CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I do not think she looks younger in the cap picture; the rocks look like Mohave NP; husband has said in one interview that he took a picture of her on her phone, which was in his pack. He was carrying their stuff.

So she was out there without her phone. What I don't know is how visible the trail was, that they were on - or if there was a trail. It's really easy to get lost in the Mojave. True reminder not to walk alone in unfamiliar and hazardous territory.

Tricia has haven’t set up a media thread yet but have collected the MSM in one post so I will post it again in a bit so we can have that at the start of the thread please ?

Anyone who is a member can set up a Media thread. It's ok and it sounds like Tricia is pretty busy. There are directions on how to do it.

Tricia has haven’t set up a media thread yet but have collected the MSM in one post so I will post it again in a bit so we can have that at the start of the thread please ?

You can start a media thread yourself with your MSM post. It doesn’t have to be done by Tricia, or maybe I’m misunderstanding you. Well done BTW. :)

IIRC, that's not allowed, for fairly obvious reasons. Family members are under a lot of stress in these kinds of situations.
I thought so but wasn’t sure... and I deleted my post because I thought it was essentially against TOS to talk about it. Because it meant I was also breaking TOS. Sigh.

LE continues to search in the desert. I'm guessing that's because they think Barbara was really there, wherever she may be now and whatever they think happened. One likely reason they may think that is because there may be photos of her there on the day Robert says she disappeared, whether on his camera or phone (or on hers if she didn't have it with her). Data associated with the photos could confirm time and place.

ETA: I used the wrong name

Last edited:
I’m glad to see that they are searching rock formations and caves. Does anyone remember if the search for Paul Miller at Joshua Tree was this extensive and lengthy? Sadly, he has never been found.
Maybe lasted a week, from Park Rangers at least with the qualifier that if something turns up, we will investigate. One reason alway mentioned by his sister when she returns to hunt for clues (twice) is that since it happened in NP and no sign of foul play, sheriff's dept has not gotten involved. She also said they have permission to use drones in the fall for her next search.

Beer 'Travel Container' & Where Dropped
Jumping off your post to add my ramblings -
Since the first thought by husband is that she was abducted, it would seem the beer container would have been found near the highway. Your instinct would be to fight and not hold on to your beer if you’re being taken against your will.

Yes, probably so. @BayouBelle_LA. Thanks for input which prompted me to think further.

If she carried beer in a single-use container - like Solo cup - she may have simply thrown it away/littered at any point on the walk. If too warm, toss the beer too. Seems less likely to toss a reusable container, any of the other ^ kinds of container.

But if Mr T's stmts are truthful, then likely she dropped container during walk, at last ~ 1/4 or 1/2 mile before RV, when he could not see her. Or possibly if she crossed highway, cont'ed rock-searching,was accosted, then she dropped it at some point beyond RV,

Puzzling. jmo.

LE continues to search in the desert. I'm guessing that's because they think Sheryl was really there, wherever she may be now and whatever they think happened. One likely reason they may think that is because there may be photos of her there on the day Robert says she disappeared, whether on his camera or phone (or on hers if she didn't have it with her). Data associated with the photos could confirm time and place.
Sheryl 4 days and elevation 8600 feet I remember reading. Barbara 8 days and 2000 feet elevation. Difference in time and elevation relates to survivability. But, gratitude to the searchers for persistence.

ETA 2000 not 200. Still much lower

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members