CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rescued a chi-weinie dog 7 yrs ago and she got her nose stuck in everything.If there was a body laying anywhere around here she would rat your behind out fast.Everytime I go to the store or anywhere she got her nose all up in my purse, and goes downstairs to see what I have in the bags.Nosy litthe devil she is.Maybe they should train smaller dogs to get into smaller places.Of course they might have to ride them to the area to be searched on a razer or sisde beside or something,cuz they are a loyal but stubborn lot.

Is this case cold?
Depends on your definition or interpretation of "cold", I guess. We've not had any updates from LE, but they have been tight-lipped from day 1. LE would not release the 911 tapes to our VI because it's an "active investigation", if that means anything.

As I mentioned before, I personally don't consider any case "cold" in under one year. The wheels of justice don't always move as quickly as we'd like. IMHO.

If BT is missing due to misadventure, missing posters, rewards, will not help. Donating to qualified SAR groups would.
Well, if one assumes RT doesn't know why BT went missing, it would make the most sense for him to cover every possible scenario in terms of the resources he utilizes in his private recovery efforts.

Assuming, of course, that he wants to actively promote efforts to locate the lost love of his life.

JMO.

Last edited:
There has been ZERO proof he has not been organizing searches.

Part of organizing a search, is actually getting the word out.

Opening your front door and yelling “search,” doesn’t tend to be effective.

Like Michael Scott from “The Office,” when he believed that yelling “I declare bankruptcy,” actually did something.

Do you have any evidence at all, no matter how insignificant, that RT has organized searches?

SBM

The Vidocq Society only looks at cases that are greater than 2 years old, must be presented to them by LE, and the victim cannot be involved in criminal activity.

These are their internal guidelines.

Vidocq Society - Wikipedia
BBM

Lol, pretty sure Barbara has not been involved in any criminal activity whatsoever. If nothing else transpires within two years from the date she vanished, they may be able to look at her case.
Hopefully that will not be the case !

Looks like a nice home, though not massive. 2,000 sq ft, last sold for $354,000 (Edit to correct: $312,000) in 2008, per Zillow.
Are we allowed to discuss income, personal capital, etc on Websleuths?
Home mortgaged?
I'm wondering if Robert is/was still employed at the time of Barbara's disappearance.
Good questions !
Apparently RT had some capital as he owns several recreational accessories.

Respectfully snipped by me to save space-

I think it is entirely possible both physically and technologically that RT was able to commit a crime.

Right now however there is no evidence in his actions, or lack or actions, that he did.

More evidence? I'll change my mind.

The problem here is that there is almost no evidence at all. She was there, now she's not.
BBM

I have my own theories which I'll stay silent on unless there's any evidence or a statement from LE.
But I don't think it was Sasquatch or his 'ilk'.

Not for this LE agency.

Accusations from the family guarantee it will stay that way.
I was talking about “the silence and apathy” from RT.

I’ve seen silence from law enforcement a lot, as that’s the status quo where I live. It’s good for the investigation, but complicates reaching a determination as to where they are with a case.

I see no signs of apathy from them here. Just secrecy.

The point is the behavior; not the odds of that behavior being successful.

Actions, or the lack of them, can speak louder than words.

So far I have only heard the about the "behaviors" and "action" and/or "non-action" from one perspective.

I would prefer to hear from an unbiased source like LE but I suspect that will not happen until such time as they are able to make determinations one way or the other.

we are not pursuing legal avenues. i only mentioned it is promising there are legal avenues we can still pursue in the event LE come up blank.

unfortunately, robert has not been honest with us. i dont expect anything from him, though i would appreciate if he told us:

where is barbara?
BBM

Thinking about you and yours, @dbdb11 . :(
I am very sorry if you are eventually compelled to pursue legal avenues.

Like Michael Scott from “The Office,” when he believed that yelling “I declare bankruptcy,” actually did something.

Do you have any evidence at all, no matter how insignificant, that RT has organized searches?

The general public so far from what we have been able to assume from the limited information from LE is that the general public would not be of assistance in this particular case.

I suspect the last thing LE or SAR teams want are individuals that could impede an investigation and/or become a separate investigation if they themselves go missing.

This is not the "Office" nor any other program/movie. Nor is it any other case. This is the BT case.

Until I hear information from LE that points me in another direction other than what has to date been stated, most remains speculative/rumor'ish.

IIRC according to our VI it was at least 10 times that.

CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #10
"a chunk of potential motive, i don't recall if it made it to the pub thread or not, but i know from my dad barb was the sole inheritor in my grandma's will.

according to my fathers estranged brother, barb inherited few million(s)? no confirmation on exact amount, but he made it sound like she was set for life after my grandma died. was the first hint i ever had that barb had substantial assets. she lived very modestly, imo.

also some potential insight into matthews mindset re barbs estate?"

ETA I found VI's post and it's substantially more than I remembered.
RT could not touch her inheritance unless she specifically willed it to him. It does not fall under community property. If she willed it to her child, they would receive it in whole.

Amateur opinion and speculation

There is zero evidence that RT is off pouting over their comments.

There is zero evidence of what RT is doing period.

Please correct me if there is msm describing RT’s current state of mind or activity.

SBM

So far there is zero evidence either way, save from the perspective of our VI.

Since I have not stated what "state of mind" or "activity" RT is in/doing/not doing, I don't believe I have to post an MSM link ?

IMO

The general public so far from what we have been able to assume from the limited information from LE is that the general public would not be of assistance in this particular case.

I suspect the last thing LE or SAR teams want are individuals that could impede an investigation and/or become a separate investigation if they themselves go missing.

This is not the "Office" nor any other program/movie. Nor is it any other case. This is the BT case.

Until I hear information from LE that points me in another direction other than what has to date been stated, most remains speculative/rumor'ish.

<modsnip: rude and personalizing>

Each case is different, but there tends to be consistent behavior from the immediate family when a loved one is missing.

The circumstances are odd, and IMO very suspicious. I believed that from the beginning, and believe that now.

The behavior from RT adds another layer to that, and is wholly inconsistent with normal behavior.

This isn’t about people grieving in different ways, it is about the actions people tend to take when the love of their life is missing.

All I’m hearing is excuse after excuse, even if these excuses require tremendous leaps.

From not notifying the family immediately, to not lifting a finger after the fact.

This isn’t normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
RT could not touch her inheritance unless she specifically willed it to him. It does not fall under community property. If she willed it to her child, they would receive it in whole.

Amateur opinion and speculation

But If this money is in a joint bank account, then that becomes a moot point at this time.

That money can be moved and spent.

There's no word or evidence that they did (and they do mention in their NIXLE reports each resource they called in). I'd be surprised if they did use cadaver dogs (highly specialized, expensive). If they did use them, they kept that on the down low. It's clearly sniffer dogs they're using in the one video posted by SAR.

SBM

The NIXLE reports do not indicate to the best of my recollection which canines were used/not used.

The cost to train any SAR/LE canine, whether that is in scent/tracking/human remains is great, as is the time and dedication required to become certified. I won't even go into the various certifications required.

I don't believe it has been specified by LE which were used. The video/pictures provide some clues, but are simply snaps of moments at a particular moment in time.

LE has not stated which resources were utilized with respect to the canines in particular, and could of used other resources that even SAR may not be aware of.

Respectfully snipped by me to save space-

I think it is entirely possible both physically and technologically that RT was able to commit a crime.

Right now however there is no evidence in his actions, or lack or actions, that he did.

More evidence? I'll change my mind.

The problem here is that there is almost no evidence at all. She was there, now she's not.

Very true. I sure hope it does not remain that way. But, what little evidence there is must surely include digital footprint. Apparently, that's leading no where as well.

LE did not state which resources were used, but West Valley SAR is the unit that was on scene with dogs. They photographed their work and tweeted it on their official tweet. So, unless they decide to omit the use of a cadaver dog (which is, as I stated, not a typical way for a local SAR group to use its resources and, of course, LE would have had to pay for it - thereby necessitating some notation of it in public record as required by California law), it's unlikely one was there.

It could be that SBSCO failed to include the use of that resource in its public reports, but it will have to make its expenditures known (at least to the Board of Supervisors) at some point in their fiscal year. By law, those records must be public (but I do not know if SBSCO follows standard practice in accounting for such matters; I would assume so, they've had enough complaints and lawsuits about these things that the new Sheriff's promise to be more transparent and compliant is, to me, an indication that they will in fact account for their use of public resources).

As required by law. I would be very suspicious of someone owning a completely free, volunteer "cadaver" dog.

Not every family with a missing person organizes searches, or is effective at getting the word out. That seems to be the exception, not the rule. When it does happen there is a strong cohesive group of people supporting them. RT's family does not seem to be able to provide that kind of support.

Remember that as far as we know none of her relatives have organized a search.

He is no more responsible for a private search than any other crime victim would be to investigate their own case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee