CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, anything is possible.

Do we have any confirmation at all, that LE has been to Barbara's house? I know one person posted saying there was activity there with LE, but I didn't see any links provided.

It's frustrating that no one saw her that day at all, that we're aware of. No video of them at a gas station, convenient store, grocery store?

A gallon of water with him for a hike, then it’s been called a walk?

When he got back to the RV, he expected to see Barbara sitting outside the camper, what??? If she went ahead, my thought is she would be inside in A/C.

Oops, do RV’s have a way to run A/C with no electricity? Can you tell I am 100% city girl, know zilch about camping, roughing it or RV’ing it. :D

With each passing day, and the little tidbits hubby says, my
doubts increase as to what really happened. Betcha those dogs did not pick up a scent. JMO.

My gut feeling, watching that video is that she has fallen somewhere in those rocks and likely died of heatstroke or exposure.

I hope that isn't so
Not to be morbid, but if she had died, would there be vultures/buzzards in that area? Or is that a cartoon thing only? Praying for a positive outcome for Barbara - she looks like a fun lady.

When he got back to the RV, he expected to see Barbara sitting outside the camper, what??? If she went ahead, my thought is she would be inside in A/C.

Oops, do RV’s have a way to run A/C with no electricity? Can you tell I am 100% city girl, know zilch about camping, roughing it or RV’ing it. :D

doubts increase as to what really happened. Betcha those dogs did not pick up a scent. JMO.
Yes, you can run your AC in your RV off of propane. Way back when before campground didn't have electric and water hook ups, we used propane for the AC, heat, and lights (I should say my parents did, haha).

BBM. Maybe he was expecting her to be sitting in a chair in the shade of the RV enjoying her drink? They seem to enjoy the outdoors so I didn't think anything of it when he said he expected to see her sitting outside when he got back

BBM. Maybe he was expecting her to be sitting in a chair in the shade of the RV enjoying her drink? They seem to enjoy the outdoors so I didn't think anything of it when he said he expected to see her sitting outside when he got back
But why did he state that his FIRST sign of trouble was finding the key under the rock if, indeed, he expected to find her already back at the RV?

their rig I would call hi-end.. probably carries an instant on generator to run AC and such.
And I wouldn't be bouncing that rig down a dirt road..just pulling over beside the highway seems logical to me.

Airstreams are actually very light and agile. Compared to other tow behinds it has much more ability to withstand rougher terrain. It’s what Lucy and desi drove up the mountain when she smuggled rocks if anyone remembers that? They’ve been marketed as off the beaten path rough terrain capable since the 1930’s bc of their being Aluminum and being built on a bus chasse.

Airstreams are actually very light and agile. Compared to other tow behinds it has much more ability to withstand rougher terrain. It’s what Lucy and desi drove up the mountain when she smuggled rocks if anyone remembers that? They’ve been marketed as off the beaten path rough terrain capable since the 1930’s bc of their being Aluminum and being built on a bus chasse.
Did I see the wrong trailer in his interviews? I didn't think that he was pulling an airstream (but I’ve not seen new models).

I thought it started with a C. *goes back to look at camper*

Did I see the wrong trailer in his interviews? I didn't think that he was pulling an airstream (but I’ve not seen new models).

I thought it started with a C. *goes back to look at camper*

Maybe I was mistaken but it looked like a recent model airstream globetrotter or something Of the like being pulled by a black duly truck. I’m sorry i can’t recall where i got they image or understanding.

Maybe I was mistaken but it looked like a recent model airstream globetrotter or something Of the like being pulled by a black duly truck. I’m sorry i can’t recall where i got they image or understanding.
Oh no problem at all!

It cd well be that I’m mistaken, of course.

I swore I saw him standing by a white dually with a tan trailer.

A-HA! I grabbed a still from the video. Easy to confuse all of these cases and pics. Here you go!

Attachments

• 220F3663-EF1F-4FE8-9877-9F6CEF0AAC3B.png
    220F3663-EF1F-4FE8-9877-9F6CEF0AAC3B.png
    588.5 KB · Views: 118
@dbdb11
Wondering....do you know if Barbara liked to climb?
Asking because those hills of boulders I saw on the search video I linked upthread.
Personally, having often hiked in the desert, such as at Joshua Tree, or Alabama Hills (CA), I'm always attracted by those boulders which I invariably would approach to climb and explore.

May today be the day Barb comes home.
Another speculation I've tried out, similar to the others shared here, is that Barbara did experience a medical event and possibly turned around to go back to her husband for help. Being disoriented, she ended up backtracking in a different direction and was unable to speak or yell out, but could still walk for a ways.
This scenario is really too improbable for me, especially because she couldn't have gotten far in the heat. Still, maybe she did end up going up into the area with boulders and she's hidden between them, as some have suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d2xresearcher