Found Deceased CA - Andres Tomas, 3, Merced County, 22 October 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Idk if it's just me but the little towns close to Delhi(Hilmar, Stevenson, etc) always seem to have little boys around this age in similar situations go missing.. Like atleast once a year, if not more.. Some found alive, but most of the time they were with other children who were supposed to be watching them and they wander off [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was the 'city' kid, growing up in the Bay Area suburbs, while many of my cousins grew up in the Turlock/Tracy and Manteca areas. We spent a lot of time in the summers with my cousins and my kids went and spent time with their cousins there too.

One thing in general, that I saw with the kids raised on the ranches/farms, is that they are given a lot of 'freedom' compared to some of us in the suburbs/cities. I did so many things as a young child at my uncles ranch that would have freaked my mom out if she had known. LOL

We shot bb guns at cans, drove tractors around, and my cousin at 13 always drove us around on the farm dirt roads in his Dads work truck.We even 'rode' the nearly grown calves around their fields. When we were very young we had a lot of freedom to roam around the land outside. There were rarely any adults hovering. My cousins were expected to do important chores starting at a very young age. They fed chickens, watered the hogs, fed the dogs, gathered fresh eggs, often at very young ages.

So it does not surprise me that some young kids go missing from the area. My cousins had a lot of responsibilities but with that came a lot of freedom.

Whatever it turns out to be, a backyard next to a canal with a rusted collapsing fence is not a place for a three year old to be playing. Add another sibling playing too, who had to be younger from statements made in the newspaper, and one is looking at a disastrous situation!

To me, it is like letting children play in a backyard with an unfenced pool, a lake, or the ocean. Another thing to remember is just because it was a grandmother watching the boys, grandmothers are very young these days. Grandmother does not mean an elderly lady.

Very often you can't see developmental delays in photos.

I'm actually not sure how a speech delay, gross motor delay, fine motor delay, etc. would show up in pictures at all.

No mention of the other children's ages. But it looks like no adult was actually watching them.

I also wonder what the stats would be on children that go missing when grandparents are supposed to be watching them. I feel like we see it a lot here.

Yes my daughter has Down syndrome and at 3 she could play on all playground equipment. Didn't mean she wasn't delayed.

They found the poor baby's body.
http://www.mercedsunstar.com/news/article110222287.html

A Livingston’s family’s worst fears were confirmed Monday afternoon when authorities found the body of 3-year-old Andres Tomas trapped in the waters of an irrigation canal near Delhi.

The child was found underwater near Lateral 6 of the Turlock Irrigation District canal, near the area of Griffith Road and Leatteau Avenue, approximately 2 miles from the spot where Merced County sheriff’s deputies believed the boy went into the fast-moving canal waters, Undersheriff Jason Goins confirmed.

Read more here: http://www.mercedsunstar.com/news/article110222287.html#storylink=cpy

RIP young Andres. May you fly high and free...:rose:

It is now Monday morning. That's 2 nights he's been missing. :(

Those canals are fast moving, even when they are low. I wonder if there's a way to figure out which way they flow, at what speed, and where the next 'barrier' is.

I don't know if this is related but on my next door app someone said something about cops being around the canal here in Turlock this morning?

Omg sorry posted that late :/ rip Andres :(

QDEP Andrés :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did earlier reports say he was playing with other children or did I dream that? Either way, the boy couldn't be "by himself" and "with his grandma" at the same time. Makes no sense. He is not speaking from experiental memory IMO.
I believe he was playing with his 2 year old sibling :(

Sent from my SM-G930V

Even though you suspect the probable outcome, it really tears you up when it is confirmed.
Rest in Peace Andres...

:( I'm sorry sweet boy.

Rest in peace, sweet little one. :( Heartbreaking.

Oh noooo :tears:

Fly high with the angels sweet Andres...

:rose:

Rest In Peace, Andres. [emoji169]

So sad.

I'll never feel guilty about being paranoid of my kids around water. They've all been in swimming lessons since 6 months old but accidents like this happen too quickly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Name Here
Back