CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido Thread # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case truly brings me to tears, since Amber seemed like such a bright, intelligent girl... I don't think she is alive, or if she is, she is being held against her will and probably neglected/harmed. :(

The male seen with her has a very vague description, and I too wish the parent had seen him better... It could be anyone. I still think the idea that she met the guy online is plausible, especially since I read elsewhere that she might be a furry (someone who has an animal alter ego/"fursona"). The online furry community is tight knit and if Amber saw one of her online friends it is reasonable to assume that she would run to catch up with him and have a chat. This community also has a history of some sick, indecent acts, and has a bad reputation in a lot of corners of the internet.

I'm pretty sure the idea that she was a member of the furry community was entirely speculation by a third party, so it doesn't really hold water. (I can see it being true, though.)

Wow I had never even heard of this "fursona" thing. Which community has a bad rep, Amber's community or this furry community?? From all acoounts she loved animals, I can't see her being involved in anything indecent concerning animals or am I reading this post wrong???

Please keep a the look out for the maroon, king cab truck, with a silver tool-box and perhaps a missing or altered tail gate. King cab has four doors and two windows on each side.

LE is fairly certain the truck spotted in the molestations and at the time of Amber's disappearance are one and the same. There was alteration of the physical appearance from Amber's disappearance in February until April of the additional incidents.

The linked article has a video that includes footage of the truck at the scenes and of the suspect in the molestations.

They keep airing this footage on our local news. Somebody HAS TO know who this guy is. Someone has seen that truck around town.

I so hope they find this guy. I have a strong feeling he MAY be connected to Amber's disappearance.

JMHO
fran

http://www.cbs8.com/global/category...d=3797327&topVideoCatNo=149659&autoStart=true

Why can't Nancy Grace show this truck and cover this story for five minutes so that this truck video goes national? I get so sick of seeing her cover the same story about a child we know is gone. I would love her to use her show to highlight more than 1- 2 cases at a time, why doesn't she do even one show a week and cover a number of missing kids, who knows what that might do???:banghead:

i had not heard anything about fursona either. I have never even heard of fursona. Link Below:
http://furry.wikia.com/wiki/Fursona

BrwnieGirl - I totally agree with you about Nancy Grace. All the woman does is talk about Caylee Anthony and when she's not she is talking about one of 3-4 girls, most of which we know what happened to them already. She is doing what is getting ratings and apparently Caylee Anthony is still getting the ratings because that is all the woman has been talking about since last year. Can you imagine how sick she must be of talking about Caylee?

Why can't Nancy Grace show this truck and cover this story for five minutes so that this truck video goes national? I get so sick of seeing her cover the same story about a child we know is gone. I would love her to use her show to highlight more than 1- 2 cases at a time, why doesn't she do even one show a week and cover a number of missing kids, who knows what that might do???:banghead:

I couldn't agree more. I can't stand to watch another minute of the Anthony story. It will be fine with me just to read that Casey is going off for life in prison.

There are many, many cases--including cold ones--that could use just FIVE MINUTES of air time. And she spends an hour a week replaying old jailhouse video of Casey.

This case truly brings me to tears, since Amber seemed like such a bright, intelligent girl... I don't think she is alive, or if she is, she is being held against her will and probably neglected/harmed. :(

The male seen with her has a very vague description, and I too wish the parent had seen him better... It could be anyone. I still think the idea that she met the guy online is plausible, especially since I read elsewhere that she might be a furry (someone who has an animal alter ego/"fursona"). The online furry community is tight knit and if Amber saw one of her online friends it is reasonable to assume that she would run to catch up with him and have a chat. This community also has a history of some sick, indecent acts, and has a bad reputation in a lot of corners of the internet.

I'm pretty sure the idea that she was a member of the furry community was entirely speculation by a third party, so it doesn't really hold water. (I can see it being true, though.)

I think she is alive and being held..I don't know why I feel that way but I do..

Yes, I get a feeling that she is alive too - a feeling that I don't get with other cases like Brittanee Drexel's and Tara Grinstead's.

I don't think Amber would do anything indecent either, and I certainly didn't mean to suggest that!!! But if she were part of this online community (the "furry" community) then she would have a number of online friends whom she would probably like to meet in real life at some point. I know that "wolfintheend" was released as her online name, but I'm guessing she had more than one (don't we all?) that had friends on it. I don't believe that LE found absolutely *nothing* on that computer of hers - it's probably just information that they aren't keen on releasing until they feel like they can without jeopardizing the investigation (like the vehicle and person of interest description).

Googling "wolfintheend" comes up with a livejournal link of someone in the furry community who suggested Amber Dubois as a possible member. That's how I came up with the idea. I guess it's pretty far-fetched, though.

I wish that whoever is responsible would just have a conscience and bring Amber home... her family is so torn up about the disappearance and Amber seemed like a big part of a lot of innocent peoples' lives. This case is a huge tearjerker for me. :(

Edit: Something interesting I found posted in the comments of a media report-
I called SDPD this morning and reported that I saw her in back of one of the buildings in Balboa Park. She was wearing a pair of green plaid lounge-type pants. And when I asked her if she was Amber she said I'm out of here.

Wonder if that was really Amber? These sightings always seem sorta hinky and untrue to me, but you never know. It just caught my eye.

The "furry" thing gives me pause, because I can see that being a real possibility. Not in the sexual sense; there are certainly adults that get into the sexual aspect of the furry fetish, but the more playful aspect of it is popular with some high school kids. I teach high school, and in my creative writing class (which, granted, attracts some of the more odd among the school's population) I have several kids who talk often about their "furry friends" and dressing up as their "fursona" for various conventions - anime-related, maybe? I don't know all the details, but I know some of the kids are REALLY into it although I've never heard them talk about it in a sexual sense. It doesn't seem farfetched to think that Amber might have been attracted to the playful, pretending aspects of the online furry stuff.

Amber's Lamb to be Auctioned
Amber was going to purchase a lamb for her
school FFA project the day she went missing.
Her school has been caring for the lamb that will be autioned off
at the Junior Livestock Auction
Saturday, July 4th
Del Mar Fairgrounds
2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd, Del Mar, CA
starting at 10AM

Amber wanted so much to be a part of this project.
Funds raised by the auction of the lamb will go to the
Amber Dubois Trust Fund for continuing efforts to Bring Amber Home.
The lamb will also be shown July 1st and 3rd at 1pm in the Livestock area.

The "furry" thing gives me pause, because I can see that being a real possibility. Not in the sexual sense; there are certainly adults that get into the sexual aspect of the furry fetish, but the more playful aspect of it is popular with some high school kids. I teach high school, and in my creative writing class (which, granted, attracts some of the more odd among the school's population) I have several kids who talk often about their "furry friends" and dressing up as their "fursona" for various conventions - anime-related, maybe? I don't know all the details, but I know some of the kids are REALLY into it although I've never heard them talk about it in a sexual sense. It doesn't seem farfetched to think that Amber might have been attracted to the playful, pretending aspects of the online furry stuff.

I am aware of a sexual fetish some have wear they like to dress up as furry animals......also there are fetishes like 'horseplay' where one person is the horse and the other rides around on their back. HBO's Real Sex did an episode about it and i just couldn't stop watching. Fascinating, really.

Anyway, I think it is possible if Amber was active in the fursona community (innocently active) there were some adults who participated who were doing it to derive sexual pleasure. On the internet it is so easy for an adult to present themselves as a teenager (especially if they are wearing a furry animal costume) and Amber could have been tricked into meeting someone she thought was her age.

There are so many possibilities.

I tend to automatically discount eyewitnesses because they are just so unreliable and especially on the internet people just make up stuff.

I am aware of a sexual fetish some have wear they like to dress up as furry animals......also there are fetishes like 'horseplay' where one person is the horse and the other rides around on their back. HBO's Real Sex did an episode about it and i just couldn't stop watching. Fascinating, really.

Anyway, I think it is possible if Amber was active in the fursona community (innocently active) there were some adults who participated who were doing it to derive sexual pleasure. On the internet it is so easy for an adult to present themselves as a teenager (especially if they are wearing a furry animal costume) and Amber could have been tricked into meeting someone she thought was her age.

There are so many possibilities.

I tend to automatically discount eyewitnesses because they are just so unreliable and especially on the internet people just make up stuff.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I had no idea what a fursona community was until I saw a CSI episode.
There certainly can be a sexual component to the whole thing.
But Amber, IF, she was part of that community, that
info should be on her computer.

I just feel Amber is missing girl who may remain missing, no matter how much her parents want her back and no matter how much we want her to be found.
Someone took her.

I think someone took her too and I cannot say I am optimistic that she will be found alive. There has to be a little hope. I keep thinking of the girl who was kidnapped at about 13 or 14 and her abductor kept her in an underground bunker he had dug out and she was in there with him for a week. She could hear the searches calling her name, she could hear the helicoptors, the guy had a little tv and she watched her parents on the news. I can't remember how they found her but they did - alive.

Bumping. I don't like to see Amber on the second page......:(

I think what happened was a nonfamily abduction... meaning that someone familiar to her took her. Maybe she was familiar with them through the internet, maybe she knew them through a friend at school.

If a total stranger had taken her with the intent to kill her, then how did no one at the crowded school notice and how was Amber able to (attempt to) access her voicemail the next day?

I think she is still alive, personally. I hope she can be recovered alive, as well. There are some non family abduction cases where the victim is recovered alive after quite some time, like Jane Louise Puckett.

Today I got a haircut, and when I arrived home and looked in the mirror, I realized that it looks a lot like Amber Dubois's haircut (except more choppy). Heh :)

I hope that, whether she is with us or not and wherever she is, she is safe, happy and healthy. Praying that she will be found soon. :rose:

This case is so unbelievably frustrating! I am 100% certain this girl did not run away and yet there is so very little information to go on in finding her.

I have nieces and a nephew in this area and just cannot stomach the idea that LE is so lax in searching for abducted children.

SOMEONE SAW SOMETHING IMPORTANT THAT DAY!!!

Today I got a haircut, and when I arrived home and looked in the mirror, I realized that it looks a lot like Amber Dubois's haircut (except more choppy). Heh :)

I hope that, whether she is with us or not and wherever she is, she is safe, happy and healthy. Praying that she will be found soon. :rose:

I've always wanted to cut my hair short and choppy but I am a :chicken:.

Kudos to you for doing it!

This case is so unbelievably frustrating! I am 100% certain this girl did not run away and yet there is so very little information to go on in finding her.

I have nieces and a nephew in this area and just cannot stomach the idea that LE is so lax in searching for abducted children.

Thanks for posting I feel the same!! I keep wondering about the truck in the video. First LE said it was DEFINITELY linked to the molestation cases at the two Wal-Marts. Then a few weeks later they said the truck DEFINITELY was not linked to the Wal-Mart cases. What evidence did they base that on? What is LE doing to locate this truck? I think it should be on flyers all over San Diego. But it's not. I wonder too, why it's not on bringamberhome.com. It's like the story of the truck just went away. IT IS THE KEY to Amber being found.

Found on the BringAmberHome site:

Please Join Us for a
Candlelight Vigil to
Light Amber's Way Home

Monday, July 13th at 8pm
in front of the
BARNES & NOBLE
810 West Valley Parkway
Escondido, CA

Fairy1- More frustrating is that we have gotten no new information from family since the last week in May. We know the police and FBI will keep everything quite, but what became of- family and friends?

The last week in May we were totally cut off. The attacks of the "Gifted Psychics" and Familly Members melt-down must have occurred on the crime discussion forums for a reason we are not in on. It looks too defensive to me. Let's pray hard that is not the case.

Maybe the police have someone cornered and are just waiting for more evidence to make a recovery and arrest, and the family is cooperating with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases