CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Responding both to your post and previous posts about "irresponsibility." I know a lot of people who have retired out to Bullhead/Havasu/Laughlin. They are so used to the heat that they can power through a day of hard work in a 100F climate (like the one I live in) with no issues. They are out in the sun with a beer in their hand in 117F weather - for half the year. Heat tolerance is a thing. It's very dry, though, so having a beer in one's hand (or water, obviously) is pretty typical. I have a cousin and a good friend (one in her 40's and one in her 60's) who can be out there all day on beer and margaritas. It's the lifestyle of the desert.

A woman went missing out there in about 2003 and there was a 3 or 4 day search. Details were never given, AFAIK, but she was found alive in Kingman (much cooler there). Apparently separated from her partner and took a ride/was offered a lift.

Both my daughter and I have suffered heat stroke out that way and one of the side effects is euphoria, so there's that, too. I try to warn people about Death Valley (people think getting really hot and then drinking water is enough). No fluid can counteract the heat. And the euphoria is real. I was not in my right mind when I finally got out of the heat, at all.

Very interesting. Your knowledge is so fascinating to me in this thread. I have never heard of this euphoria....is it while out in the heat or just when getting back to cooler temps? Or both?

Hey Everyone,

dbdb11 is now a verified family member of Barbara's.

You may ask questions of dbdb11 but you may not argue or in any way harrass a verified member. If you choose not to believe this person then scroll by.

dbdb11 thank you very much for your willingness to become verified. You will help us better understand Barbara's case and that means we can discuss her case in a more fact based manner.

Take Care,
Tricia

Hey Everyone,

dbdb11 is now a verified family member of Barbara's.

You may ask questions of dbdb11 but you may not argue or in any way harrass a verified member. If you choose not to believe this person then scroll by.

dbdb11 thank you very much for your willingness to become verified. You will help us better understand Barbara's case and that means we can discuss her case in a more fact based manner.

Take Care,
Tricia
@Tricia @dbdb11 Thank you!

We have similar trailer and same ford dually. We keep our trailer keys locked in our truck and use the keypad to open the truck and get the keys.
I can see why husband feels she was abducted. Sounds like they were not to far from the road, there could have been someone at the trailer when she got there trying to break into it. JMO

We have similar trailer and same ford dually. We keep our trailer keys locked in our truck and use the keypad to open the truck and get the keys.
I can see why husband feels she was abducted. Sounds like they were not to far from the road, there could have been someone at the trailer when she got there trying to break into it. JMO
Interesting theory. That could make sense. My friends are snowbirds, and travel around in their RV, to a lot of campgrounds in Az and Ca. They say they have been broken into a few times over the years.

It is a possible scenario. If the thieves were on probation, they would have a strong motivation to take her with them, as opposed to leaving a witness behind.

I was just thinking that I really want to believe the spouse is innocent but I get the impression he is not being truthful about something. I dont mean to be cynical but if your spouse disappeared like that- why would you say she was "taken,"? And even offer a destination? I would be so pissed off and mad-- would say- abducted, kidnapped or endangered etc. He didnt pass the polygraph and a couple of non- verbals may give LEO a reason to suspect him... He seems like a nice guy but something seems off to me. I M HO. I hope i am wrong but feel fearful for Barb.

FWIW, I do not think she looks younger in the cap picture; the rocks look like Mohave NP; husband has said in one interview that he took a picture of her on her phone, which was in his pack. He was carrying their stuff.

So she was out there without her phone. What I don't know is how visible the trail was, that they were on - or if there was a trail. It's really easy to get lost in the Mojave. True reminder not to walk alone in unfamiliar and hazardous territory.
I must have missed that video. Do you happen to have a link? Or remember the media source so I can look it up. Thanx

This has been discussed upthread. Yes, the alcohol might've contributed to some medical event. But while I wouldn't drink beer on even a short hike, of all forms of alcohol it's the least dehydrating. Her husband claims he was also carrying a gallon of water.
That's always made me say WHAT. Who carries a gallon of water for a short hike? Sounds a bit too much!

I was just thinking that I really want to believe the spouse is innocent but I get the impression he is not being truthful about something. I dont mean to be cynical but if your spouse disappeared like that- why would you say she was "taken,"? And even offer a destination? I would be so pissed off and mad-- would say- abducted, kidnapped or endangered etc. He didnt pass the polygraph and a couple of non- verbals may give LEO a reason to suspect him... He seems like a nice guy but something seems off to me. I M HO. I hope i am wrong but feel fearful for Barb.

Actually LE never said he didn't pass the polygraph. RT claimed to Inside Edition first that LE told him he was deceptive on his polygraph, which has never been verified by LE.

A question for dbdb11. Thanks to Trisha and especially to you for coming on WS to talk to us.

Mr Thomas suspects his wife was taken. Have you or have any friends or family been given information that either of the Thomas’s might have seen any other people in the vicinity? Did Mr Thomas ever suspect they might have been followed or watched? For example a vehicle slowing to look at them or making an excuse to do a U-turn to ask directions?

Thanks for taking time to give us a better idea of the frightening circumstances and desperate search for Barbara. I am praying for Barbara to be found safe.

IMO/JMO/MOO

If things are as RT has stated, I’m wondering why there aren’t more solo photos of BT being circulated.

The gorgeous wife he loves: tall, attractive, athletic, currently or formerly blonde, is rocking a black bikini, red baseball cap, hiking boots with black socks, toting a beer, and the man with the camera stays behind to take some photos of . . .

rock formations???

<removed a paragraph dbm self referential irrelevant>

Typically the photographer in the family doesn’t get in front of the lens as much as s/he is behind it. (Pre-selfie days at least).

And RT sounds old school: actual camera. He must have a phone, right, because he calls 911. But he’s got an actual camera and a phone but she has neither.

But most of the photos that I’ve seen so far of BT have RT in the photos.

I acknowledge that some folks are camera shy due to modesty or self consciousness about their appearance.

This lady seems confident enough to be hiking in a bikini, steaming ahead of her spouse, and heading back towards a road (iirc from RT statement assumptions). RT didn’t say he was taking photos of rocks because BT wouldn’t let him take one of her or didn’t want to be in any photos.

I’m concerned by TV interview of RT that includes sniffles, head swinging, “emotional” pauses “as if” becoming choked up . . .

but I don’t see any tears.

Apologies if this ground is already well trodden upthread and I’ve not kept up with the updates.

I want for BT and for her family, friends, and all the good people and dogs on this search, for this woman with the bright smile to be soon found safe, alive, and unharmed. No offense here intended to anyone. Just want and hope for BT to be found safely as soon as possible — the conditions in the search area are hazardous and extreme. I hope against the odds that BT has found shelter somewhere and is well and soon accounted for by law enforcement, searchers, and or the family or community.

Hoping for good outcomes

IMO/JMO/MOO

Last edited:
Google Maps

I think these may be the rock formations RT was referring to.
If so I can see how she could just go around a corner and he could lose sight and hearing of her situation..

Edit: These Rock formation images are walking distance off Kelbaker rd. ..."Sweeney Granite mountains area"
If she were to climb and fall between these style rocks, it would be vary hard to find her. You would have to be standing right over the top of her.. jmho
Thank you so much. I have been looking every where to get an idea of what the hiking trail was like. I guess one could get lost but it is a wide road and I'm just not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3