Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #2 *4 arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can’t believe that there hasn’t been ANYTHING found out about these two. Do you think they are still investigating at all?

I do think they are still investigating. However, it's possible they are waiting on forensics testing, getting hold of cell phone records for a POI, analyzing data,watching a POI, etc. Those things take time. In other cases where it's been quite and it seemed like nothing was being done, it's been brought to light that really a lot was being done that could not be discussed or was a slow process. I think this case is too big for them not to investigate, though they might not be able to afford putting people on the case full time unless something big breaks.

So many people on WS complain that the police aren't doing anything, but having been in LE I can tell you that investigators and others actively work on these cases; they just don't release information often, because if there is a crime involved, that could compromise it.
Please don’t think my question was a complaint... I just don’t know how long a case with seemingly so little information would stay active. I have the utmost respect for LE. As a mom of a son the age of these two missing “kids” who lives across the country from me I have been heartbroken imagining how it would feel for these families to not know what has happened to their loved ones.

I don't know why, but I thought of Audrey and Jonathan when I saw this: Human remains found in desert in northwest Arizona

An out-of-state LE agency gave Mohave County authorities a tip that there may be remains in Dolan Springs, AZ. Could be a case from anywhere but Dolan Springs is only about 4 hours from Coachella, CA: Google Maps

I don't know why, but I thought of Audrey and Jonathan when I saw this: Human remains found in desert in northwest Arizona

An out-of-state LE agency gave Mohave County authorities a tip that there may be remains in Dolan Springs, AZ. Could be a case from anywhere but Dolan Springs is only about 4 hours from Coachella, CA: Google Maps

The Find Audrey Moran FB page just posted a photo of them. I haven't seen anything from that page in ages so I checked and their last post was May 10.

I know it probably has already been posted, but I found this article from January.
A couple disappeared eight months ago and their absence isn't voluntary, investigators say

Aubrey stated she was going to pick up Jonathan and take him to his house, but LE stated she didn't receive or make any phone calls outside the valley per the above article. Why so secretive? Who or where was she going that didn't want her family to know? Risky enough that she and Jonathan might be dead?

ok, here is another thing we can maybe toss around. this was a new relationship. maybe he was still hanging around with other girls and that is why he told Audrey he went to Brawley, so she wouldn't come by his place when he had other company? I am not judging his character at all, just that this was a new relationship and they were somewhat young. it still doesn't explain what happened to them but maybe that's why he was not in brawley?

ok, here is another thing we can maybe toss around. this was a new relationship. maybe he was still hanging around with other girls and that is why he told Audrey he went to Brawley, so she wouldn't come by his place when he had other company? I am not judging his character at all, just that this was a new relationship and they were somewhat young. it still doesn't explain what happened to them but maybe that's why he was not in brawley?

I really think the Brawley (if it even was Brawley) thing is a red herring. I'm more interested in who he went to Brawley with and why. Why couldn't that person drop him off at his place? Maybe she was lured out.

I really think the Brawley (if it even was Brawley) thing is a red herring. I'm more interested in who he went to Brawley with and why. Why couldn't that person drop him off at his place? Maybe she was lured out.

I hope they are still alive but I've been thinking that JPR may have been dead already, someone else ordered the pizza, the Brawley story is a hoax, JPR and AM were never in Beaumont, JPR's friends aren't talking for good reason, JPR's request for a ride was just so his killers could retrieve AM's phone because it had incriminating information on it. A car doesn't just sit for two days on the highway without notice, any scents the dogs picked up in Beaumont were from the open window and crime scene contamination from prior LE.

A car doesn't just sit for two days on the highway without notice, any scents the dogs picked up in Beaumont were from the open window and crime scene contamination from prior LE.

I'm confused, are you saying that LE contaminated the vehicle with their scent? How would that be possible? Their scent was traced outside the vehicle for several yards.

I'm confused, are you saying that LE contaminated the vehicle with their scent? How would that be possible? Their scent was traced outside the vehicle for several yards.

There are two types of search and rescue dogs. Those that "search", i.e. find the greatest source of scent typically by air currents and those that "track", i.e. follow a trail typically of dead skin cells and hair. Dogs that track must be called in immediately to an undisturbed crime scene.

The open window would distribute hair and skin cells (of AM) in the vicinity. More would be spread as LE butterfly the doors and search the interior for clues.

We know these are tracking dogs and not search dogs because a search dog would return to the car (source of greatest scent) where as the tracking dog would lead away. And tracking dogs need an undisturbed crime scene and time is an important factor.

How Search-and-rescue Dogs Work

And don't get me wrong, I love dogs and yes they have an amazing sense of smell but there are people that believe that not all SAR dogs are of the same caliber. And some even believe it is junk science.

I was involved in the search for Dave Mustaine's (of Megadeth) mom when she went missing from a campsite she had been staying at. There were hundreds of people and dogs involved in the search. Her body was found less than a half mile from the campsite 2 months later. Although I think this was largely attributed to several false sightings of her in areas far from the campsite which corrupted the search.

If they focused on her last known whereabouts, she would have been found. It was a half mile away. A 7 minute walk...

There are two types of search and rescue dogs. Those that "search", i.e. find the greatest source of scent typically by air currents and those that "track", i.e. follow a trail typically of dead skin cells and hair. Dogs that track must be called in immediately to an undisturbed crime scene.

The open window would distribute hair and skin cells (of AM) in the vicinity. More would be spread as LE butterfly the doors and search the interior for clues.

We know these are tracking dogs and not search dogs because a search dog would return to the car (source of greatest scent) where as the tracking dog would lead away. And tracking dogs need an undisturbed crime scene and time is an important factor.

I think I understand. We don't know how long the vehicle was there and how the first officer processed the vehicle when it was located, like opening a door might compromise it. Then there are factors such as wind and cars whizzing by could distribute hair and skin particles. So, I guess it is possible AM and JR may have never been at that location at any point.

I love dogs and I think they are amazing. I've witnessed them do AMAZING things and of course there are many documented cases of dogs locating people or discovering enormous stashes of narcotics. However, I've also seen dogs completely fail at their job.

Last year, marijuana became legal in the state of California. As such, it was easier for students to obtain it and bring it to school. We had drug canines frequent our campus. This requires a surprise visit and all staff and students evacuating the classroom while leaving jackets and backpacks behind. On multiple occasions, the dog (a different one nearly each time) singled out students who had peanut butter sandwiches in their backpacks but no drugs. One of those days, a backpack was left unclaimed in the room. A student opened it up to see who it belonged to (by looking to see if they could locate something with a name on it) and found the entire backpack was full of weed. The canine did not hit on it.

While dogs can do wonderful things and be great detective tools, I believe we should not blindly believe what they are appear to be indicating. Clearly in the instance of the drugs the dog missed his mark by quite a margin.

Just something to think about...

I am not convinced either Audrey or Jonathan made it to Beaumont that night. I'm skeptical it was their scent that was tracked. I've also wondered if Audrey's scent could have been attached to the person who drove her car. That person then walked up the embankment where the dog indicated and LE assumed it was her scent.

What connects these two people? My guess? Probably drugs. I think JPR and AM overdosed on a bad batch of pills or powder that was laced with fentanyl. It was one of the friends who supplied it, either the roommate or the guys that emptied JPR's apartment after he went missing. Accidental overdose and then a cover up. By a friend or dealer-friend. The opioid crisis is pervasive, it doesn't care if you're rich or poor - I think this is the most likely explanation for two seemingly perfect people with no enemies to just going missing...

What connects these two people? My guess? Probably drugs. I think JPR and AM overdosed on a bad batch of pills or powder that was laced with fentanyl. It was one of the friends who supplied it, either the roommate or the guys that emptied JPR's apartment after he went missing. Accidental overdose and then a cover up. By a friend or dealer-friend. The opioid crisis is pervasive, it doesn't care if you're rich or poor - I think this is the most likely explanation for two seemingly perfect people with no enemies to just going missing...

Ummmm they were dating. That's the connection. Also there is absolutely zero evidence either was a hard drug user. I seriously doubt that is the case.

Now that I see this, I believe I see the issue. I can think of two cases where dogs were used from an abandoned car and the trail stopped leading everyone to believe they were picked up. Dr. Taleka Patrick's case had the dogs going only a short distance and stop. Speculation was that someone gave her a ride. In the spring she was found in a pond on the other side of the interstate. Drowned. Maura Murray was tracked a 100 yards from her car and it still leads some to believe she was picked up. But a witness came forward later stating they saw someone that resembled Maura 4-5 miles up the road that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member