CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RT's Interviews
At the 1:13 mark - 1st interview
"My feeling is that she was picked up. Because she had to cross the highway. She was wearing a bikini and she had a beer in her hand."
sbm.
I think it's interesting how he mentions the beer and the highway as two reasons he thinks she may have been abducted.
In any other case yes maybe, but this "highway" is in the middle of nowhere with only the occasional vehicle driving by, and didn't she keep the beer in some kind of cup?
So how is her having to cross a nearly empty road with a mug in her hand relevant to anything?

It's been said Barbara is in good health, but what about him?
If his story is true, I think we can rule out she went to explore on her way back, as he said she went ahead "because she wanted to use the RV." But if he took longer than he remembers, maybe she went for a walk as she waited? Refreshed with water and a snack she could have gone quite far before becoming disoriented/ realising she was lost in a totally different area than where the searches have been.
jmo etc.

eta @Lilibet saw your post after I posted, we're having the same thoughts here =)

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I'm wondering if her disappearance could be related to the hiker that recently went missing for 4 days?

Calif. Hiker Missing for 4 Days Says She Fled Knife-Wielding Man Who Tried to Rape Her
The knife-wielding suspect told Sheryl Powell he'd stab her "if you don't let me have my way with you," she said

Calif. Hiker Missing for 4 Days Says She Fled Knife-Wielding Man Who Tried to Rape Her

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I'm wondering if her disappearance could be related to the hiker that recently went missing for 4 days?

The knife-wielding suspect told Sheryl Powell he'd stab her "if you don't let me have my way with you," she said

We realized fairly early that Sheryl and Barbara disappeared the same day or within a day of each other, so it’s very unlikely they are connected. But never say never! :)

Does anyone else get a strange feeling when RT is asked by Inside Edition if he did anything to his wife and he looked straight at the camera with cold, angry eyes (IMO) and said “Absolutely not.”? For some reason, it gave me the creeps. That kind of denial never seems truthful to me. Again, just my own feelings and I DON’T want to think he did anything to Barbara.

I just saw the banner title. Click. Here I am.

A quick read of the facts in the latest posts and then I watched his interview with Inside Edition:
Not just “absolutely not” but the entire interview struck me with a strange feeling.
Remember I have just come on the threads, no knowledge of details other than basic info.
If you’ve been watching all along, you become accustomed to everyone involved. Fresh eyes see fresh facts. Moo. Daughter genuine. Or blond, whoever she is. I don’t want to watch him again. I don’t believe him. LE did lie detector according to him and concluded he was not being truthful, or whatever term he used. Is what I think I heard him say.
Crocodile tears.
Rereading this post, I noticed I said watch him again. Not listen again. Eyou. He gave me the creeps.
I’m sorry everyone if this is too strong a response. First impression.

Is it wrong to think the husbands mention the beer and bikini is subtle way of saying she was asking to be kidnapped? Or murdered. It makes me not trust him.

It’s not WHAT he said so much as HOW he said it.
He’s worse than the husband in missing mother of 5, Jennifer Dulos. Eyou, turquoise shirt, I love that color. He was points ahead bc of the color before I finished watching the interview. Creeped out by him.

Last edited:
Who goes out in the blistering desert sun with a bikini? There’s a reason middle easterners wear flowing white robes. They are covered head to foot as protection from the sun, the wind and stinging sand.
She wasn’t going for a hike. She wasn’t planning on going for a hike. She was hanging out by the RV with a cold one. Sitting under the awning probably. Enjoying the fresh air, close to the potty and another cold one as the day progressed.

Who goes out in the blistering desert sun with a bikini? There’s a reason middle easterners wear flowing white robes. They are covered head to foot as protection from the sun, the wind and stinging sand.
She wasn’t going for a hike. She wasn’t planning on going for a hike. She was hanging out by the RV with a cold one. Sitting under the awning probably. Enjoying the fresh air, close to the potty and another cold one as the day progressed.

This is helpful. Thanks! I didn't think it sounded right but I thought maybe that is something you do if you are near a desert.

I don't think the husband is the type who is good with finding words to say. I find nothing wrong with his statements. I almost can see the moment she went around the corner. I feel they are old school adventures, yes a beer in the hand, no need for proper gear. If he feels she was picked up, then maybe once she got to the road, a vehicle saw her, and asked for directions. At this point I believe him. I've seen so many cases lately with opportunities for criminals, that we never would have guessed it. I hope they find her.

Without having more relevant facts, we are left to surmise . . .

What we have now are the husband's public statements plus knowing that law enforcement/searchers found nothing at Barbara's last known location that would tell them what happened to her.

So, was she even there. Did her demise occur beforehand somewhere else. If she lost her footing somewhere where Robert said they were and fell into a crevice etc, natural for her to drop the cup to grab on to something. Hat may have come off as well, but surely the cup, which searchers would've located.

I'm sure the LEOs are still working on their investigation and, if they have any suspects in mind, are tying things together in order to solidify the case. Without additional facts, there's not much else to go on. As I've mentioned before, would be good to have info on Barbara and Robert's relationship: any issues. Although most couple encounter difficulties, it's how those difficulties have historically been handled that is key (ie, temporary separations, physical abuse, verbal abuse).

I agree with others that the Herbalife connection seems weak given that the VI's posted document is dated, what, 34 or so years ago. Unless Robert has been under the lens recently for questionable Herbalife activities, this angle is most likely a non-issue. Herbalife's most recent problems involved issues with its stock price or something closely akin to that.

I'd appreciate hearing more about these two as individuals. I haven't been able to find much public information online, however.

From scanning through this case it appears the only person saying she went ahead of him and then disappeared was her husband. Therefore anything really could have happened to her. Not accusing him but the story doesn’t seem plausible.

I don't think the husband is the type who is good with finding words to say. I find nothing wrong with his statements. I almost can see the moment she went around the corner. I feel they are old school adventures, yes a beer in the hand, no need for proper gear. If he feels she was picked up, then maybe once she got to the road, a vehicle saw her, and asked for directions. At this point I believe him. I've seen so many cases lately with opportunities for criminals, that we never would have guessed it. I hope they find her.

I can see that. It's not like any of us knew him before, so it's possible he's someone who doesn't show emotion at all. My personal opinion is that he's hiding something, but I think I'm just jaded from all those cases where the husband is guilty. I would love to see a happy ending here, but it just doesn't seem likely.

Is it wrong to think the husbands mention the beer and bikini is subtle way of saying she was asking to be kidnapped? Or murdered. It makes me not trust him.
I’m deaf so I can't hear how he said it but when I read what he said, I felt that he was seeing her as an attractive woman that would attract attention and “carrying the beer” as an 80 year old would include everything he could think of about what she looked like at that moment.

There was mention in the previous thread that if there was an abduction the abductor would have left behind footprints.

Maybe LE did find some footprints. But how long ago where they left there? How could LE tell if the footprints were left by an abductor or some innocent person who stopped on the side of the road to take photos?

Without doing a comparison to a suspect's shoes the footprints may not mean much. JMO

I’m deaf so I can't hear how he said it but when I read what he said, I felt that he was seeing her as an attractive woman that would attract attention and “carrying the beer” as an 80 year old would include everything he could think of about what she looked like at that moment.
I read the interview a couple of days ago and felt neutral but then actually listened to it just last night. He says he thinks she was taken because “she WAS wearing bikini and carrying a beer.” Like, well of COURSE that would make someone grab her. The emphasis made it “read” differently to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member