Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:rose: ANNA HERNANDEZ :rose:

A year later, family still mourns teen shot to death
December 9, 2016, 9:41 PM SAN DIEGO
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/

The makeshift memorial is long gone, but Anna’s family and friends continue to mourn and wonder why she was targeted.

They said Flores, and the runaway teen, now 17, have gang ties, but Anna was not in a gang.

“Anna didn’t deserve to die. But it’s more sad because we don’t have answers,” said a relative, who did not want to be named for fear of gang retribution.

"In the months before Anna was killed, she dreamed of a perfect quinceañera, a celebration of a girl’s 15th birthday. She envisioned her dress and the invitations, her family said.

Anna’s mother, an ice cream vendor, worked doggedly to save money for the party.

“It was so sad she couldn’t even make it to 15,” her relative said."

A 12-year-old girl who lived in the triplex and a 16-year-old friend ran away before the blanket-wrapped corpse was found on Nov. 18, 2015.

The younger girl was found two weeks later in Tijuana and charged with being an accessory in Anna’s slaying. Her case has since been resolved in Juvenile Court.

The 16-year-old, considered a person of interest by police, has not been found. Investigators believe she is hiding in Mexico with 20-year-old Daniel Flores, who is the primary suspect in Anna’s killing.

I can't believe it's been a year already.. And no justice for Anna. Heartbreaking.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'll bet they never find those two either.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Boy my heart thwapped in my chest when I saw this on top of my notifications. Thought they caught Janeth. Glad to see they haven't forgotten about Anna.🌹

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Two years ago yesterday Anna’s body was found. :( I don’t see any new stories.

I remember reading this years ago when Anna was found. Awful there have been no updates since the 1 year anniversary of her death. I have a question, why isn't Janeth officially listed as a missing person by now. Even if they are still treating her as a voluntary run away, the link to the murder and the suspect wouldn't have her status updated as an endangered missing person. I did see a previous post about JM and DF location being reported to law enforcement so at one time they were together. Why aren't there any updates?!

Been looking online all day for any type of update. Found a YouTube video posted by AH cousin (its the one that is 10 minutes long). In the comments someone is asking about NE and she responds that NE admits shooting AH by accident, served 6 months and has since been released to witness protection. I went to SDPD website and the AH press release from 2015 is no longer listed although I did find it by googling it. There's also a list of unsolved cases and AH case is not listed either. Is this case still open? Couldn't find any cases with DF showing any court action. Or for JM although she would have been a minor til last year. Anyways. This just popped in my mind the other day and there have been no updates except for a story on the 1 year anniversary.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin
Back