Still Missing CA - Aranda Briones, 16, missing after a night out with friends, Moreno Valley, 13 Jan 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have been trying to find the KTLA news interview I saw last week. But I did find an interesting segment from her uncle, about something I had not heard before...
starting about 0:45-----Uncle says he was home and one of her friends texted him to say she hoped Aranda made it home alright...and he said 'he went upstairs to go check and she was gone' ... ? ....<<<<I had not heard any of that before...

Sounds a bit odd....she was gone? Does that mean she did make it home and then left?

And one of her friends texted HIM to see if she made it home ok? Was that because her friend couldn't reach her?

Last edited:
I saw this covered a bit on HLN yesterday. I hope the police are talking to the friend who claims to have dropped her off. With the police coming out and stating they don’t have any evidence of that from cameras, it seems they really turned up the heat on this “friend”. I was thinking there would be more new info coming shortly after that announcement.

All IMOO

I have been trying to find the KTLA news interview I saw last week. But I did find an interesting segment from her uncle, about something I had not heard before...
starting about 0:45-----Uncle says he was home and one of her friends texted him to say she hoped Aranda made it home alright...and he said 'he went upstairs to go check and she was gone' ... ? ....<<<<I had not heard any of that before...

Sounds a bit odd....she was gone? Does that mean she did make it home and then left?

And one of her friends texted HIM to see if she made it home ok? Was that because her friend couldn't reach her?

That is pretty creepy actually. It doesn’t sound threatening, but almost like the friend wanted to try to absolve themselves of any wrong doing in her appearance before she was noticed as missing. MOO

ETA- I didn’t realize how young the uncle was. It makes me very curious about the circumstances that a young guy would have custody of his teenaged niece.

That is pretty creepy actually. It doesn’t sound threatening, but almost like the friend wanted to try to absolve themselves of any wrong doing in her appearance before she was noticed as missing. MOO

ETA- I didn’t realize how young the uncle was. It makes me very curious about the circumstances that a young guy would have custody of his teenaged niece.

If I remember correctly, he does not have custody of her. Her grandfather has custody of her. Still curious about the circumstances though for sure.....

I wonder if the uncle and Aranda are close in age. Maybe they share similar friends?

I am very interested in the text to the uncle from the friend. I suppose this could be nothing out of the ordinary, but in light of her actually being missing I can't help but feel there is more to it. Did the friend feel like something was off? Did the friend think Aranda was doing something shouldn't be? Did the friend feel like the person Aranda was last seen with was up to no good? How did the uncle react to receiving this text? Was he surprised to receive it? Sorry for all of the questions.

I'm well past my teen years but I've learned that It's actually really common for instagram users (especially with some level of small popularity) to delete posts when they feel there are too many, the posts don't fit a certain theme or mood they're going for during that time or "season". Teen girls do it a lot to kind of have less photos for people to scroll through and portray a particular and limited look or "vibe" to their profile. Keeping you posts under a certain number is apparently cool & in some way gives the illusion of quality over quantity and that people want to follow them. It's also "cool" with today's teens to not keep posts up for too long because if you didn't get to see it when it was still up it's kind of a "too bad for you, you didn't get to see it" kind of thing. So she probably has been posting for a long time and just deletes pictures frequently

Welcome cheykryit. :)

Great first post, very well explained, thank you.

I am very interested in the text to the uncle from the friend. I suppose this could be nothing out of the ordinary, but in light of her actually being missing I can't help but feel there is more to it. Did the friend feel like something was off? Did the friend think Aranda was doing something shouldn't be? Did the friend feel like the person Aranda was last seen with was up to no good? How did the uncle react to receiving this text? Was he surprised to receive it? Sorry for all of the questions.

I have the SAME QUESTIONS as you do.

I don't think the friend would be calling the uncle unless she was concerned. She must have been trying to get in touch with Aranda already, and having no luck. :(

And if she was concerned, then she must have had some kind of suspicion towards the friend that was supposed to drop her off, imo. Did she try and contact that person?

if her male friend was the one who took her to the park and actually 100 % seen she get into another vehicle..... then we need to investigate and question that friend... he must know who this person is because Im sure he wouldn't let her go with a complete stranger... maybe ask neighbors of camera footage near the pick up location ..
Yes, this male friend definitely should be questioned. What do we know about him?

And her location was turned off on Snapchat right after her friend asked why she was in that specific area?

I've been checking this thread everyday. It sucks that there aren't any real updates. Definitely not much media coverage either. I live on the east coast and the only way I heard about this was a short post on yahoo news week ago, since then nothing else.

Yes, it's sad there's not any coverage. I live in SoCal, although not in the Moreno Valley area, per se. We share the same news coverage though and all you'll hear today and probably through the weekend is how it's raining cats and dogs. A little rain falls and it dominates the news :rolleyes:

On Facebook her uncle is trying to organize searches for this weekend. One search is going to take place in Hemet/San Jacinto. For the other search they are asking people to meet at Dave and Buster's in Ontario.

On Facebook her uncle is trying to organize searches for this weekend. One search is going to take place in Hemet/San Jacinto. For the other search they are asking people to meet at Dave and Buster's in Ontario.
So sad. I pray against the odds she will be found alive. Everything about this sounds so shady, right from the get-go.

Glad to still see you around Roses :) I hope you are well.

Regarding the case. I have read most of what has been posted here, so forgive any mistakes I make in my following analysis/opinion.

The fact that the phone has been turned off after attempts to contact is almost certainly proof she was kidnapped, she didn't run away. Someone who is planning on running away will plan ahead, this includes getting rid of means of contact. As she was still reachable (in theory) the day after, means that whoever took her, forgot to turn off the phone. But another interesting aspect is the fact that smarphones do not have long battery life. Having disappeared at night, and her being active on social media means her phone battery should've been almost done. So whoever took her, either charged it and deleted social media apps or just forgot it on. This means whoever she got in the car with, was of interest to her, enough that she didn't feel the need to text or do anything (that would indicate she's in danger) for a long while. It seems things took a turn after she got in the car. Therefore, a call/text register from her phone should be pulled and numbers she was in contact with, looked up.

There is a small possibility she was held at gun point (I can't imagine any other reason for her not signaling any concern via phone) but that is unlikely since she could've screamed or something, kidnappers don't take risks like that, they get the victims to trust them enough to not panic.

So in short, I believe looking into the numbers that she has been in contact withwith could shed some light on who she thought she was meeting. In phone records there are usually patterns of called/texted numbers (family, friends, they repeat) so in case there is a weird number in there that is not in that pattern, it's most likely the kidnapper. But, if there is no unusual number, it means someone she knew and was comfortable with is the perp.

I hope this helps in any way.
I am reachable via DM or gmail (pepinsonpepin@gmail.com). I want to actively work on this case. I'll do my best to help out.

Best wishes to the family.

Glad to still see you around Roses :) I hope you are well.

Regarding the case. I have read most of what has been posted here, so forgive any mistakes I make in my following analysis/opinion.

The fact that the phone has been turned off after attempts to contact is almost certainly proof she was kidnapped, she didn't run away. Someone who is planning on running away will plan ahead, this includes getting rid of means of contact. As she was still reachable (in theory) the day after, means that whoever took her, forgot to turn off the phone. But another interesting aspect is the fact that smarphones do not have long battery life. Having disappeared at night, and her being active on social media means her phone battery should've been almost done. So whoever took her, either charged it and deleted social media apps or just forgot it on. This means whoever she got in the car with, was of interest to her, enough that she didn't feel the need to text or do anything (that would indicate she's in danger) for a long while. It seems things took a turn after she got in the car. Therefore, a call/text register from her phone should be pulled and numbers she was in contact with, looked up.

There is a small possibility she was held at gun point (I can't imagine any other reason for her not signaling any concern via phone) but that is unlikely since she could've screamed or something, kidnappers don't take risks like that, they get the victims to trust them enough to not panic.

So in short, I believe looking into the numbers that she has been in contact withwith could shed some light on who she thought she was meeting. In phone records there are usually patterns of called/texted numbers (family, friends, they repeat) so in case there is a weird number in there that is not in that pattern, it's most likely the kidnapper. But, if there is no unusual number, it means someone she knew and was comfortable with is the perp.

I hope this helps in any way.
I am reachable via DM or gmail (pepinsonpepin@gmail.com). I want to actively work on this case. I'll do my best to help out.

Best wishes to the family.
Good deductions Pepin. Good to “see” you too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back