CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just me but if my spouse is likely dead the last thing I would care about is a stupid ticket.
I have a relative who I believe would definitely be tying up ends like this. He’s very organized, and never leaves a task undone, and is even more prone to doing these things during stress. It may be anxiety related, or age. Nonetheless, no small detail, especially if it was to do with arrangements that involved anything official (planes, bills, bookings, appointments), gets forgotten. I have been around him during the death of his dear brother, and these types of things were what he focused on.

It's not the flight/hotel cancellations in themselves: for many: just another straw in the haystack tipping it over

As far as him not having numbers for family, I can believe that: but I cannot believe LE wouldn't give him the numbers...I mean, geez: most of us nowadays don't know by heart important numbers & they aren't written down.
So: not sure how much this 'excuse' goes with me....LE would want him to be able to contact family & I would think, they'd understand they were in his phone & give him the numbers...right?
I would also think LE would want family notified. What if Barbara has been picked up by a Good Samaritan while RT was being questioned and she couldn’t reach him to report her safe return? She might have contacted another relative.

if youre referring to me I never said anything of the sort. was nearly impossible for me to get through to case detectives, and no police ever answered robbies phone.
So you did eventually get though to the case detectives and talked to them.

Can you tell us about that conversation? What did you ask and what were the answers given to you by them. Thanks.

american airlined 504
jul 22 vegas to lax

cathay pacific ai 883
july 23 lax to hkg

returning aug 1

Which is why I asked if RT specifically said that he cancelled the ticket, or (as his family apparently said) the ticket had been cancelled. In other words, did RT cancel it or did the airline cancel it when BT was a no-show?

as VI posted.
they were told on the 16th 4 days after BT went missing that she was missing in same conversation they were told to cancel accommodation as they (RT) had cancelled the flights.
6 days before she was due to fly out.

moo

How is that the same? She was reported missing. It was four days later! She is either dead, extremely sick, or kidnapped and will be suffering severe ptsd. If the husband is innocent, there is nothing wrong.

And as far as not contacting the son which keeps coming up as alluding to RT being a total dirtbag in the least or a murderer (which is the true implication), we don’t know if it’s true, what the relationship of any is. Plus, it’s been reported he had a hard time contacting anyone from BT’s side as he had no phones, no computers as they were handed in.

Gee, I hope I never end up close to someone who goes missing. That’s what being on WS is showing me. The jumping straight to guilty with every little thing is awful for me to read. People get convicted to death on circumstantial evidence that is extremely poor - and many were innocent.

And again, polygraphs. A great article and a reputable place to read about them : The Truth About Lie Detectors (aka Polygraph Tests)
You clearly have strong feelings about this, and of course you’re entitled to share them. I believe that extends to others as well. We certainly don’t have to share the same opinions.

As far as polygraphs, I assume that is related to another post, as I haven’t mentioned them.

You clearly have strong feelings about this, and of course you’re entitled to share them. I believe that extends to others as well. We certainly don’t have to share the same opinions.

As far as polygraphs, I assume that is related to another post, as I haven’t mentioned them.
Yes. I guess I’m not suited to WS. Or this thread at least. Until more is revealed, I would withhold judgement and keep an open mind so I didn’t mistakenly judge someone during a terrible time.

I can only imagine how that would feel if proven innocent. I’m totally aware there may be guilt here, and things might come to light. I just can’t see anything overly nefarious or horrifying yet.

It’s confounding she went missing so quickly, but it’s happened to people. I would like to reserve judgment until something more obvious points to guilt. It just feels negative and like any little thing you do in your life could be pointed to as ‘odd’ or reason to be suspicious, and honestly makes me worry about how judgmental people are.

It’s not how I like to think of people. That everyone thinks everyone should dress, behave and be the same as each other.

Yes. I guess I’m not suited to WS. Or this thread at least. Until more is revealed, I would withhold judgement and keep an open mind so I didn’t mistakenly judge someone during a terrible time.

I can only imagine how that would feel if proven innocent. I’m totally aware there may be guilt here, and things might come to light. I just can’t see anything overly nefarious or horrifying yet.

It’s confounding she went missing so quickly, but it’s happened to people. I would like to reserve judgment until something more obvious points to guilt. It just feels negative and like any little thing you do in your life could be pointed to as ‘odd’ or reason to be suspicious, and honestly makes me worry about how judgmental people are.

It’s not how I like to think of people. That everyone thinks everyone should dress, behave and be the same as each other.
Let's also b e sensitive to her poor son who hasn't been accused of anything.He must be going through a terrible time.

RT has no idea what happened to his wife according to RT.
including but not limited to maybe she ran off to go to china.

BBM... did he specifically mention China/going out of the country as a voluntary possibility? Or is that a bit of editorializing/hyperbole to make a point? Just wondering because there is a difference... because I think almost everyone would agree that we're having a whole different conversation, if there is a possibility that Barbara ran away from him in order to fly out of the country.

My red Flag is, if she hiked all the time, in the desert, where is her suntan? I get a suntan just from working to my car into a business. Today it was 122.

For the record, I'm not so worried about what Barbara wore from the point of view of "what is normal for Barbara/people in the Southwest/folks who tan/burn as easily as I myself do"; but worried because I feel it speaks to how long Barbara intended on roaming/hiking/strolling. Do people really hike hours/miles in blazing hot sun while drinking alcohol and wearing a bikini? Because at some point in the commission of a walk, surely simple biology triumphs over how much heat endurance you have. We've all seen the movie scenes where the hero/ine is blistered and cracked from the sun looking half dead after traipsing across the Sahara or whatever.

Thus, I find it hard to believe that Barbara planned on taking a hike in some situation where she could potentially get lost, and have nothing but a beer to rely upon. I don't have a problem with her thinking she can take a short stroll "as-is". The problem is, would she have budgeted/prepared for the possibility of getting lost, or embarking on a tremendously long walk? Because if she would have brought stuff for a long walk if left to her own devices; and yet in this situation she didn't; this to me indicates that there could be things Barbara might and might not not have planned on doing without the prep. We have "no proof" right now that little green men didn't abduct Barbara, except for the fact that 98% of us are probably sure that no such aliens exist.

BBM... did he specifically mention China/going out of the country as a voluntary possibility? Or is that a bit of editorializing/hyperbole to make a point? Just wondering because there is a difference... because I think almost everyone would agree that we're having a whole different conversation, if there is a possibility that Barbara ran away from him in order to fly out of the country.

sorry I should have clarified.
my speculation included in the where could she be??.....or going if you think she is alive.

why not heading for china?? that was in her plans was what I was getting at.
why would he be cutting off her options(cancelling flights) if he had no idea if she was alive or not.

moo

<modsnip - quoted a removed post>

many people are choosing not to see his actions after her disappearance as suspicious, and that can be justified for a number of reasons.

it gives us hope this case is potentially not as devastating as the alternatives, is one great reason to keep these thoughts alive.

but the same people maybe overlooking the timing of her disappearance in relation to upcoming overseas travel, to see an ailing relative who barb may have been confident enough to confide in.

i have evidence that barb had been in contact with her son in the weeks leading up to her disappearance, where rob would have my father believe both robbie and barb were no longer communicating with matt.

i implore all concerned persons to please read thread one and two please. facts i am repeating for newcomers will have much more context.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry I should have clarified.
my speculation included in the where could she be??.....or going if you think she is alive.

why not heading for china?? that was in her plans was what I was getting at.
why would he be cutting off her options(cancelling flights) if he had no idea if she was alive or not.

moo

Oh good!! I rather thought this was what you were getting at, but I've seen so many different quotes and opinions over the past three threads, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005