CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing this post forward that mentions the 360° photo just to point out that the photo was apparently taken in the morning. So, I don't think it was taken on the hike which means if she used her phone to take the photo, her phone could have been left in the camper or truck (vs. the pack RT was carrying).

Are you thinking the 360 photo wasn’t taken on the hike? The post said that it captured cars in a parking lot and LE was looking at plate numbers. Where was the parking lot and why was LE interested, I wonder, if the photo wasn’t taken on the hike? Perhaps at another stop they made along the way? Do we know what time they left home and what time they started hiking/walking?

Another question. Do we know if she left her house in the bikini and wore it in the truck on the drive to where they hiked or did she change into it when they stopped? It just seems strange to wear it traveling and she might have been seen wearing something else earlier.

I don't live near the Mojave Desert, so I have to ask this dumb question. Do "mules" drop packages out there?

Has anyone been able to determine if K9's were deployed and picked up her scent? Apologies if I've missed this; the thread is moving fast.

Here is some video of the search provided by the SanBernadino Sheriff’s Office including K-9 teams and ‘I believe’ that it appears other search dog teams could be assisting. Does anyone know if drug sniffing dogs are routinely brought in if the disappearance is suspicious just to cover all the bases?
Video
San Bernardino County Sheriff on Twitter

MOO

Last edited:
Either this is the perfect storm, (had phone but didn't carry it, bikini, only hydration a beer), or someone is telling a big whopper; a deadly tale.
Has anyone been able to determine if K9's were deployed and picked up her scent? Apologies if I've missed this; the thread is moving fast.

Amateur opinion and speculation
you'll find videos of search dogs on the sheriff's twitter and nixle.
no reports of hitting a scent that I have seen.

you'll find videos of search dogs on the sheriff's twitter and nixle.
no reports of hitting a scent that I have seen.
Thank you. As I've said, the dogs aren't infallible, but I put a great deal of faith in them. Given this info, my skepticism grows. Time for a warrant and luminal as far as I'm concerned.

As always, just an amateur opinion and speculation

Here is some video of the search provided by the SanBernadino Sheriff’s Office including K-9 teams and ‘I believe’ that it appears other search dog teams could be assisting. Does anyone know if drug sniffing dogs are routinely brought in if the disappearance is suspicious just to cover all the bases?
Video

MOO
It looks like it would be next to impossible to find someone there. Even though it’s wide open, the shrubbery would hide the view of a body from the air. It looks like Dogs are the best bet but how many and how far can they continue looking?!

Ok..one theory from the husband is that she was abducted. Please don't take this the wrong way,but why?? Ransom?? Sex??? She is beautiful for her age,but c'mon. Most stranger abductions seem to be of much younger women. JMO

Suzanne Eaton, also in her 60’s, was recently abducted while on a run. Perp is in his early 30’s, IIRC. Predators don’t really discriminate as to age. It is all about the conquest and violence and will take advantage of seeing any female when perceived as vulnerable. MOO

When I think of them it amazes me how wonderful and youthful they both look. Usually those spending a lot of time in the sun look rugged looking.
Are they still searching for Barbara in the same place?

Also regarding the beer and the bikini those two words sell papers. Boots and a hat don't!

How youthful they both look could be a positive testament to Herbal Life Products along with them getting plenty of Exercise like Hiking in the Desert.

It looks like it would be next to impossible to find someone there. Even though it’s wide open, the shrubbery would hide the view of a body from the air. It looks like Dogs are the best bet but how many and how far can they continue looking?!
These "sniffers" are amazing. The point would be that they would alert on her scent from the point of origin...where she supposedly started from. They aren't picking up anything (from what I understand), thus it puts in to question his rendition that she was even there.

Amateur opinion and speculation

How youthful they both look could be a positive testament to Herbal Life Products along with them getting plenty of Exercise like Hiking.
Yes, they both do look fantastic. Vibrant.
Whether the herbal concoctions help, probably focusing on that healthful lifestyle is a big contributor. The beer....balance! ; )

Amateur opinion and speculation.
Where are you lovely lady?

Are @dbdb11 deleted posts now restored, since he’s now a verified insider? I recall some mention of Herbalife several days ago but not who posted it or what exactly was said. Am wondering if it was deleted but may yet return for discussion!

Barbara is now missing over a solid week. That isn't good, after all she is near her 70th birthday. Either she's in the desert or someone wanted her for some weird reason right off the road, which quite frankly makes no sense to me considering her age.

I don't think I'd be hiking in a bikini, but I could see shorts and bikini top. That's my opinion and it's not much since I've never hiked around there. Btw...I haven't read the entire thread yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required