CA - Armie, 89, & Shirley Isom, 74, murdered at their La Verne estate, 26 Dec 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you just killed two people on the edge of a housing development like that on acerage wouldn't you cut across round the back and meet up with houses on the other side?

Also, looking at that map it appears like there are several easy access points where you could enter the property and cut across to the house.

"Newly obtained court documents obtained by CBS2 also show that the family was fending off multiple lawsuits from a former in-law."

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...-verne-couple-received-threats-before-deaths/

Ex husband of a daughter? Who else could that be? Ex husband of a sister perhaps .. ?

The night this happened-or maybe it was the next day, the news was talking to neighbors, several people were talking about the transient looking man - (not saying it was or wasn't an actual relative or former inlaw) but the person definitely didn't seem to fit into the area.

Sounds like a hired hit man. If he appeared to be a transient, nobody would bother him and it sounds like nobody did.

JMO

One of my neighbors tried to murder her husband over money issues, including a house she "gave" to her parents. In other words it would surprise you how evil people are willing to be to get ahead or get something nice.

Or maybe it wouldn't.

I wonder if the ex in-law was a previous business partner, I can't see how else he would have the standing to sue, unless he thinks the estate should have been counted towards a divorce settlement? Actually, think about that .. if the parents were both murdered, then property passes into daughters hands and could count towards a final payment to an ex spouse? Or does that not count as communal property if they are already separated? Unless he thought they could reunite .. complete speculation here.

If you just killed two people on the edge of a housing development like that on acerage wouldn't you cut across round the back and meet up with houses on the other side?

Also, looking at that map it appears like there are several easy access points where you could enter the property and cut across to the house.

"Newly obtained court documents obtained by CBS2 also show that the family was fending off multiple lawsuits from a former in-law."

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...-verne-couple-received-threats-before-deaths/

Ex husband of a daughter? Who else could that be? Ex husband of a sister perhaps .. ?

Maybe access the home from behind and leave via front so as to avoid being seen in both/either areas more than once? But then assuming the perp was the fella with bag hidden bush why have a bag to retrieve at all?

Maybe access the home from behind and leave via front so as to avoid being seen in both/either areas more than once? But then assuming the perp was the fella with bag hidden bush why have a bag to retrieve at all?

the bag was to store whatever murder weapon he used. If stopped by LE for any reason, they could frisk him but would need probable cause to search the bag. That weapon is long gone, imo......

Possible MyBelle, I hadn't considered probably cause angle to that question. Thanks.

My husbands side of the family is banned from visiting us here this christmas after they showed up last year wanting to know the value of the property, what the plantation was worth, did nothing but read real estate pamphlets, and enquired about a recent sale across the road, when the husband told us he thought my mother in law looked frail and should move in with them she's the one who ended up snapping and sent them packing. It's horrible when family members start circling older members for real estate, I hope that's not what happened here :(

Maybe after reading about this, and the other wealthy couple killed by their son this year in Calif. I'm sort of happier I don't have much after all. Nothing much to kill me over anyway ....Ugh, what a way to go!

Possible MyBelle, I hadn't considered probably cause angle to that question. Thanks.

A good sketch artist should sit down with these witnesses and get a description of this guy out there and get him off the streets. Killing an elderly couple in the sanctity of their home is morally reprehensible and if he did it once, he'll do it again.

My feeling is that this 'out of place, transient man w/ backpack' was part of a planned, calculated move by the perp(s) to lead LE on a wild goose chase. Ensure the neighbors 'see' this guy who looks so out of place, they heard of the murders then report this info to LE and then LE searches for such a man.......when very possibly the real killer(s) exited unseen from the property...so in other words, Mr Transient/out of place dude used intentionally as a decoy of sorts.

Sounds like a hired hit man. If he appeared to be a transient, nobody would bother him and it sounds like nobody did.

JMO

I wonder if the ex in-law was a previous business partner, I can't see how else he would have the standing to sue, unless he thinks the estate should have been counted towards a divorce settlement? Actually, think about that .. if the parents were both murdered, then property passes into daughters hands and could count towards a final payment to an ex spouse? Or does that not count as communal property if they are already separated? Unless he thought they could reunite .. complete speculation here.

Could depend on several things.
Did dau & son in law have prenuptial contract?
If so, prenup terms would provide for prop division, could be mirror or diff from statutory 'regular' division of prop on marital dissolution.

Are dau & son in law CA residents? Or another state, perhaps non-community st?
Going by memory only (pretty shaking sometimes), in community prop states generally,
prop received subsequent to the marriage, thru will, inheritance, trust, etc. is not community /marital property,
so not subject to be split in divorce as community prop.
If so, timing of receipt of prop would not matter.
IANAL. JM2cts.

Sad, sad, sad.

I hate reading about this type crime at any age......but the elderly, RIP dear couple.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/01/01/investigators-back-at-square-one-after-questioning-man-in-la-verne-double-murder/

Back to square one..?

Police say they detained William Denny soon after he and his wife came into town Thursday because of similarities to a suspect description in the case. Investigators have been looking for a man described as “suspicious” and carrying a duffel bag. They detained Denny on a narcotics warrant out of Pennsylvania until the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department could determine if he was connected to the slayings of Armie and Shirley Isom.

There are Isoms from Ala ,but I am unsure if they are related to these Isoms.

Back to this mysterious 'source' and those threats then, either those threats were real, or that 'source' is trying to send police in one specific direction and away from another one.

MSM cited someone close to couple as saying they were "fending off" threats? or lawsuits? or threats of lawsuits? by in laws.

First marriage for both, 89 y/o and 74 y/o?

In-laws?
Unlikely that in laws would parents in law of 89 or 74 y/o.
Possibly leaving bro or sis in law?
Or son or dau in law.

Anyone here searched public records for lawsuits against couple? Anyone know business name to search?

Incredibly sad.

And Los Angeles County Department of Coroner Lt. David Smith said a “security hold” placed on the case by sheriff’s investigators prevented his agency from discussing it.

Coleman said detectives were yet to discover any valuables missing from the home.

It was unclear how the killer got into the home, he said. “There’s no obvious point of entry.”

SNIP

The couple are survived by five children, Coleman said.

http://www.insidesocal.com/sgvcrime/category/la_verne/

The 74-year-old wife died at the couple’s home and the 89-year-old husband died after being transported to a hospital, according to Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Lt. Dave Coleman.

The couple were the victims of blunt force trauma, Coleman said. Sheriff’s officials initially said the assault was a stabbing.

The groundskeeper at the couple’s expansive home found the homeowners after the attack, Coleman said. Both were found near the front door of the home.

http://ktla.com/2014/12/26/1-fatally-stabbed-1-critical-after-attack-at-la-verne-area-home-killer-on-loose/

I am thinking in laws would refer to anyone related to them by marriage, which could mean son in law, brother in law, granddaughter in law etc and so forth. Reportedly had five children so conceivably based on the decedents ages they could have numerous living adult grandchildren and great grandchildren.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54
Back