CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

fictionisbetter

Reaction score
Barbara Thomas was hiking with her husband in the Mojave Desert and they became separated. She has not been seen since.

Search underway for lost hiker in Mojave Desert

"Thomas does not have supplies or a cell phone, and she was last seen wearing a black bikini, red baseball cap and tan hiking boots with black socks."

"She is a resident of Bullhead City, and she is 5 feet and 9 inches tall, weighing about 130 pounds, with blonde hair and green eyes."

Barbara Thomas was hiking with her husband in the Mojave Desert and they became separated. She has not been seen since.

Search underway for lost hiker in Mojave Desert

"Thomas does not have supplies or a cell phone, and she was last seen wearing a black bikini, red baseball cap and tan hiking boots with black socks."

"She is a resident of Bullhead City, and she is 5 feet and 9 inches tall, weighing about 130 pounds, with blonde hair and green eyes."
Question #1: How did she and her husband become separated?

From the article:

5d296fa88fc48.image.jpg

• SBCS is searching for a lost hiker in the Mojave Desert, 20 miles north of Interstate 40 and east of Kelbaker Road. Google Maps
  • BT was hiking with her husband in that area on Friday around 2:30 p.m.
  • Assisting in the search are fire personnel, park rangers, sheriff’s aviation and SAR team members.
  • Anyone with information is urged to contact the Colorado River Station of the SBSD by calling (760) 326-9200 or sheriff’s dispatch at (760) 956-5001.

The heat will be the biggest problem. But if she's out there I would certainly think the helicopter would spot her. It's very desert. Is there a map of where she was last seen?
Also, why wouldn't she be carrying supplies such as water? Was her husband carrying everything?

The heat will be the biggest problem. But if she's out there I would certainly think the helicopter would spot her. It's very desert. Is there a map of where she was last seen?
Also, why wouldn't she be carrying supplies such as water? Was her husband carrying everything?

PommyMommy's map (from post #3 above):

Google Maps

I wonder what brought them out to where they were to hike. There's so many places closer to where they live. I'm perplexed.
I was just looking at that. It's almost two hours by vehicle so I think it's safe to assume that if they did have an argument, she didn't plan to walk home to Bullhead City. MOO

Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member