Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #2 *4 arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Spain everyone uses both last names. All legal documents contain both. The father’s last name is first and the mother’s last name is second. So if my dad’s last name is Fernandez and my mother’s is Diaz, I would be Maria Isabel Fernandez Diaz. Some Latin countries use this naming custom and others don’t.

Edited to add that women don’t ever take their husband’s last names. They retain the maiden name when they marry.
Yes from what I know about Hispanic heritage the darling wouldn't be used singularly..so seems odd..is this a legally known aka like on a criminal record? Imo that's only time aka are released jmo

Yes from what I know about Hispanic heritage the darling wouldn't be used singularly..so seems odd..is this a legally known aka like on a criminal record? Imo that's only time aka are released jmo
It does unless he only had mom’s last name growing up and then added dad’s as an adult.

I have a friend whose parents were not ever married and she didn’t put the dad’s name on the birth certificate. Once her child turned 18, he had his name legally changed to add father’s name.

It does unless he only had mom’s last name growing up and then added dad’s as an adult.

I have a friend whose parents were not ever married and she didn’t put the dad’s name on the birth certificate. Once her child turned 18, he had his name legally changed to add father’s name.

In the first thread, a commenter who knows Jonathan from high school said he/she always knew his last name as darling. Jonathan’s brother also goes by the last name darling.

Can you mention meanings behind missing persons tattoos or any police records

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180607-192548.png
    Screenshot_20180607-192548.png
    226.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20180607-193726.png
    Screenshot_20180607-193726.png
    286.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20180607-192906.png
    Screenshot_20180607-192906.png
    221.7 KB · Views: 46
Screenshot_20180607-192617.png Can you mention meanings behind missing persons tattoos or any police records..both area code and skull are known gang tats..area code tells where your duties are 760 hum jreynoso ink

Last edited:
Where do find the specifics of the search warrant?

I-Team Investigation - Missing: One Year Later

“The warrants reveal that one day after the car was reported stolen, it was burned in a field in Thermal in an apparent arson fire.

The warrants call for a number of potential evidence items to be seized if they're found, including:
firearms, shell casings, DNA, blood, and fingerprints.”

I-Team Investigation - Missing: One Year Later

“The warrants reveal that one day after the car was reported stolen, it was burned in a field in Thermal in an apparent arson fire.

The warrants call for a number of potential evidence items to be seized if they're found, including:
firearms, shell casings, DNA, blood, and fingerprints.”

Did results come back or are they still pending investigation?

Last edited:
Jonathan was not a Spaniard. And he was a latino heritage was different from someone from Spain. You cannot compare Latinos to Spaniards. Different cultures. Latinos do take the last name of our spouse and use both last names, it's not necessary but it is common. No big deal about it in this case. The police are aware and easily ran both names for criminal background and obviously nothing came about.

As far as I know, there have been no further updates. Locally we’re hearing nothing anymore except these I-Team Investigation reports. :(

Yes, when I do an internet search that is all I find for the most part. I was hoping the locals knew something else from the news out there. Seems to be the same. They need to solve this one, but I'm not sure they have a decent timeline and that is making things difficult. I'm surprised someone didn't see something on I-10, but then again I don't remember most of the situations with cars stopped and occupants out of the vehicles. It would look like car trouble and a friend or family drove there to help. Seeing a situation like that I don't know if I would have a description.

In the first thread, a commenter who knows Jonathan from high school said he/she always knew his last name as darling. Jonathan’s brother also goes by the last name darling.
That was the reasoning was asking why.

I wasn't trying to ask why he used both names. I was wondering why he used one last name sometimes and the other last name at other times.

I'm surprised someone didn't see something on I-10, but then again I don't remember most of the situations with cars stopped and occupants out of the vehicles. It would look like car trouble and a friend or family drove there to help. Seeing a situation like that I don't know if I would have a description.

I drive the 10 frequently and there are constantly cars stopped on the side of the road, I know I personally wouldn’t have given it a second look.

Very very frustrating and disheartening case, my only hope is something eventually comes from what they gathered with the search warrants because that seems to be the only thing close to a lead that they have.

I wasn't trying to ask why he used both names. I was wondering why he used one last name sometimes and the other last name at other times.

Maybe darling is his legal last name and he prefers to go by Reynoso? Or vice versa. Idk, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. JMO

If you look at our list of missing persons cases, I see many of Latino/Hispanic descent and those last names are hyphenated in the title threads. I think it's quiet common. Bing half Hispanic, my family didn't do it, and I don't know the r adorn why some do, but I know they do. I don't think it's for nefarious reasons per see, but to honor the last name and to carry them on in the future? Maybe. That's just a guess on my part. Nothing official. IMO

It does seem odd to me, as well, that he would use his last names interchangeably. Probably nothing, but I find it strange.

Regarding going by two different last names, it is very common out here (Southern California). As I mentioned in a previous post, I used to teach in Palm Springs (the general area Audrey and Jonathan went missing). I had two students who were sisters, one year apart. Their (not actual) names were Maria Garcia-Hernandez and Rosa Hernandez-Garcia. For whatever reason, their mother switched the order of the last names on the birth certificate. Sometimes the girls went by Hernandez and sometimes they went by Garcia. It only became an issue when their actual legal name was required. Oddly enough, I've had more than one set of siblings this situation has applied to. One set of siblings was not even Hispanic. It's just "a thing".

I have students who refuse to go by one of their last names because they do not like that side of the family. One student's name was Julita Romero-Fernandez. Fernandez, being the second name, it is what appeared on my roster. I would call roll, "Julita Fernandez," and she would ask me to not use that last name. I apologized, saying it's what was showing up and made an effort to call her by her preferred name, Julita Romero. I later found out she hated Fernandez because she'd been molested by someone in that family and other family members were also abusive. She did not want to be associated with them. (This has actually been the case with several of my students.) Another student hated one of her last names because it was her dad's last name and he abandoned the family.

I've had other students who just like to change their name from time-to-time, so they change which last name they use. And some students have one of the parents' last name as a middle name rather than part of a hyphenated last name and they want to use their middle name as their last name. None of this has even been an issue unless a legal document is involved. It's very common out here, in my experience.

Why Jonathan chose to do it, I cannot say, but for me it didn't seem odd. However, I can understand exactly why it jumped out to some of you.

As a side note, I had a student request that I call her Princess Moonshine of Aurora. I politely declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove