Found Deceased CA - Andrea Vazquez, 19, poss. kidnapped by armed suspect after shooting, blood found near vehicle, Whittier, 19 Aug 2023 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They might convict him on special circumstances, but the death penalty could be out of the question, as the 'progressive' DA doesn't want any prosecutions that would result in it.

Random attack, really?

I'm thinking gang initiation. They still do that, kill someone at random to 'prove' their 'worthiness'. Let him rot in prison for the rest of his life. Poor young woman...rest in peace.
he was also charged w attempted r@pe. he also doesnt look the type. speculation this guy was a pervy sicko slithering around and found this girl and her bf "parking" and his base instincts got to him. poor girl. random attack.... wow.

Thinking aloud.
I wonder if this Esparza guy has any connections (or wanna be connection) to the same gang, as the 6 belong to, who were arrested for the murders I linked above.
Same MO.
Kill random people parked in out of the way areas such as in parks or scenic outlooks and where there is no surveillance.
i dont think so. he doesnt look it and his dad is a fire captain. i think something wrong w him tho.

Moreno valley is where the sister last tracked Andrea's I-phone so I am not sure if the perp led LE to her body or if they were already searching that area based on the cell phone data of victim and perp combined. Still can't get over the random factor here. How senseless and frightening.
its straight shot down the 60, im sure the sister reported her findings to police

i kept rereading the DA's press release and thinking how scared she must have been...the use of the word attempted over and over. she fought him off and kicked his behind to where he was not successful in the rape. the news is reporting he's the suspect is the kid of an LA fire dept captain. that family is now destroyed too.
id like to think that but she never attempted to escape the bed of the truck. i think she was gravely wounded when shot w the rifle and he was unable to "perform": cuz hes a sick and twisted weirdo.

yep, i found that addy too. i mapped it out to see if he had view from the house, but it's not on an elevated area (which a lot of whittier is). thought maybe that's how the suspect could have randomly picked a victim.

caught the mention of her being in the bed of the truck. that is very strange. she must have been unconscious because you have to travel on the freeway to get to moreno valley from whitter. actually a few freeways, there is no way someone would not have seen her in the bed of a tacoma truck all that way if she were awake. i'm thinking she lost consciousness right away due to the wound where she lost blood. rifles are large caliber weapons, so the wound probably made her bleed quite profusely.

another thought i had was that the kid looks pretty clean cut. if he admitted that he wanted to shoot someone, yet he plead not guilty, they are going to go with a mental health defense. I mean, that's what i'm assuming. i don't think he was involved in gangs. plus the fact the news is reporting his father is a LA fire department Fire Chief . usually families that have Law enforecement and/or fire are somewhat "conservative" (not really, but hopefully you know what i mean). feeling they are gonna go for some psychosis/insanity plea.
where he took her and where she was found was straight down the 60 right before the 10. one freeway is my speculation.

Its a good reminder that playing the odds is not sleuthing. We all owe it to the true crime community to do the work and not just to conclusions. Credit to everyone who has acknowledged his/her mistake and will learn from it.
The boyfriend was never named in the press and was never considered a POI by LE. Sleuthing was out per TOS, which left only speculation and the odds o fill in the gaps. I am glad Andrea's killer is caught. I hope her boyfriend gets support. I imagine there is a lot of survivor guilt for him.

i dont think so. he doesnt look it and his dad is a fire captain. i think something wrong w him thp
based on what they've released, i totally agree.
what a sicko!!!!! she must have been mortally wounded she didnt try to escape the bed of the truck :(
must have been and covered her with a tarp or blanket.

“This was a completely random act of violence, there is nothing to suggest that there was any kind of affiliation.” Whittier Police Department public information officer Thomas Mattson told .
“The suspect just randomly picked someone who was hanging out at the park and committed this heinous act.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back