CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a photo of BT wearing a red cap and wearing what looks like a black bikini. That was in the original article that started thread 1, page 1: Search underway for lost hiker in Mojave Desert

But I'm pretty sure that that photo is NOT from the day she went missing. I believe it was a photo that shows her in clothing similar to what her husband said she was wearing when she disappeared. MOO.

Well, there was a post from DB where they talk about how they found it hard to believe that RT was in RE because he didn’t have the personality for it. Apparently he didn’t come across as a great people person to DB. Lots of talk back in the thread about how unlikely it would be he could be selling RE, and perhaps his dealings were not with the public etc

At least in Washington, you need a real estate broker's license if you want to do property management, and that's true in some other states as well.

Type of Property Management Licenses

Well, there was a post from DB where they talk about how they found it hard to believe that RT was in RE because he didn’t have the personality for it. Apparently he didn’t come across as a great people person to DB. Lots of talk back in the thread about the how unlikely it would be he could be selling RE, and perhaps his dealings were not with the public etc

My take is RT looked awfully comfortable in front of the camera in the post disappearance video. If you can stand in front of a TV camera, and not talk nervous gibberish, you have the personality to sell real estate. <modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
DB has stated more than once that RT is likely getting PI involved to find BT which contradicts that he ‘doesn’t have much interest in seeing this matter resolved’.

Small correction: DB said RT had expressed that he wanted to hire/would look into a PI.

DB did not say that RT said he had a PI on his payroll, or name an individual person. Not saying that RT hasn't, but until we have confirmation (at least of the secondhand variety), up until then we only have secondhand talk from RT about wanting a PI. Stating the desire to hire a private investigator; is not the same thing as having hired one, which is one of the reasons "Talk is cheap" is a truism.

police have mantained no suspected foul play. as relatives, especially on behalf of my father who loves his older sister dearly, and does not have the energy to follow these case developments, family has a responsibility to pursue the timeline of events and to examine all information available to us.

we want barb found. the facsimile press releases shared across the nation offer us no new details. we are digging from all possible angles. keeping this thread churning is a major help to what we understand about barb's disappearance.

whether rob is guilty or innocent is only relevant to me if it can help with locating barb.

i have no personal grudge and have expressed as much. looking up to robbie in the past does not equate with willfully ignoring relevant details related to barbs disappearance. urgency overides all personal consideration i have for robbie, and if she is found and it all turns out this is unrelated to him, i hope he finds it in his heart to understand my line of thought and our pursuit of all possible information related to her disappearance.

I am so, so sorry all of you are going through this.

Hoping and praying she is found soon.

So, this is an important wording question about RT and the flight - did he say he cancelled the flight, or that her flight had been cancelled? These sound very similar, and I think most of us would assume that "her flight had been cancelled" would mean that someone called to make the cancellation.

But airlines do cancel tickets if you don't show up: No-show (airlines) - Wikipedia

I don't remember when BT was supposed to travel, but the airline may have already cancelled the ticket once she didn't show at the airport.

Also, I saw this old post when trying to find her flight date; it looks like the police may have kept RT's cell phone for a while. If that's the case, he might not have any phone numbers to call (Android phones make the contacts available from any computer, but you have to know how to access it):

CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

Is keeping the phone for four days normal?

As far as I know, RT told @dbdb11's Hong Kong family members on July 16th that he had canceled the flight, at the same time he told them BT was missing. I believe that the flight was considerably later than that -- I thought our VI said it was July 23rd, but would have to double-check. Therefore it must've been canceled by RT. MOO.

The sheriff's office said the investigation into the 69-year-old's disappearance is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Nicholas Clark at 909-387-3589. Anonymous tips may be submitted via 800-782-7463 or www.wetip.com.

Detective Clark is with the Specialized Investigation Division. The division is comprised of the Homicide Detail, Crimes Against Children, and hi-tech crimes. They investigate a variety of major crimes including homicides, suspicious deaths, in-custody deaths, officer-involved shootings, crimes against children and cyber crimes. Personnel assigned to the division are highly-skilled and experienced investigators they use the latest technology to investigate cases. Local law enforcement agencies can request investigators and department resources to investigate officer-involved shootings or major crimes.
Specialized Investigations – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department

The sheriff's office said the investigation into the 69-year-old's disappearance is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Nicholas Clark at 909-387-3589. Anonymous tips may be submitted via 800-782-7463 or www.wetip.com.

Detective Clark is with the Specialized Investigation Division. The division is comprised of the Homicide Detail, Crimes Against Children, and hi-tech crimes. They investigate a variety of major crimes including homicides, suspicious deaths, in-custody deaths, officer-involved shootings, crimes against children and cyber crimes. Personnel assigned to the division are highly-skilled and experienced investigators they use the latest technology to investigate cases. Local law enforcement agencies can request investigators and department resources to investigate officer-involved shootings or major crimes.

Thanks, @Knox! This is encouraging. I hope Detective Clark and the Specialized Investigation Division get to the bottom of this soon -- whatever happened -- and find Barbara.

< modsnip - thread cleanup>

To clarify, RT is not officially considered a suspect by LE (except by RT’s statement, which doesn’t count here). He is still considered a victim according to WS TOS. While we can’t accuse him of harming Barbara, we are allowed to question his actions. That doesn’t mean we are accusing him. It can be a fine line, and if we feel the line has been crossed, we are free to alert a mod to the post by using the report button.

Secondly, sometimes I find it’s best to just “scroll and roll” rather than reply if opinions bother me. ;)

And finally, a belated welcome to Websleuths. :)

Thanks for sharing this Knox. It sounds like the sheriffs department is doing all they can to find out what happened to Barbara. Interesting that the list of cases that the Specialized Investigation Division handles doesn't include missing persons. That may turn out to be quite telling.

if this is the robbie i knew as Barbs husband he would have been talking to multiple PI by around the same time he informed us. he would be all over this case with all resources available to him. JMO
You said the Robbie you know, would have been all over this case, using all resources available to him. He would have been talking to PI’s soon after she disappeared. Do you know if he had been trying to locate her using his resources soon after she went missing. Has he talked to a PI or was it your family that suggested a PI?

what is Barbara's medical history? Any recent changes in her medical care? new medications, treatments, symptoms? Just wondering if there may be a physical issue that caused disorientation for her.

Thank you; I was just going to post this same question.

And, DH and I are "old fogies" who still have a landline. We're not getting rid of it any time soon.:D

oldPhones.jpg

(Image provided by Bigstockphotos via a license purchased by me).

Last edited:
what is Barbara's medical history? Any recent changes in her medical care? new medications, treatments, symptoms? Just wondering if there may be a physical issue that caused disorientation for her.

That's a good point...and we know she had a least one beer, so if she had started any new medications she may not have known how they might interact with alcohol. Even a small bout of dizziness or disorientation could be tragic in the desert.

<modsnip - quoted a removed post>
please please please continue in your own search and investigation into all of this. not discussing facebook has more to do with websleuths terms of service. if you want to discuss facebook there is a facebook group i believe. my sister is in it as are robbies neice and someone from barbs sons side of the family. please feel free to join there and chime in

I believe when I read DB’s statement, they said that they had read it on the sons FB. I could be wrong, that’s my memory of it. I’m happy to be corrected. If that’s still first hand, that’s fine.

It just seems interesting that one family member who has not been considered a suspects actions can be questioned, but other players actions that may seem nonsensical can’t be discussed.

And yes, obviously a fine line when posters have said that they believe the husband is guilty without mincing words.

It may be so, but maybe I’m missing the part that the thing about being here is picking up every little thing when you know there’s a possibility a crime has been committed, and we all know the statistics on who usually does these crimes to get in on saying you called it. Perhaps that’s why some see absolute motive in things that could be normal, or may turn out to be a small piece of the puzzle.

I don’t know. I’m new. But yeah. I should scroll by more. I was always the one to stand up for someone when I felt a bullying situation was going on, and this triggers me into that feeling because I need more to grasp than what we have so far before sinking the boots in.

i dont use facebook, and facebook has not been a source of info for me so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier