Found Deceased CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying they were 6.3 miles north of I-40 off of Kelbaker Road? I don't see where Hidden Hills intersects there? Does it?

View attachment 275990
OP did not reference Hidden Hills Rd -- only the location of the 5-wheel trailer on Kelbaker Rd to I-40. From their map, it appears the trailer was about 2 miles north of Kelso Dunes trailhead landmark (4 mi) but before the Kelso Depot Info Center (Kelso Cima Rd).

7-21-2019-10-11-21-am-png.194519

https://www.nps.gov/moja/planyourvisit/upload/MOJAmap1.pdf

My thought about the dates was that BT was found by kids who didn't know they were human remains, took a bone with them and went home. After all the hoopla over Thanksgiving/Black Friday was over, a parent saw the bone and asked the kid where it was found. The kid showed the adult on Sunday, at which time the adult realized they were human bones, and called 911.

Isn't a dispatch log a record of 'dispatch', as opposed to a record of calls?

IMO, I think "dispatch" is a term also used to designate the emergency/non-emergency call centers where contact is made with the respective LE Agency.

The headings from the "Dispatch call report" appear to record information that supports this definition including:

Date Time** Agency** Call No** Report No** Call Type** Dispo** Location

Dispatch Call Log – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department

OP did not reference Hidden Hills Rd -- only the location of the 5-wheel trailer on Kelbaker Rd to I-40. From their map, it appears the trailer was about 2 miles north of Kelso Dunes trailhead landmark (4 mi) but before the Kelso Depot Info Center (Kelso Cima Rd).

7-21-2019-10-11-21-am-png.194519

https://www.nps.gov/moja/planyourvisit/upload/MOJAmap1.pdf

Whether the other poster mentioned it or not, that is the same place. The track leading off to the right of the yellow pin is Hidden Hills Road.

Which post is being referred to? Thanks!
Excerpt from an observer's post during the search efforts:

I confirmed on Saturday with the Sheriff the precise location where the Thompsons had parked their 5th Wheel, the same location they had set up. I'll try posting Google Earth pics and pics of the environment if anyone is interested. It was NOT 20 miles north of I40 like the reports says and like the speculation on this thread and all over social media goes, (the media everywhere repeated or regurgitated this over 10 days without fact checking). The location is 6.3 miles north of the I-40 in a large turnout that can accommodate a Dually and 5th Wheel. There is a nonmotorized trail directly opposite of that turnout that leads to the closest rock formations which contain lots of nooks and crannies which you can see were searched by the SARS folks.

AZ - AZ - Barbara Thomas, 69, Timeline, Media, Maps, *NO DISCUSSION*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads