CA CA - Arianna Fitts, 2, San Francisco, 1 April 2016 *mother found dead*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Per public posts on FB, Nicole apparently lived with a roommate near the park she was found in. When Nicole left that Friday night the roommate said she was going to meet the babysitter nearby and was planning on getting her child from Oakland on Sunday. The child hadn't been seen by her Mom since sometime in February and in mid-March when she tried to see Arianna, the babysitter told her that the child was away on a trip to Disneyland. Weird stuff, makes no sense. I hope the police have a POI and are closer to finding the little girl safe. Thinking good thoughts every day for Arianna's return.

Here's another image of Arianna
56974c3127a9aa13a474dc80ca2b88ff.jpg

Source:
Embedded video @ Link:
San Francisco police still searching for missing toddler Arianna Fitts after mother found dead at McLaren Park http://abc7news.com/1285143/ via @abc7newsbayarea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This case is shrouded in mystery. I wonder why the details about the mom's murder are being kept quiet. Hope that means a POI has been identified. Nikki doesn't appear to have a stable address, although there is mention of a pastor with whom she may be staying. The Bayview district of the city (where she was found in a park) has a very high crime rate, FWIW.

KTVU got someone in SFPD to tell them that Nikki was severely beaten, which may have been the cause of her death. I saw it on the news last night at 10 so I don't have a link, sorry.

I live very close to the park that Nicole was found in. It is a nice, fairly safe park during the day and a popular place for dogs. It does, unfortunately, have a reputation for being a "dumping ground." It is the second largest park in San Francisco next to Golden Gate and is not nearly as kept up in terms of overgrown plants and trees. Nicole was living in the Bayview, which is about a mile -- maybe a little over -- from where she was found in the park at University and Woolsey. I am really concerned for her little girl. There are just way too many weird things about this case.

I'm not sure if it's been talked about, but in the same KTVU broadcast last night, they spoke with an old neighbor who mentioned her older (12 year old?) daughter and that she was trying to get custody back of that daughter, that she'd cleaned up her life and was doing well. If she was doing well and getting her life back in order, that makes me wonder why this, now? Also, something they mentioned is that she worked at Best Buy. I'm doubtful it was connected to her job, but you never know, I guess.

Also, I'd say it's been in the media a fair bit here. I've seen it every time I watched the news and they mentioned it several times during commercial breaks on Saturday. But SFPD has little for them to go on and the media hasn't been able to track down much more info it seems. :(

Also, I'd say it's been in the media a fair bit here. I've seen it every time I watched the news and they mentioned it several times during commercial breaks on Saturday. But SFPD has little for them to go on and the media hasn't been able to track down much more info it seems. :(
I was surprised, but they actually mentioned it briefly on the radio news here. Just a local station, but they read a few AP releases about major nationwide news a few times a day. I am on the east coast.

Here's a KTVU article with more details:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/121188312-story

From the link:
"One person of interest is a woman whom Nicole and her daughter used to live with— a pastor from Oakland. Friends say that the pastor was not allowing Nicole to see her daughter in the weeks leading up to her death. She is one of about seven people police are now interviewing on the case."

A KTVU reporter posted this about the case and after interviewing one of the POIs:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1350694964956540&id=320650801294300

In part:
"Nicole's friends say Lemasani's niece or some relative of hers used to frequently babysit Arianna in Oakland. They say Nicole was growing increasingly frustrated because the babysitter refused to let Nicole see her daughter in the weeks leading up to her death. "They would tell her oh, we took her to Disneyland, we'll be back, you know, they just kept giving her the runaround, " Cheryl Taylor told me. Nicole had been living with Cheryl at her home in the city's Bayview District recently. "I told her whatever you do... get the police involved don't go by yourself." "Go where by yourself?" I asked. "To the babysitter's!" she cried."

The only possible silver lining in this write-up may be that if Arianna is with some related to the POI, they say they've considered her as a member of their family since she was a baby. So, her safe return may be more likely. The main FB page (she has more than one profile) of the POI is public and there's at least one picture there of her and Arianna posted in December (which the reporter noted).

Just noticed that I have Law & Order on (of course)...and they're looking for a woman named Ariana. Synchronicity, huh.

Sending good thoughts every day for Arianna's safe return ASAP.

Law enforcement agencies throughout California continue to search for a missing 2-year-old girl from San Francisco.
The toddler, Arianna Fitts, and her 32-year-old mother, Nicole Fitts, were reported missing by police last week. A few days later, the mother's body was found dead in San Franciso's John McLaren Park.

"She was a lovely person and liked by everyone that worked with her," said Martha Ryan, who runs the Homeless Prenatal Program in San Francisco.
The program also serves as a resource center for families living in poverty. Ryan said Nicole Fitts, who worked at a Best Buy in San Francisco, used the center for parenting classes.

This is part of the text from the article I linked above

On the local NBC Bay Area news today, they said that at 9:00pm coworkers and friends of Nicole Fitts are gathering at the pak where she was found murdered and would walk to the local Best Buy where she worked for a year.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back