Found Deceased CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No exact location has been disclosed. (At least not by any WS-approved source).

VICTIM: Barbara Thomas, 69 years old, resident of Bullhead City, AZ
DESCRIPTION: 5'9, 130 lbs., Blonde hair, Green eyes, last seen wearing a black bikini, a red baseball cap and tan hiking boots with black socks

**********UPDATE – December 18, 2020***************
On November 27, 2020 two people were hiking in a field off Kelbaker Road when they discovered human remains. On November 28th a further search was conducted, and additional bones and evidence was recovered.

The remains have been positively identified as Barbara Thomas. The cause of death is pending.
No other details are available for release at this time.

ETA: Given BT went missing on 7/12/2019, I think it's fair to say the hikers did not discover her intact, complete, skeleton, but obviously human.

A further search by authorities resulted in the discovery of additional human bones. I believe there's probably a general area where KB was recovered (off Kelbaker Rd) but I don't believe there will ever be a known, exact location.
Thank you. I know the general location of Kelbaker Rd and of Essex on Google Maps. In trying many times to find a known landmark, besides "north" of that highway, to get an idea if it's even feasible that BT could have wandered from the hiking spot to the discovery spot is beyond my mapping skills. There seems to be nothing out there on maps for reference and not one article I've read has mentioned the distance between the two...missing and discovered. I find that very odd. Thank you again for your help

I went back to thread #14 and where we previously mapped out the area where BT was allegedly last seen by RT near the rock formations that are near Hidden Hill Rd and Kelbaker Rd. If you scroll up the road towards I-40, you'll also find the pullout with painted stall marks where the truck/trailer was allegedly parked.

Thank you. I know the general location of Kelbaker Rd and of Essex on Google Maps. In trying many times to find a known landmark, besides "north" of that highway, to get an idea if it's even feasible that BT could have wandered from the hiking spot to the discovery spot is beyond my mapping skills. There seems to be nothing out there on maps for reference and not one article I've read has mentioned the distance between the two...missing and discovered. I find that very odd. Thank you again for your help
Don't fall into the trap of thinking "Essex" refers to a specific location.
It's been established several times in these threads that "Essex" in this context refers not to the town but to an extensive part of the area that surrounds it, and that includes the area where they stopped, near the junction of Kelbaker and Hidden Hill Road.

I don't recall seeing any posts that gave the exact location where B's remains were found by the hikers. IIRC, that information was discussed in a private FaceBook group that I didn't have access to.
I believe the following details from MSM and Nixle alert are the best we have on the location where BT's remains were recovered. I don't have fb and probably wouldn't believe that source if I did. JMO
I saw it, and the poster was a family member who had previously posted in this topic, so I felt I could trust her word.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking "Essex" refers to a specific location.
It's been established several times in these threads that "Essex" in this context refers not to the town but to an extensive part of the area that surrounds it, and that includes the area where they stopped, near the junction of Kelbaker and Hidden Hill Road.
Thank you for that info, much appreciated.

I went back to thread #14 and where we previously mapped out the area where BT was allegedly last seen by RT near the rock formations that are near Hidden Hill Rd and Kelbaker Rd. If you scroll up the road towards I-40, you'll also find the pullout with painted stall marks where the truck/trailer was allegedly parked.

IMO: I don't believe the truck and trailer were parked at that paved overlook with painted lines (the Boulders Viewpoint area, which is further north, not closer to I-40). I thought it was established that they were parked in the unpaved pullout right at the intersection of Hidden Hill and Kelbaker roads. No?

IMO: I don't believe the truck and trailer were parked at that paved overlook with painted lines (the Boulders Viewpoint area, which is further north, not closer to I-40). I thought it was established that they were parked in the unpaved pullout right at the intersection of Hidden Hill and Kelbaker roads. No?
That's right.

Can you explain to those of us who didn't see this information, why or how it takes foul play off the table for you?
This family member stated the location where her remains were found and outright said foul play was not involved. I saw this months ago not along after she was found however, so I don’t remember the exact wording.

Quoted link is in fact google map at intersecting Hidden Hill and Kelbaker Roads.

I really don't recall but IMO, pull-out location is probably more opinion of where the subject rock formation RT photographed is located, and the distance between paved/unpaved is negligible.

Quoted link is in fact google map at intersecting Hidden Hill and Kelbaker Roads.

I really don't recall but IMO, pull-out location is probably more opinion of where the subject rock formation RT photographed is located, and the distance between paved/unpaved is negligible.
IIRC, there were photos of LE/searchers in the pullout at Hidden Hill and Kelbaker and a WS member posted about that being where the truck and trailer were parked. Unfortunately I don't remember his username. Does anyone else remember this?

IIRC, there were photos of LE/searchers in the pullout at Hidden Hill and Kelbaker and a WS member posted about that being where the truck and trailer were parked. Unfortunately I don't remember his username. Does anyone else remember this?
Unfortunately, I don't remember either but I did find my notes where member that searched told us that the soft pull-outs are not suitable for trailers because the ground is sand and soft and a nightmare to pull out. Also, the subject boulders RT wanted to photograph were believed the "Kelbaker Boulders." MOO

There are definitely photographs of the search, which confirmed the location as Kelbaker/Hidden Hill intersection. It's not in dispute.
But no location as to where those hikers found BT's remains?

The reason I keep asking for any clarification as to the recovery area is to know the approximate distance BT would have either walked or was brought. Everything looks so desolate with roads but no homes, businesses or even gas stations to judge distances. It's very confusing to someone not familiar with this type of terrain.

Last edited:
But no location as to where those hikers found BT's remains?

The reason I keep asking for any clarification as to the recovery area is to know the approximate distance BT would have either walked or was brought. Everything looks so desolate with roads but no homes, businesses or even gas stations to judge distances. It's very confusing to someone not familiar with this type of terrain.
the location of her remains hasn't been revealed.

This family member stated the location where her remains were found and outright said foul play was not involved. I saw this months ago not along after she was found however, so I don’t remember the exact wording.
was this "family member" verified? I remember a son posting here who had suspicions and a brother in japan i think it was but idr another relative.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back