CA CA - Areli Garcia, 25, last seen at home in Salinas, missed work, car found Big Sur with pers poss & phone, 22 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi. Thanks for this really interesting discussion.

I'm a little familiar with some elements of Big Sur which might be relevant so thought I would share them. Big Sur has a lot of pot farms and it is also a big entrance point for drug dealers and immigration into the country. This is partly because there is little reliable internet down there so little surveillance and that's great for crime even in such a beautiful area. The people who live there like it that way and they seem to be able to ignore fenced off farms and tractors and people running around in the middle of the night.

The comment which connected the two murders to CarWeek could be relevant. The first woman who was murdered disappeared right around the time of CarWeek and Areli disappeared a month later. There is a criminal element to CarWeek with stepped up law enforcement. There are cars gunning engines half the night and the vibe is really exhausting (no pun intended). I live in the area and someone broke into my car and dumped what I think is feces in the oil. I had a really bad time during the 2020 Carweek as well. It was cancelled because of COVID but people still showed up and did some crazy stuff including breaking into my car and carving a hole in the driver's side door. Still don't know what that was about. I'm telling you this to let you know the vibe that goes on.

I hope they can find Areli. The journalism in the area is extremely censored so when things like this happen it's difficult to understand the whole story and for the community to come together. I never saw this website discussion until last week. I've probably said some things which need to be censored as a matter of fact. It really upsets me that two women disappeared like this and nobody is talking about it.

Arelie Garcia, 25, was last seen on the morning of September 22, 2022 when she left her home on Roosevelt Street. Shortly after 6:30 a.m., she sent her sister a text message telling her that she was on her way to work. “However, she never arrived at her place of employment. Her family reported her missing later that evening,” the Salinas Police Department wrote.
Arelie Garcia

Wow, police interviewed a lot of people which is great. Seems they took the investigation seriously. It's too bad they still have no answers for Arelie's family.

Salinas Police Department is handling the investigation and said they have interviewed 62 people, but have no leads to help them solve the case.
Salinas Police Department is still investigating the case and it’s asking anyone with the information to contact the police departments nonemergency phone number.

Garcia Sanchez was last seen in Salinas, California at 6:34 a.m. on September 22, 2022. She left her apartment on Roosevelt Street, where she lived with her mother, to drive to her job at a Chevrolet car dealership. She normally left home for work at 7:30 a.m. and it's not clear why she left early on this day; she also wasn't wearing the sort of clothes she would have worn to owrk. She never arrived at work and has never been heard from again.

The last place Garcia Sanchez's cellular phone pinged was in the Big Sur area, about an hour's drive from Salinas. Her red Honda Accord was found there, parked on the side of Highway 1 near the Little Sue River. The car was locked, the keys were in the ignition, Garcia Sanchez's cellular phone and wallet were inside it, and there were no indications of foul play.

Garcia Sanchez was close to her family prior to her disappearance and they can't think of a reason why she would have wanted to leave. The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear.

Arelie Garcia now covered by Nancy Grace. Bless your heart thank you Nancy!

Here are the parts I found interesting from the quoted article, my responses in bold.

"It’s not like her to be so adventurous to drive to Big Sur,” [her sister] says. “Normally she stays local.” This answers the question of whether if was normal for Areli to travel to Big Sur or similar outdoor places: it wasn't.

"Garcia’s disappearance came just about a month after another young woman from Salinas, 20-year-old Kayeleigh Gammill, went missing in mid-August. Her remains were found in Big Sur, and the Sheriff’s Office is now investigating the case as a homicide." Awfully coincidental. There is not much information about Kayeleigh online, but here's one article: Family looking for answers after Salinas woman, Kayeleigh Gammil, was found dead in Big Sur - NewsBreak
I know you posted this awhile back but do you know if there’s a thread on here for Kayeleigh? I tried searching for it but couldn’t find anything.

July 15, 2024

Arelie Garcia texted her sister “good morning” on her way to work – but the 25-year-old Californian never showed up and has been missing ever since.

That was nearly two years ago and her whereabouts are still a mystery.

“We would text each other almost every day,” said her sister Veronica Garcia on the first episode of the new season of the Dateline: Missing in America podcast, which drops on Tuesday.

“There is speculation about whether or not her case is connected to that of Kayeleigh Gammill,” Dateline correspondent Josh Mankiewicz brings up to the sisters on the podcast.

“The similarities are impossible to ignore,” he said of their closeness in age, the dates they went missing. “One person has been found and the other has not - that’s the big difference.”

But detectives tell the family and Dateline there is no evidence linking the two cases and that Arelie’s disappearance is still an open investigation.

More at link.

I know you posted this awhile back but do you know if there’s a thread on here for Kayeleigh?
Just created one

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back