CA CA - Areli Garcia, 25, last seen at home in Salinas, missed work, car found Big Sur with pers poss & phone, 22 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here are the parts I found interesting from the quoted article, my responses in bold.

"It’s not like her to be so adventurous to drive to Big Sur,” [her sister] says. “Normally she stays local.” This answers the question of whether if was normal for Areli to travel to Big Sur or similar outdoor places: it wasn't.

"Garcia’s disappearance came just about a month after another young woman from Salinas, 20-year-old Kayeleigh Gammill, went missing in mid-August. Her remains were found in Big Sur, and the Sheriff’s Office is now investigating the case as a homicide." Awfully coincidental. There is not much information about Kayeleigh online, but here's one article: Family looking for answers after Salinas woman, Kayeleigh Gammil, was found dead in Big Sur - NewsBreak

Hi I found her car on Google maps 36.330354,-121.891766

link Google Maps

Great find! I am trying to figure out how close this is to the location where Kayeleigh Gammill was found, however I am not very good at Googling coordinates. I haven't been able to pinpoint a Dolan Creek specifically - only Dolan Canyon and Ridge. As per the article at the link below (provided by @azure), "Investigators told her family that she was found about 200 yards from the road and about a mile away from Dolan Creek."

Family looking for answers after Salinas woman, Kayeleigh Gammil, was found dead in Big Sur - NewsBreak

Edited to remove incorrectly quoted message and add correct link.

Sorry, all! Still getting used to posting here.

Last edited:
Regarding the woman who went missing around the same time as Areli in the same area-
Kayeleigh Gammil's death now considered a homicide – KION546
UPDATE DEC. 15, 2022, at 3:14 p.m.- The death of a woman whose body was found in Big Sur is now being investigated as a homicide, said the Monterey County Sheriff's Office.

Kayeleigh Alyssa Gammill's, 20, body was found discarded in Big Sur in late August after being reported missing two weeks prior on August 17. The Monterey County Sheriff's Office says they have no further information to give at this time.

They are investigating various leads and would not disclose her cause of death or if they had a suspect.

Great find! I am trying to figure out how close this is to the location where Kayeleigh Gammill was found, however I am not very good at Googling coordinates. I haven't been able to pinpoint a Dolan Creek specifically - only Dolan Canyon and Ridge. As per the article at the link below (provided by @azure), "Investigators told her family that she was found about 200 yards from the road and about a mile away from Dolan Creek."

Family looking for answers after Salinas woman, Kayeleigh Gammil, was found dead in Big Sur - NewsBreak

Edited to remove incorrectly quoted message and add correct link.

Sorry, all! Still getting used to posting here.
There's a member here who is very good at things like this and I cannot remember their username right now, it's driving me nuts!

There's a member here who is very good at things like this and I cannot remember their username right now, it's driving me nuts!

Maybe they'll stumble upon this thread or it will come to you out of nowhere at the most random of times, like those thoughts seem to come to me. ;)

Arelie Garcia's family to hold protest to bring awareness to her disappearance – KION546
Police tell KION that they've already interviewed 25 friends and family members. They have reviewed over 150 pages of case information hundreds of times but can't seem to find answers for the family.

Police say they're taking this case very seriously and that they wish they had positive news for the family, but they do not have any new leads.

They and the Monterey County Sheriff's Office have combed the area where her car was found in Big Sur multiple times. At this point, they feel their resources should not be used when there is a lack of evidence about where Arelie may be.
1673565881728.png

Arelie's family has a message for her if she's out there somewhere. Her mom misses her. Her sister misses her. They all love her and that they want her back home. If she's out there, know that she has not been forgotten. Know that they are praying for her safe return.
1673565869452.png

Side note: I love her car! She clearly was into car stuff, really neat. I pray she is found soon. I was thinking of her recently and am glad this case popped up in my notifications, the more people talking about her, the better.

View attachment 394965

View attachment 394964

Side note: I love her car! She clearly was into car stuff, really neat. I pray she is found soon. I was thinking of her recently and am glad this case popped up in my notifications, the more people talking about her, the better.

This sparks a thought... Did Areli frequent car shows, local or otherwise? Was she perhaps in a car group?

I haven't yet found a car show close to the date of Areli's disappearance, however Monterey does host an annual car week in August. I am curious if the possible avenues of having left for a spontaneous car group meet-up or a car show have been investigated. I know we aren't supposed to speculate too much, and I know I can come up with some pretty wild theories, but with this beauty of a car, I can't help but wonder.

Hi I found her car on Google maps 36.330354,-121.891766

link Google Maps

That's great! Is there a way to see what date the image was captured? You might want to pass that along to the police. There are two vehicles with drivers inside parked behind hers... maybe they saw something useful.

That stretch of coastline is breathtakingly beautiful. I know her family says it's not like her to venture further out but maybe she wanted to take some photos of her car with the stunning Big Sur backdrop (do we know what time she was supposed to be at work for? the drive would take about an hour each way).

The fact that she didn't stop by a steep cliff that drops right into the ocean makes me more confident that she didn't take her own life. There are multiple "Private - Keep Out" signs so it's not likely she stopped there to access the beach. I'm leaning towards her being forced into another vehicle. The family said her keys, phone and purse were all left inside.

This sparks a thought... Did Areli frequent car shows, local or otherwise? Was she perhaps in a car group?

I haven't yet found a car show close to the date of Areli's disappearance, however Monterey does host an annual car week in August. I am curious if the possible avenues of having left for a spontaneous car group meet-up or a car show have been investigated. I know we aren't supposed to speculate too much, and I know I can come up with some pretty wild theories, but with this beauty of a car, I can't help but wonder.

It definitely appears she was active in the local car scene. This is her Instagram page: https://instagram.com/9thgen_ari

She even displayed her IG username on her rear door window. Women in modified cars attract a lot of attention. I suspect she often got messages from strangers she passed.

It definitely appears she was active in the local car scene. This is her Instagram page: https://instagram.com/9thgen_ari

She even displayed her IG username on her rear door window. Women in modified cars attract a lot of attention. I suspect she often got messages from strangers she passed.
Really hope the cops are looking into that angle.
This is way to long to be missing... there was a string of young adults in Cali going missing with their cars being found safe and I was hoping & praying Areli would be one of them. But I have a really bad feeling. I pray I am wrong.

@supermom_831 you are indeed a super mom! as jash said, send that to the cops/her family, they may not have it :)

There was also Hot August Nights in Reno/Sparks, which also played a bit part in the Kiely Rodni case. I can imagine Ari driving that far, it would've appealed to her. MOO

From a purely statistical point of view, it would be folly to think that every missing persons case is the result of foul play. Nearly twice as many people die by suicide (~46,000) each year vs homicide (~25,600).

Agreed. I thought you might have something more specific. Thanks.

It seems you found the car already, but I believe the member you are thinking of who is fabulous with maps is @otto

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamzie
Back