Still Missing CA - Aranda Briones, 16, missing after a night out with friends, Moreno Valley, 13 Jan 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't Instagram but 4000+ followers and only seven posts seems odd.
I'm well past my teen years but I've learned that It's actually really common for instagram users (especially with some level of small popularity) to delete posts when they feel there are too many, the posts don't fit a certain theme or mood they're going for during that time or "season". Teen girls do it a lot to kind of have less photos for people to scroll through and portray a particular and limited look or "vibe" to their profile. Keeping you posts under a certain number is apparently cool & in some way gives the illusion of quality over quantity and that people want to follow them. It's also "cool" with today's teens to not keep posts up for too long because if you didn't get to see it when it was still up it's kind of a "too bad for you, you didn't get to see it" kind of thing. So she probably has been posting for a long time and just deletes pictures frequently

I'm well past my teen years but I've learned that It's actually really common for instagram users (especially with some level of small popularity) to delete posts when they feel there are too many, the posts don't fit a certain theme or mood they're going for during that time or "season". Teen girls do it a lot to kind of have less photos for people to scroll through and portray a particular and limited look or "vibe" to their profile. Keeping you posts under a certain number is apparently cool & in some way gives the illusion of quality over quantity and that people want to follow them. It's also "cool" with today's teens to not keep posts up for too long because if you didn't get to see it when it was still up it's kind of a "too bad for you, you didn't get to see it" kind of thing. So she probably has been posting for a long time and just deletes pictures frequently

Kind of like a "limited edition" feel?

Short article in Spanish (translated with Google Translate)

Aranda Isabel Briones was last seen at the Moreno Valley community park when a friend left her there.Her Snapchat account was activated the next day, but when a friend contacted her she went off. The relatives of the young woman are distressed. The police search her incessantly, check security cameras and ask for help from the neighbors to find her. If you have information call the telephone number (951) 247 8700

Google Translate

BBM. I haven't heard about her being on Snapchat after her disappearance.

New hotline created in search for missing Moreno Valley teen – Press Enterprise

Aranda is classified as a missing person and not as a runaway.

Aranda was last seen Jan. 13 with friends at Moreno Valley Community Park.

Her mother handed out a flyer that said Aranda was last seen getting into the back seat of a gray or silver car; that information has not been verified, police said. Police also debunked a rumor that the body found near a homeless encampment in Jurupa Valley on Tuesday was that of a 16-year-old girl; the dead person was actually a man.

NWS_0119_RPE-L-MISSI-16x94.jpg

I use Instagram but not the same way teens do. The small handful of teen girls I know who use it tend to have a high follower count if they post a lot of "provocative" photos. I'm in no way victim blaming - anyone should have the right to post whatever photos they want (within that platform's TOS of course) - but it is possible she had more than a few unsavory male followers, with that many, depending on what she was posting. IMO
Also, keep in mind, I get alot of spam requests that at one point I didn't filter. So anyone could follow. So who know if alot of them are dummy/spam accounts that boltsters the number. However, this situation has the clear case runaway, grass is greener scenario. Hope she is found safe.

I drove the 60 through Moreno Valley last night and was pleased to see the auto mall right on the highway has a digital billboard with Aranda's information on it.

I'd like to hear LE's thoughts on the case since they have not been able to find surveillance footage of Aranda being dropped off at the park.

I drove the 60 through Moreno Valley last night and was pleased to see the auto mall right on the highway has a digital billboard with Aranda's information on it.

I'd like to hear LE's thoughts on the case since they have not been able to find surveillance footage of Aranda being dropped off at the park.

Yes...I have that same question. Have they confirmed that she was dropped off safely and confirmed she got into the strange car, as described?

I think the cops might be questioning that part of the timeline...?

Search for a missing teen intensifies this morning. Search crews will canvas Moreno Valley area for Aranda Briones, last seen 1/13/19. If you have information please call Moreno Valley police missing person hotline 951-486-6731. @LaurenLyster is live @KTLA @KTLAMorningNews

View attachment 166091 View attachment 166092

Thomas Lin on Twitter

Are they searching Rubidoux too? That was the last place her phone actually was on, the other friend who dropped her back at the park, but nothing was seen on camera. I would be scouring where I know she actually was last. I hope they are looking there too.

At first I thought she had run off with some older guy. But one would think that if she could, she would call her family to indicate she was ok. Especially with all the media attention. Very troubling. I hope she is found safe, and soon!

Aranda Briones of Moreno Valley was last seen at the park located at 13380 Frederick St. on Jan. 13, after spending that Sunday with a male friend, family members say.

The friend told police that he dropped Briones off at the park sometime between 6 and 6:30 p.m, then he saw her get into a gray, four-door sedan.

Briones hasn’t been seen or heard from since.

Investigators say they have reviewed surveillance footage and did not see anyone being dropped off at the park around that time.

Search Continues for Missing Teen Who Disappeared After Day With Friend on Jan. 13

Aranda Briones of Moreno Valley was last seen at the park located at 13380 Frederick St. on Jan. 13, after spending that Sunday with a male friend, family members say.

The friend told police that he dropped Briones off at the park sometime between 6 and 6:30 p.m, then he saw her get into a gray, four-door sedan.

Investigators say they have reviewed surveillance footage and did not see anyone being dropped off at the park around that time.

Search Continues for Missing Teen Who Disappeared After Day With Friend on Jan. 13

BBM Yikes! Not good for Aranda.

[bbm]

sounds like they need to interrogate the 'friend' who supposedly dropped her off

[bbm]

sounds like they need to interrogate the 'friend' who supposedly dropped her off
Apparently he didn't drop her off at all at the park. Poor Aranda, it's not looking good for her. I hope she is found safe soon but her friend lying like that does not bode well for her, unless he is trying to help hide her from family.

Apparently he didn't drop her off at all at the park. Poor Aranda, it's not looking good for her. I hope she is found safe soon but her friend lying like that does not bode well for her, unless he is trying to help hide her from family.

[bbm]

Completely agree with both of you. His story isn’t ringing true. I wonder if he didn’t even consider the cameras. He’d be my #1 suspect. If he’s just hiding info to aid her in disappearing, I hope he tells LE what really happened. This is all JMO.

An interesting thing I saw, which I posted way back upthread, was a brief interview with her older brother. I think she has at least 2 older brothers?

One of them, who has longish red hair, and was very very concerned about her, was interviewed as he was posting up flyers at that park.

I couldn't hear the exact question the reporter asked him about the friend that dropped her off, but the reply was interesting...

Her brother seemed to be totally defensing the person who dropped her off, and said something like ' HE IS A MUTUAL FRIEND and there is no issue there....'

I thought it was interesting he was called a mutual friend. It sounds like it could be an older kid, the brother's age, not actually a friend of hers, her age. from school. That might add a new wrinkle.

I remember when older boys, who knew my son, would talk to my daughter when they ran into her. I had to constantly remind her that just because they played on the same hockey team as him, or knew him from math class, it doesn't mean they are totally trustworthy, as they are 4 yrs older, and I hope we didnt have a bad example of that here...

ETA: That interview was a brief one on local KTLA news. I haven't seen it online yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back