson, even if it's only a misdemeanor.

Well, someone of age provided alcohol, she is not old enough to buy it on her own.

Isn't someone under the legal drinking age considered a minor? My state has a different DUI statute for under 21.

Our next door neighbors were prosecuted for hosting a high school graduation party for their daughter. The cops raided it aided by a police helicopter. They didn't provide the alcohol but provided their house. Dad was home and he's an attorney. He had no clue the kids were bringing alcohol into his walkout basement.

That is true in CA as well.

"It is illegal to drive with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of .08% or more (.04% for commercial vehicle drivers and .01% if under 21)."
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/hdbk/actions_drink

Her family last heard from her at 7:51.
It looks like the cops aren't taking the word of the people at Romero street anymore, that she was there and left around 11.

It is also interesting to note that it was stated in MSM that shortly thereafter all communication ceased...I have to wonder, if she did not leave until 11 PM did she really go that long without picking up her phone to text or check out SM? She is 20? Seems a bit odd unless she was physically unable to for some reason...even if she was drinking, that would make me think there would be more reason to pick up the phone and take some pictures having fun and post them to SM...<modsnip>...although if they were posted on AYs SM accounts the pictures would still be there)...

Good thing about cell phones...nothing is ever really deleted...(just ask my teen and what I have been able to recover lol)

my son is 22, a college student who works and he gets turnt quite often... as do female friends of his. they don't drive, but many college age kids DO drink frequently.

The simplest solution is to let the kid sleep it off there. I'm not naive and know this happens ALL the time. 20-yo kids know they'll lose their license if they get a DUI. Alycia has two jobs and is a college student. I just don't believe she was taking back roads often because she was drunk often. Not buying that story AT ALL.

that is all I am saying. what if she accused them of false imprisonment for preventing her?

I don't believe any law enforcement would charge kidnapping against someone not allowing someone over the limit to drive.

you never know. maybe they were smoking weed and didn't want the cops showing up there at all.

the whole story is very convoluted. I hope we find out what happened and I hope she is safe and took off, but its getting to be too long :(

I don't believe any law enforcement would charge kidnapping against someone not allowing someone over the limit to drive.

So I actually looked up the difference between Common law and Statutory Law (CA happens to be) to see if underage drinking in the home was even illegal in CA. I know driving is, but I wasn't sure about drinking since I grew up in a Common Law state and still reside in one part time (and really that is the law I know best)...CA law confuses me and I now know why they refer to it as its own country...(I joke...but after taking CA law I was seriously, well "educated"). Evidently in CA it is illegal to let minors drink in a private residence...
attachment.php

https://alcoholpolicy.niaaa.nih.gov/Home.html

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 273
you never know. maybe they were smoking weed and didn't want the cops showing up there at all.

the whole story is very convoluted. I hope we find out what happened and I hope she is safe and took off, but its getting to be too long :(

Smoking weed is as much of a misdemeanor as providing booze to a 20 year old.
If he has medical marijuana papers, he can legally have up to three pounds of pot in CA.

Smoking weed is as much of a misdemeanor as providing booze to a 20 year old.
If he has medical marijuana papers, he can legally have up to three pounds of pot in CA.
Anyone over 21 can grow and smoke legally. You can't buy it or sell it legally yet. You can also give it away. So if she was smoking under 21 and he gave it to her, he could be charged.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

>snipped

If anyone followed her, they would be on the farmer's security cam.

Not necessarily...it depends where the other vehicle stopped, or possibly even another person was waiting and was watching for the lights and the driver and person #2 walked back to a second vehicle. I haven't watched the video in a few days but if I am not mistaken the blinker was on the whole time...even if it wasn't, there is also a possibility a second vehicle was waiting. People obviously need vehicles to get to and from that area, and whoever walked away from there got picked up in one. Where is that on the security camera?

Yes heel looks very narrow, :thinking: confused more noww

The very narrow heel and wide front will certainly narrow down a match.
I've never seen a sole like that, wide like a Birkenstock or boot in front, narrow like a dress shoe in the back.

A boot with a wedge heel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members