Found Deceased CA - Alycia Yeoman, 20, Gridley, 30 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points all. Seems like her phone got into someone else's hands. Making the victim look bad is often the first choice of a perp. They think it gives them more time to cover their tracks. Someone previously posted that this young woman worked two jobs in Gridley, that she was never absent from either job and attended Yuba College, which is located way the heck out on North Beale Road in Linda, south of Marysville. Quite a long way to travel to Yuba College when you live up in Gridley. Sounds like a very responsible person to me, no matter what her age. Ransom texts are creepy, hopefully LE has the IT forensic people tracking the IP.
Any way you look at the map, there is absolutely no reason to go to Cooley rd or Pennington even if she was taking back roads. It's way out of the way. And as someone has mentioned before, if she took back roads often, she would have known where she was going and wouldn't have likely gotten lost. And even if she was lost, there's no reason to drive onto a levee like that. I would be way too scared to do that, especially if I was by myself. The only logical reason I could think of for someone to drive out there voluntarily is to look for a private place to park, maybe to smoke or hook up with someone.

I'm wondering if they got the 7:51pm time from the restaurant surveillance footage. And for a young girl who is supposedly always on her phone, it seems a little off that she wouldn't have posted anything or texted anyone after that...

I'm wondering, though... If someone at the Romero house had anything to do with it, why would they admit she had been drinking? Does that make them look more or less guilty? Maybe by saying she had been drinking they thought they could make whatever happened seem like her fault, but on the other hand, admitting she had been drinking does make them look bad because she is underage and they let her drive.

Besides all that, the news that those ransom texts were a hoax has me so pissed off. Would someone really do that just to troll that family? Or does anyone think someone did that to throw the investigation off?

I do wonder how they know for sure. I mean, who is this person and why did they send those texts? How did they have Aly's mom's cell phone number? Either way, I hope that the person (or people) behind those texts get what they deserve.

Your map has her crossing Hwy 99 at a very busy intersection. Again hardly the route of someone taking the backroads after supposedly drinking.
Lol, busy intersection? Nope. Try again. That intersection is all but empty at 10-11pm on a Thursday and it is the only tiny traffic light in Live Oak. Did I mention I lived there?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I think we can all agree, if Aly took her regular back roads home, she would be home, not missing with her truck in a grove by the river.
:pillowfight2:
I think that is the back roads she normally took and was stopped after leaving along that route by someone who knew her regular route, and when she left Tierra Buena (Yuba City neighborhood) or she stopped willingly and was accosted, at Arco, maybe by strangers or maybe by someone she knew.

I think they thought the gate at the end of Pennington would be open already, and it wasn't...so they backtracked a road and went around to Cooley where they knew they could drive around the gate, down the levee and enter the rec area from the backside. Except that side levee gate was shut too, and they tried diving through the orchard and around to do whatever to her, and push the truck down the boat ramp into the feather river.

I also think an accomplice waited by the first shut entrance gate and picked the driver/Aly up if she was in and carried from the truck.

1st photo is entrance to rec area at the end of Pennington, and open gate which was closed.
2nd photo is the corner of orchard where her truck got stuck, the levee her truck came south down from Cooley and the levee gate going east/west across the levee.
3rd photo, day time Cooley Rd going up levee where her truck was seen on video going up and turning right around the gate on the right on the levee.
08d023a3075b2e31461b55061f470784.jpg
2abe62c3650e791a2fa6765316867adb.jpg
e6f432567e796455e535f19b60977913.jpg

Also, it doesn't take 18 minutes going this route to get from Romero to Live Oak. More like half that. For fun, tomorrow I will drive it and time it.

this intersection is within spitting distance from Hwy 99, the main highway between Chico, Oroville, and Yuba City. so you think that's deserted? huh?
Lol, busy intersection? Nope. Try again. That intersection is all but empty at 10-11pm on a Thursday and it is the only tiny traffic light in Live Oak. Did I mention I lived there?

It's takes about ten minutes.
Also, it doesn't take 18 minutes going this route to get from Romero to Live Oak. More like half that. For fun, tomorrow I will drive it and time it.

this intersection is within spitting distance from Hwy 99, the main highway between Chico, Oroville, and Yuba City. so you think that's deserted? huh?
Yes. That time of night it is and the speed limit through there is 35. I lived there.

I'm not from there but here's how google maps routes my fastest route from Romero to the park.
If I were in a hurry and trying to hide, I would take that route as far as Loco, cross 99 and go up Kent Ave to Pennington. IMG_2155.jpg

I'm not from there but here's how google maps routes my fastest route from Romero to the park.
If I were in a hurry and trying to hide, I would take that route as far as Loco, cross 99 and go up Kent Ave to Pennington. View attachment 114719

I just noticed google approximates it would take 51 minutes to ride a bicycle back from the park.
Just sayin

If I were in a hurry and trying to hide, I would take that route as far as Loco, cross 99 and go up Kent Ave to Pennington. View attachment 114719
This route has you going all the way into Tierra Buena, she or whomever most likely took Tierra Buena rd north, just a block west of Romero. You're not going to go on 99 at all because of CA Highway Patrol. The route I highlighted has few stop signs, no traffic, and 45 to 55 mi an hour. I'll drive the route I have highlighted tomorrow, just to time it. Only to see what time she or whomever had to have left Romero to get to the levee by 10:55

The classmate being interviewed wasn't at the Linda campus. It looked like the Yuba College Sutter county campus located at 3301 E. Onstott Road
Yuba City, CA 95991
I live in Gridley and have lived in Oroville for over twenty years and am very familiar with all the backroads from here to Yuba City and much further. I highly doubt that anyone would go to Pennington road late at night as a shortcut. There just isn't a sensible explanation for her to have been there. The footprints as shown on the news do however look like an open toe female shoe in my opinion. I wonder if the Romero st. Address could have produced a jealous ex girlfriend of the 37 year old to have done something out of frustration. This is all my opinion.

Good points all. Seems like her phone got into someone else's hands. Making the victim look bad is often the first choice of a perp. They think it gives them more time to cover their tracks. Someone previously posted that this young woman worked two jobs in Gridley, that she was never absent from either job and attended Yuba College, which is located way the heck out on North Beale Road in Linda, south of Marysville. Quite a long way to travel to Yuba College when you live up in Gridley. Sounds like a very responsible person to me, no matter what her age. Ransom texts are creepy, hopefully LE has the IT forensic people tracking the IP.

Is the Feather River low near where her car was found since the Oroville spillway was closed in late March?

The classmate being interviewed wasn't at the Linda campus. It looked like the Yuba College Sutter county campus located at 3301 E. Onstott Road
Yuba City, CA 95991
I live in Gridley and have lived in Oroville for over twenty years and am very familiar with all the backroads from here to Yuba City and much further. I highly doubt that anyone would go to Pennington road late at night as a shortcut. There just isn't a sensible explanation for her to have been there. The footprints as shown on the news do however look like an open toe female shoe in my opinion. I wonder if the Romero st. Address could have produced a jealous ex girlfriend of the 37 year old to have done something out of frustration. This is all my opinion.

BBM. I haven't seen any footprints. Does anyone have a link?

A Go Fund Me has been set up to increase the reward money. According to the Find Alycia Yeoman FB page the reward is now at $20,000+

Is the Feather River low near where her car was found since the Oroville spillway was closed in late March?

That area is low. During the Dam situation and mass outflow of water in February/March the Rec Area was flooded and waters reached near the levee. I can't find any pictures but everyone was posting about it since a lot of parks near the river were destroyed.

Interesting you say the thing about using your blinker even when no one is around, as that's exactly what happened in the video, if I'm not mistaken. My first thought from that video was that the person driving the car was doing everything they could to avoid people and/or police by taking back roads and following small laws like blinker usage.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

Someone on the Facebook post of the video also mentioned that they saw a puff of smoke, like if someone in the truck was smoking and let out a puff. I haven't went back and seen it again, very eerie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper