GUILTY CA - Anthony Avalos, 10, possibly died after abuse by mother, Lancaster, 20 June 2018 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
10-Year-Old Had Been Abused: Family Says
So Heartbreaking. Here we go again. Another dead child, another abysmal failure by child protective services, and them talking out of the sides of their mouths.
Additional details in this article from The Advocate. If any of the abuse he suffered was because his parents thought he was gay, I hope they are charged with a hate crime on top of the murder.

10-Year-Old Boy Likely Beaten to Death Recently Came Out as Gay

Additional details in this article from The Advocate. If any of the abuse he suffered was because his parents thought he was gay, I hope they are charged with a hate crime on top of the murder.

He may not have even been gay, I read there were allegations of sexual abuse and I've seen other cases of children who are molested that believe they are gay. I know for sure one of the brothers who killed their Dad after being molested by Dad's friend (can't think of their names) said afterwards that he thought he was gay because he was molested.

If he felt like he was though poor Anthony had no parent to safely talk about his feelings to. I can't believe he was still in the home after all those allegations.

He may not have even been gay, I read there were allegations of sexual abuse and I've seen other cases of children who are molested that believe they are gay. I know for sure one of the brothers who killed their Dad after being molested by Dad's friend (can't think of their names) said afterwards that he thought he was gay because he was molested.

If he felt like he was though poor Anthony had no parent to safely talk about his feelings to. I can't believe he was still in the home after all those allegations.
I agree on all counts. And the dcf guy telling us it’s too soon to know if this was a dcf failure. Really? You got 16 calls about this little guy that we know about and now he’s dead. That’s pretty much textbook failure.

I agree on all counts. And the dcf guy telling us it’s too soon to know if this was a dcf failure. Really? You got 16 calls about this little guy that we know about and now he’s dead. That’s pretty much textbook failure.
Cagle makes me want to puke. I wonder if can look Anthony's siblings in the face and explain how premature it is. I wonder if he can explain to them why they were ignored. Why? Why the hell does Cagle think they recanted their claims of abuse? Well DUH. Because the abysmal state of child protection. These poor kids knew what they were in for, and still know.
Protection for anyone but them. More abuse, and victimization from the top down.
Premature my bleep.
Anthony's death was premature.

Stepfather Arrested on Suspicion of Murder in Death of Lancaster Boy

Authorities arrested the stepfather of a 10-year-old Lancaster boy on suspicion of murder Wednesday after suspected physical and sexual abuse, NBC4 has learned.
Smh. The little knick on his neck is just a classic sociopath's ploy to garner sympathy.
Cagle can answer his own questions: None. No. And DUHHHHHHHH.
No wonder children are getting murdered. The ineptitude is strong and widespread. In this entity that is supposed to stand,and protect children.
Unbelievable.

Also from The Advocate article:
It's not clear why Avalos was allowed to remain under the care of Barron and Leiva. DCFS director Bobby Cagle said it was "premature" to describe Avalos's torture and death as a failure of the welfare system.

Yes, DCFS, it's wa-a-a-a-ay too early, right?!

Also this from the same Advocate article:

Barron repeatedly warned officials about Avalos's mother, Heather Barron, and her boyfriend, Kareem Leiva; Leiva was convicted of domestic abuse in 2010. Barron described horrific treatment of Avalos and his siblings, including beatings, starvations, sexual abuse, being locked in small spaces, and denial of water.

The aunt "repeatedly warned" -- well, I guess she didn't contact the officials enuff times, or she didn't contact the right dept or person or office. Maybe she should have asked how many more warnings they needed to take action. The boyfriend had a previous domestic abuse convictions -- how many convictions must take place before there is investigation?

(You can tell I've seen this type thing before -- please excuse my anger and utter frustration about this. It's just that there are so darn many cases we see here -- and certainly we don't see them all.)

Another angel goes up to the place where there are so many other (too many) little angels.
Rest in Peace, sweet boy.

Anthony's case made the NBC evening news -- Lester Holt (my favorite newsman) reported that there had been several calls/complaints to the authorities about Anthony, but to no avail.
Thanks, Lester, for bringing this case to the nation. Will it help some other child even thought it is too late for Anthony? Let's hope so. At least it may bring heat on DCFS in that area.

10-Year-Old Had Been Abused: Family Says
So Heartbreaking. Here we go again. Another dead child, another abysmal failure by child protective services, and them talking out of the sides of their mouths.

The abuse started long before he said he liked boys. )-:

ETA: IOW poor little guy never had much of a chance.

Last edited:
"The agency said it confirmed two allegations involving sexual abuse when Anthony was 4 years old but the case was closed when it was determined that his mother was properly caring for him."

At a minimum, there was CONFIRMED serious abuse when Anthony was only 4, yet he's left in the home, calls to officials continue, and poor little guy ends up murdered 6 years later?? :mad:

Following his death, officials removed seven other children, ranging in age from 11 months to 12 years, from the home pending further investigation, police said. The children either lived at the home or were associated with the victim’s family.

SEVEN kiddos in the apartment?? I hope all the others end up safe, unlike poor Anthony.

California boy, 10, came out as gay just weeks before his suspicious death, officials say

"The agency said it confirmed two allegations involving sexual abuse when Anthony was 4 years old but the case was closed when it was determined that his mother was properly caring for him."

At a minimum, there was CONFIRMED serious abuse when Anthony was only 4, yet he's left in the home, calls to officials continue, and poor little guy ends up murdered 6 years later?? :mad:

Following his death, officials removed seven other children, ranging in age from 11 months to 12 years, from the home pending further investigation, police said. The children either lived at the home or were associated with the victim’s family.

SEVEN kiddos in the apartment?? I hope all the others end up safe, unlike poor Anthony.

California boy, 10, came out as gay just weeks before his suspicious death, officials say
Seriously. There was sexual abuse,but hey Mother Dearest was 'properly' caring for him. Are these people on crack, mentally deficient, or we're they deprived of oxygen for long periods.
Seriously. WTH?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8
Back