CA CA - Arianna Fitts, 2, San Francisco, 1 April 2016 *mother found dead*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.ktvu.com/news/121832978-story another article

Fitts had been homeless at one stage. That's when she met Lemasani Briggs, a self-described "street pastor" and Evangelist from Daly City. Briggs is a person of interest in the case, according to San Francisco police.
"My thing is that I help people," said Briggs.

"We do bring people in our homes, we have. And Nicole and Arianna was one of them and she's like a daughter to me... and our house was more like a safe haven place like when Nicole would go out and people would kick her out and she would come back to us."

Friends and coworkers say Fitts complained that Briggs was too controlling and that she had to get away from her. Briggs admits that she could be tough on Fitts, but she says that's only because she loved her like a daughter. "I'm a nosy mom, I'm overbearing yeah, I'm controlling yes, I'm supposed to be… this is my home."

just a small part of the article posted

KNTV reports (http://bit.ly/1Ytu17z ) Wednesday that police investigators met with federal agents Tuesday and sought their assistance in the case of the missing girl, Arianna Fitts.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/bayarea/5496180-181/fbi-joins-san-francisco-police

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco Best Buy workers held a vigil for their murdered co-worker and her missing child.

[...]

Police Chief Greg Suhr says his department is following every lead in the case.

"We're getting help right now from FBI on some of the technical work that we're doing. We're very hopeful that we're going to get a break. God willing we will find little girl alive," Suhr said.

http://abc7news.com/news/vigil-held...in-in-sf-park;-child-remains-missing/1290550/

Oh my, such a sad case. I pray the so called Pastor did not do this but....

Nicole was so beautiful and her daughters both look just like her. I pray little Arianna is soon found safe.
I cannot imagine what her older daughter is going through and hopefully she is getting the support she needs.

I am so confused. The person believed to have had the child since February was quoted in a news article? But no questions regarding where the child is or when she "supposedly" returned the child to mom because I am certain that will be the story somehow.

My initial thoughts are whomever was caring for this child allowed something terrible to happen probably through neglect. I hate to say it but I do not think this child will be found alive. I have a feeling she has been deceased for a while now and the mother finally had enough of all the stories and tried to find out where her baby was thus resulting in her death. I hope I am wrong but the little bit of information we have is just too fishy.

http://abc7news.com/news/statewide-search-in-effect-for-missing-toddler-arianna-fitts/1288334/

Police sources told ABC7 News that detectives are questioning many persons of interest in the case including, a pastor from Oakland who may have known the mother and child. "The staff is grieving, we are terribly sorry," San Francisco Homeless Prenatal Program Director Martha Ryan said.

Ryan was stunned to hear about Fitt's murder. "Nikki was a lovely woman and we just hope and pray that her daughter, Arianna comes back safely," Ryan said.

Relatives said they haven't seen the toddler since February.

Has this baby been gone for longer? :(

I am so confused. The person believed to have had the child since February was quoted in a news article? But no questions regarding where the child is or when she "supposedly" returned the child to mom because I am certain that will be the story somehow.

My initial thoughts are whomever was caring for this child allowed something terrible to happen probably through neglect. I hate to say it but I do not think this child will be found alive. I have a feeling she has been deceased for a while now and the mother finally had enough of all the stories and tried to find out where her baby was thus resulting in her death. I hope I am wrong but the little bit of information we have is just too fishy.

Good post and great questions. I am sitting in the same place as you are, Slashkiss.

My heart sank when I read the article too. I concluded just as you did. So many questions.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/128702384-story - here is a summary of the presser from today
Police have said an Oakland pastor is considered a person of interest but no arrests have been made in the case. Authorities have been investigating several people in connection with the case.

SAN FRANCISCO (KTVU) -- Police released new details Thursday about the death of a woman whose toddler daughter is still missing.

The body of 32-year-old Nicole Fitts was found buried in the McLaren Park, at the corner of University and Woolsey, in early April. San Francisco police revealed Thursday her body was covered by a piece of plywood. The plywood had spray paint markings which police believe could either be related to construction or graffiti. The plywood was not originally from the park. Police believe the suspect brought the plywood with them to the park, and they are hoping someone will recognize it.

Investigators have not said how Fitts died but sources have told KTVU that Fitts' body was severely beaten

With all the silence in this case. It's good to know that the LE are diligently working it.

Why isn't this all over the media?! This seems like a true EMERGENCY to me!

Good question! I live near Sacramento, not far at all from San Francisco, and I just heard about it TODAY. Worse yet I heard about it in one of those local "Patch" newsletter things, not even MSM. I haven't been on WS very much so I hadn't seen it here, but of course jumped on right away to make sure she had a thread going. Off to read the rest of it now...

Edited to add: looks like it's gotten more press than I realized so that's good, but with how long she's been gone she could be anywhere. I can't believe I hadn't seen anything about it in Sacramento before now.

I wonder what is leading them to say they believe she's still alive? Is it just because they don't have any evidence otherwise?

Investigators think she’s still alive.

Former FBI agent and KPIX 5 security expert Jeff Harp says it’s possible there may be some movement forward, but we won’t know about it until the dust has settled.

Harp said, “They are going to keep all those things very closely held to the vest because there may be people they don’t want to flee so they can conduct their logical investigation.”

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/04/26/murdered-womans-2-year-old-daughter-remains-missing/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back