CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SkyVector: Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts

Aeronautical maps show features that can be seen and or items needed to be avoided "Like Towers" while flying..
Look for the Granite Mountains and next to them is Kelbaker rd "not named" at hwy40 .. Then on that road is a pumping station as noted when you zoom in.. That is located past hidden hills rd "not named" that RT stopped at so he and his wife could go for their hike.
I believe that pumping station is the parking lot RT was referring to.
Employee parking ?

Also this type of map shows all the airports, Including all the vacant airstrips used by anyone who can land on them for fun or emergency landings.
Thanks for this, cazador.

I wonder if the remote Mojave Desert preserve has date stamped aerial photos / videos of the day Barbara went missing on July 12th anywhere near that area, or the nearest facility like is shown on the aeronautical maps.

Not sure how often Google Earth or similar satellite imagery software updates "base map" aerial photos, or if ones that have been overridden can be found in archives.

Probably slim chance that such a remote location would have overhead footage from July 12th, of course, just had a thought that even if no cell phone towers or data available way out there, a satellite routinely flying over swaths of land to update imagery might be a possible occurrence to show where Barbara was that day.

MOO

Last edited:
The family has indicated that if LE does not find any new evidence that they will seek alternative methods to solve the case. I'm not sure what exactly that means, whether they will be hiring a private investigator or hiring a company to do a Drone search or whatever, but maybe they are busy doing something like that now.
Maybe that's why we haven't heard from Dbdb1 lately.
Hopefully he will fill us in soon.

Nope. if family started their own search, no need to let RT know from WS.

Nope. if family started their own search, no need to let RT know from WS.
Well, the VI already indicated that he was going out there to search in November so I guess RT has had plenty of time to prepare for his visit.
He has said he doesn't even know if RT is still living in Bullhead. I guess no-one has heard from him. Imo

Strange! I looked again and still don't see anything red or yellow.

Are others missing red yellow colors, too? I don’t mean to ask personal questions, but red green is the most color blindness combination. Do you have issues with that?

Or maybe something is off in your technical equipment in settings.

Maybe the equipment needs upgrade. anytime the updates are auto loaded, something always gets screwed up on my stuff.

Are others missing red yellow colors, too? I don’t mean to ask personal questions, but red green is the most color blindness combination. Do you have issues with that?

Maybe the equipment needs upgrade. anytime the updates are auto loaded, something always gets screwed up on my stuff.
I can only see the green too ....but I'm on an old laptop ...early Windows 10 so possibly that's why , I'm definitely not colour blind ! :)

I am on a newish ipad and that map opened up to only show a few green location markers but I saw no added-on red or yellow marks either.

In theory .. Kidnapping or Attacked and body dumped in a different location by another person can be imagined out of the remote camping area. That person could have been gone well before LE arrived. RT would have had no idea as the road leading to the remote camp sites is up the road from where they were parked..
jmho

Last edited:

From watching the video above AND in looking at the image provided.

From the video
3:53 RT and BT park Truck and RV to walk.. Take pics of rocks and stuff.

From the image using the video for reference

Yellow = 4:50 Public Paved parking..
RT was wanting to know why LE did not investigate vehicles parked there.

Red = 5:55 Pumping station .. Paved parking for employees

Green= Remote camp sites .. Road leading in is near Red "Pumping Station"

Attachments

• kelbakerroad.jpg
    kelbakerroad.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
backpacker.com has numerous first person stories about being lost/injured, in the wilderness.
This one seems to share some similarities w BT's story. Ed had been on this dayhike before. Just FYI.

"Out Alive: Lost in the Desert
Ed Rosenthal, 68, spent six days lost in Joshua Tree National Park in September, 2010."
https://www.backpacker.com/survival/out-alive-lost-in-the-desert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member