CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

fictionisbetter

Reaction score
Barbara Thomas was hiking with her husband in the Mojave Desert and they became separated. She has not been seen since.

Search underway for lost hiker in Mojave Desert

"Thomas does not have supplies or a cell phone, and she was last seen wearing a black bikini, red baseball cap and tan hiking boots with black socks."

"She is a resident of Bullhead City, and she is 5 feet and 9 inches tall, weighing about 130 pounds, with blonde hair and green eyes."

Media, Maps, Timeline *NO DISCUSSION* thread

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5 -
CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5
Thread #6 - CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6
Thread #7 - CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #7
Thread #8 - CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #8
Thread #9 - CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #9
Thread #10 - CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #10

Last edited by a moderator:
Barbara Thomas's husband Robert said that she went missing on the way back to their truck/RV pulled off to the side of the road on a daytime walk in the Mojave Desert in CA on July 12th, 2019.

No witnesses have corroborated that they saw Barbara and Robert that day in that location, unless LE's investigation has uncovered such and not divulged it to the public.

LE responded to Robert's 911 call, and conducted a SAR for over a week and did not find her. Her missing person case was then turned over to and is now being investigated by the SBSCO Special Investigations unit, and they have provided no updates on the results of their investigation to her family or the public.

Whatever happened to her that fateful day when she vanished between their home and the walk location, it had to have been a bad situation for her to not be known to be alive today. I'm so sorry for whatever she went through.

It's got to be pure agony for her loved ones for her to have disappeared under these circumstances, and for there to be no information from LE regarding what happened to her.

Always thinking of Barbara and her loved ones, and hoping for LE to find clues to her disappearance soon.

MOO

Wonder if there was a shovel in the RV?
Hmmm...
Although this could be used for covering up a campfire or a plethora of other mundane activities.
Wouldn't LE have inspected the RV that day ?
If he hung out in their patrol vehicles talking for 5 hours.
LE certainly don't have to divulge anything to US.

I keep thinking about other possibilities, my mind runs around in circles and always seems to come back to the abundant unknowns of that time from their departure from home in AZ to the 911 call.
She was seen at the dog kennel ,and beyond that there's nothing.
I wish the gas station employee had seen her so we'd have that sighting at least.

Reading through these posts makes me think we need to ask the Vidocq Society to look at this case.
But they only look at unsolved criminal cases, not missing persons.

law enforcement is not opposed to additional sar efforts but they would have to be conducted independently. they will not manage or conduct additional searches without additional evidence.
@dbdb11. Thank you for your response.
Have you been able to locate any group(s) w training, gear, etc. and availability to conduct searches in the Kellbaker/HH area?
IIRC, someone posted that SBCSD said they would provide some records to you/new group of where they had already covered, so others/another group could use/start w that info. Yes/No?

((( Thinking of you and your family often. )))

Don’t be silly. Bigfoot lives in the PNW, not the desert.
Some believe the Gigantopithecus is still in the pacific NW.. now known 'bigfoot'.Supposedly it was an herbivore that lived in Asia at one time. A few may have been able to survive, they say, and come across to North America, when there was still a land mass at Bering Strait.
I have heard stories of them in the southeast (called the skunk ape or Myakka in Florida); and Ontario (Sasquatch), but I've never heard of any desert sightings.
I try to keep a very open mind about it. Mr Thomas could be a victim as well, suffering some kind of trauma or memory loss. Stranger things have happened.

It's a distance but there's an airport in the area. The Mojave Air & Space Port.

ETA: It's not as far as I first thought. I've driven this route many times but I haven't paid that much attention. The traffic is almost always light and wouldn't take much more than an hour or so if driving 70mph which is the norm for the area.

Reading through these posts makes me think we need to ask the Vidocq Society to look at this case.
But they only look at unsolved criminal cases, not missing persons.

SBM

The Vidocq Society only looks at cases that are greater than 2 years old, must be presented to them by LE, and the victim cannot be involved in criminal activity.

These are their internal guidelines.

Vidocq Society - Wikipedia

Last edited:
BBM:

Well, one suggestion would be that if RT is into euchre, or poker, or Bingo or stuff along those lines, he and his friends/family could organize a community fundraising event, i.e., a euchre or poker tourney, Bingo night, etc., to help raise money for a reward, a private investigator, S&R efforts or anything else related to finding Barb.

Just holding that type of an event would probably generate some much-needed publicity.

JMO.

If BT is missing due to misadventure, missing posters, rewards, will not help. Donating to qualified SAR groups would.

Please, it is not too hot to go back to search for her. She did not go missing from Death Valley or any other low desert location. She went missing from a 4,000 foot elevation area.

This region is super scenic portion of Kelbaker Road, which cuts thru the western edge of Mojave National Preserve. The Kelbaker pavement reaches to an elevation of 4024′ at Granite Pass, about 6 miles north of the exit @ interstate 40. Boulder outcroppings, bare mountain peaks, secluded cove camp sites w/ dirt roads, and old mines all over. Joshua tree forest and pinyon pine forest encircle the Mid Hills region.

Kelbaker Road | Total Escape Outside

There have been monsoons. The safety of the SAR teams is the greatest concern. None of them should put their own safety at risk when other options/times would suffice.

We have absolutely zero proof he has help lined up. We have seen absolutely zero pressers out of him since the "because". We have heard our VI recount how many updates from RT since when?

While the heat may prevent day long searches, I'm not convinced it prevents short bursts of searching. It certainly didn't prevent that fateful walk.

JMO.

There has been ZERO proof he has not been organizing searches.

A friggin men!!!!!! Get a spokesman, have your attorney provide a release, do something!!!

I don't believe that there is anything RT could say that would satisfy anyone at this point.

BT family members have flat out accused him of at least abduction, and probably murder.

The VI has even stated that there are legal avenues they are pursuing. I would not be saying anything publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen