Found Deceased CA - Alycia Yeoman, 20, Gridley, 30 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find all of the language around this case to be baffling. "Staff at the Taste of India restaurant say Yeoman had dinner there Thursday evening with a friend, described only as a 37-year-old man, around 6 p.m. Police confirmed to FOX40 that they have spoken with that man." What does "Described only as a 37-year-old-man." MEAN? Is that a wait staff that said, "I saw her here with some 37 year old." How would that be the only description? And 37 is a pretty specific age. Some things seem to be released quickly, and then LE changes what they say... There are a lot of locals on here. I know you're trying hard not to pass judgement... but reportin seems off???

I understand that. I was clarifying that the 37 year old guy isn't the one who said that.

Problem with that is that her truck was not found on the backroads that one would normally take to get to her house in Gridley.

FBI was all over that... that person will be charged... no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It really angers me when random fools insert themselves into investigations and waste LE time! I hope that person is charged, too.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Interesting you say the thing about using your blinker even when no one is around, as that's exactly what happened in the video, if I'm not mistaken. My first thought from that video was that the person driving the car was doing everything they could to avoid people and/or police by taking back roads and following small laws like blinker usage.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk
I use my turn signal ALWAYS. It's just habit. I use it going into my driveway. Haha.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I find all of the language around this case to be baffling. "Staff at the Taste of India restaurant say Yeoman had dinner there Thursday evening with a friend, described only as a 37-year-old man, around 6 p.m. Police confirmed to FOX40 that they have spoken with that man." What does "Described only as a 37-year-old-man." MEAN? Is that a wait staff that said, "I saw her here with some 37 year old." How would that be the only description? And 37 is a pretty specific age. Some things seem to be released quickly, and then LE changes what they say... There are a lot of locals on here. I know you're trying hard not to pass judgement... but reportin seems off???

The LE may have had photos on hand and the staff identified the person from the photo as who was with her. The LE after that identification process could state he was 37 years old.

I find it very interesting from a pychological pov that he refers to her as his "friend" more than Aly. And he has not called her his sons friend since his quote at the start of the investigation.

Can someone repost the foit print link? Its broken for me.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Agree they look huge. And very deep. Whomever walked out of there had to be covered in mud. No footprints on road? Maybe they can match dirt in someone's car. Def looks like they were trying to hide car. Guessing they took a more direct route to ditch the phone (maybe they just stood on road the threw it down?). Route posted earlier on this thread looks like they were def trying to avoid populated areas.

Also there is no way they look like open toed shoes--plus in mud like that my bet is they would have come off and gotten stuck.

He actually would not be criminally liable other than a possible misdemeanor providing alcohol to a minor. Her family could sue for wrongful death but would not have a shoo in win because she chose to drive .

I disagree based on other wrongful death lawsuits that have been brought against the driver and whomever supplied the alcohol to the minor. Plus, he would have a very difficult if not impossible time finding any commercial insurance coverage for his business:

Cal. Business & Professions Code §25602.1
Notwithstanding subdivision (b) of §25602, a cause of action may be brought by or on behalf of any person who has suffered injury or death against any person licensed, or required to be licensed, pursuant to §23300, or any person authorized by the federal government to sell alcoholic beverages on a military base or other federal enclave, who sells, furnishes, gives or causes to be sold, furnished or given away any alcoholic beverage, and any other person who sells, or causes to be sold, any alcoholic beverage, to any obviously intoxicated minor where the furnishing, sale or giving of that beverage to the minor is the proximate cause of the personal injury or death sustained by that person.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/financ...ce/dram-shop-liability-state-statutes.aspx#CA

the truck looked like it was speeding as if someone was rushing... could be someone trying to dispose the car

or her running away from someone and then got stuck and ended up getting abducted? can't they see if there are any cars there after her on camera?

well, no one said they can't try.

I disagree based on other wrongful death lawsuits that have been brought against the driver and whomever supplied the alcohol to the minor. Plus, he would have a very difficult if not impossible time finding any commercial insurance coverage for his business:

Cal. Business & Professions Code §25602.1
Notwithstanding subdivision (b) of §25602, a cause of action may be brought by or on behalf of any person who has suffered injury or death against any person licensed, or required to be licensed, pursuant to §23300, or any person authorized by the federal government to sell alcoholic beverages on a military base or other federal enclave, who sells, furnishes, gives or causes to be sold, furnished or given away any alcoholic beverage, and any other person who sells, or causes to be sold, any alcoholic beverage, to any obviously intoxicated minor where the furnishing, sale or giving of that beverage to the minor is the proximate cause of the personal injury or death sustained by that person.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/financ...ce/dram-shop-liability-state-statutes.aspx#CA

The LE may have had photos on hand and the staff identified the person from the photo as who was with her. The LE after that identification process could state he was 37 years old.

Or the staff supplied the credit card receipt, LE pulled up the driver's license associated with it and showed them to photo. I see nothing strange about the reporting of his age. He certainly has not disputed it.

I can't get the youtube link of the footprints to work either, can someone post still shots from it? TIA!

Interesting you say the thing about using your blinker even when no one is around, as that's exactly what happened in the video, if I'm not mistaken. My first thought from that video was that the person driving the car was doing everything they could to avoid people and/or police by taking back roads and following small laws like blinker usage.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

I live on a dirt road off a narrow mountain road. My (adult) kids make fun of me for using my blinker to turn in my driveway in the middle of nowhere with no other cars in sight, they kid I'm alerting the rabbits, deer and mountain lions I'm home.
It's as normal for me as putting on my seatbelt when I get in a car.
Overly cautious driving is why I've never had a ticket in 40 years since the one and only ticket I got in a speed trap in SC, long ago.

its a misdemeanor, and its possible to be held civilly responsible, I said as much initially. I don't think its "no big deal", but while underage she was 20, not 16. everyone keeps saying "he let her" leave, she was an adult and she chose to leave, IF his story is true. it may not be. we don't know.

I responded to your post that implied it was no big deal legally to supply alcohol to a minor and allowing them to drive. I don't agree with you.

I can't get the youtube link of the footprints to work either, can someone post still shots from it? TIA!
These are screenshots, quality isn't the best, the foot prints look pretty deep for a 100 lb girl
c2b7f559dda23218888eeebfede20c86.jpg
54a456400bc5e5f33a2299d1374ee0d1.jpg
0c08818fe8c529e3f03ade77b9f0822c.jpg
e742be99a65754ec5c08f3f5e430747c.jpg

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors