CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm

Lafayette man's mother still missing after hiking in the Mojave Desert with husband

Frustrating. Was it "20 miles" or "6.3 miles" north of I-40?
Does that mean LE believes that whatever happened to BT occurred 14 miles farther north of where RT says she 'disappeared around a corner'?

RT's lawyer is working on a way to get information?
Get information from whom?
Is that an ...admission by proxy?
I've been wondering about this too. I think that while the initial SBCSO's Nixle summary mentions 20 miles, as soon as 3 days after Barbara disappeared, the Nixle updates start to refer to the Kelbaker Road/Hidden Hills location 6.3 miles north of I-40 where RT apparently said BT disappeared and where they set up their command post to search.

So I wonder whether the initial mention of 20 miles north of I-40 was just an error, or whether might reflect something else. Maybe RT's location when he called them? I have no idea. (I've also tried to figure out whether the Kelbaker Road/Hidden Hills location is 20 miles from some other location they might've used as a reference point, but have come up blank.) MOO.

A question for the VI: @dbdb11 has your contact been solely with SBPD?

As has been mentioned earlier, tri-state junctions seem to run rife with jurisdictional conflicts. I've tried to follow the thread carefully and stay relatively apprised of news articles, but may have missed additional mentions of other LE entities (CBI, FBI, etc).

I'm also unsure of where the missing person report was filed and if Arizona police have become involved. Presumably some visit to the residence has been made? That Mr. Thomas's point of contact is a CA-based attorney suggests the case will remain in CA jurisdiction.

I'm also somewhat baffled by the lack of coverage from the Bullhead City/Laughlin/San Bernardino press. Please correct me if I am in error, but the last article appears to be from July 16th in each of these outlets. The LA Times might have a greater pull, especially if one of their investigative reporters gets involved. I'm happy to submit a story request if others on the thread have yet to do so.

A question for the VI: @dbdb11 has your contact been solely with SBPD?

As has been mentioned earlier, tri-state junctions seem to run rife with jurisdictional conflicts. I've tried to follow the thread carefully and stay relatively apprised of news articles, but may have missed additional mentions of other LE entities (CBI, FBI, etc).

I'm also unsure of where the missing person report was filed and if Arizona police have become involved. Presumably some visit to the residence has been made? That Mr. Thomas's point of contact is a CA-based attorney suggests the case will remain in CA jurisdiction.

I'm also somewhat baffled by the lack of coverage from the Bullhead City/Laughlin/San Bernardino press. Please correct me if I am in error, but the last article appears to be from July 16th in each of these outlets. The LA Times might have a greater pull, especially if one of their investigative reporters gets involved. I'm happy to submit a story request if others on the thread have yet to do so.
BBM

Please allow me to assist in providing email addresses. :) I've included the articles published by each outlet because I like to thank them for their reporting and personalize each email according to their article(s). Hope that makes sense. It's late!

Special thanks to @Knox for beginning the list and @Kapua, @?mysterian?, and @dbdb11 for continuing to promote the media nudges on Barbara's thread.

MEDIA CONTACTS

Today’s News-Herald, Havasu News: Email editor@havasunews.com
ABC 7, Los Angeles: Email pr@abc7.com, Press Releases Submit Press Releases
NBC 4, Los Angeles: Email tips@nbcla.com, Jonathan Lloyd Twitter Jonathan Gonzalez (@JonathanNBCLA) | Twitter
Los Angeles Times: Email tips@latimes.com, Email alexa.diaz@latimes.com, All the people Newsroom Directory
KTLA 5: Email ktla@ktla.com, Cindy Von Quednow on Twitter Cindy Von Quednow (@Vonquizu) | Twitter
AZ Central: Email newstips@arizonarepublic.com
ABC 13, KTNV Las Vegas Email 13investigates@ktnv.com, Leah Pezzetti on Twitter Leah Pezzetti (@leahpezzetti) | Twitter
Mohave Daily News: Email bmcmillen@mohavedailynews.com, Breaking News breakingnews@mohavedailynews.com, needlesdesertstar@nwppub.com
San Bernardino Sun: Email jkeating@scng.com
Fox News: Email americasnewsroom@foxnews.com, Travis Fedschum on Twitter Travis Fedschun (@travfed) | Twitter
NTD News: Email Zack Stieber on Twitter Zachary Stieber (@ZackStieber) | Twitter
Inside Edition: Email tips@insideedition.com
People: Email editor@people.com, Joelle Goldstein on Twitter Joelle Goldstein (@joelleg0ldstein) | Twitter
Zach News: Email news.zachnews@gmail.com, Facebook ZachNews
Victorville Daily Press: Email RDeLaCruz@VVDailyPress.com
WLFI 18, Indiana: Email Jordan.Burrows@wlfi.com
Daily Miner: News Tips Contact us / News Tips | Kingman Daily Miner | Kingman, AZ

Last edited:
Wow! PommyMommy, this is so impressive! Barbara, her loved ones and us sleuthers are so lucky to have you on our “team”. It’s very heartwarming to see so much care and dedication. Thank you!!

BBM

Please allow me to assist in providing email addresses. :) I've included the articles published by each outlet because I like to thank them for their reporting and personalize each email according to their article(s). Hope that makes sense. It's late!

Special thanks to @Knox for beginning the list and @Kapua, @?mysterian?, and @dbdb11 for continuing to promote the media nudges on Barbara's thread.

MEDIA CONTACTS

NBC 4, Los Angeles: Email tips@nbcla.com, Jonathan Lloyd Twitter Jonathan Gonzalez (@JonathanNBCLA) | Twitter
Los Angeles Times: Email tips@latimes.com, Email alexa.diaz@latimes.com, All the people Newsroom Directory
KTLA 5: Email ktla@ktla.com, Cindy Von Quednow on Twitter Cindy Von Quednow (@Vonquizu) | Twitter
ABC 13, KTNV Las Vegas Email 13investigates@ktnv.com, Leah Pezzetti on Twitter Leah Pezzetti (@leahpezzetti) | Twitter
Mohave Daily News: Email bmcmillen@mohavedailynews.com, Breaking News breakingnews@mohavedailynews.com, needlesdesertstar@nwppub.com
Fox News: Email americasnewsroom@foxnews.com, Travis Fedschum on Twitter Travis Fedschun (@travfed) | Twitter
NTD News: Email Zack Stieber on Twitter Zachary Stieber (@ZackStieber) | Twitter
People: Email editor@people.com, Joelle Goldstein on Twitter Joelle Goldstein (@joelleg0ldstein) | Twitter
Daily Miner: News Tips Contact us / News Tips | Kingman Daily Miner | Kingman, AZ

Wow! PommyMommy, this is so impressive! Barbara, her loved ones and us sleuthers are so lucky to have you on our “team”. It’s very heartwarming to see so much care and dedication. Thank you!!

That is very kind of you to say and you're welcome. However, this is a team effort; many different people posted those articles and dug up email addresses so I can't take credit.

Now, let's get busy! I want to hear the 911 call. I would like a reporter to get clarification from SBCSO as to why Nixle says they were hiking, "approximately 20 miles north of the I-40 freeway" when the command center was at Kelbaker/Hidden Hill Rd.

What would you like them to tell us? :) MOO

I've been wondering about this too. I think that while the initial SBCSO's Nixle summary mentions 20 miles, as soon as 3 days after Barbara disappeared, the Nixle updates start to refer to the Kelbaker Road/Hidden Hills location 6.3 miles north of I-40 where RT apparently said BT disappeared and where they set up their command post to search.

So I wonder whether the initial mention of 20 miles north of I-40 was just an error, or whether might reflect something else. Maybe RT's location when he called them? I have no idea. (I've also tried to figure out whether the Kelbaker Road/Hidden Hills location is 20 miles from some other location they might've used as a reference point, but have come up blank.) MOO.

Do you think that the alleged '360 view photo' may have been taken 20 miles North of the I-40? And she may have been seen in a photo snapped there?

BBM

MEDIA CONTACTS

these will be hearing from me. thank you.

What could have happened in the 5 minutes between the neighbor's sighting at home and the report by VI of Barbara seeming agitated at the kennel? We know they had planned the trip ahead of time so it's not like Barbara was upset because she just learned about it that morning. Did any part of the original plan change at the last minute? Were they packed up and ready to roll and remembered an important, forgotten item?

What could have happened in the 5 minutes between the neighbor's sighting at home and the report by VI of Barbara seeming agitated at the kennel? We know they had planned the trip ahead of time so it's not like Barbara was upset because she just learned about it that morning. Did any part of the original plan change at the last minute? Were they packed up and ready to roll and remembered an important, forgotten item?
How do we know they planned the trip ahead of time? I mean, it seems likely, but I'm not sure we know that. I wonder whether it was their normal practice, when kenneling the dog, to bring Lexie in the morning of a trip (which would save money) or whether they usually brought her in the day before. JMO

How do we know they planned the trip ahead of time? I mean, it seems likely, but I'm not sure we know that. I wonder whether it was their normal practice, when kenneling the dog, to bring Lexie in the morning of a trip (which would save money) or whether they usually brought her in the day before. JMO
Our VI said she told them of the planned camping trip a few days before.

CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

our family in hong kong spoke to her last week... wed i think it.was, and she mentioned.they were going.camping and might be out.of touch for a.few.days

Last edited:
Good point - could easily have been something relatively trivial but still annoying.

MOD NOTE:

I CAN IMAGINE IT MUST BE FRUSTRATING TO HAVE SOME POSTS REMOVED. PLEASE KNOW IT IS FRUSTRATING FOR MODS TOO AS IT IS A TEDIOUS PROCESS, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE ORIGINAL VIOLATING POST IS QUOTED AGAIN AND AGAIN, AND ALL SUBSEQUENT POSTS MUST BE REMOVED AS WELL.

THAT’S WHY OUR BEST ADVICE IS TO READ AND RE-READ THE TOS (TERMS OF SERVICE AKA THE RULES) BEFORE YOU POST TO BE CERTAIN YOU ARE POSTING WITHIN THE WEBSLEUTHS RULES. IT SEEMS TO BE A LESSON IN FUTILITY TO COMPOSE A LONG MESSAGE CONTAINING TOS VIOLATIONS ONLY TO HAVE IT DISAPPEAR BECAUSE IT BROKE WEBSLEUTHS RULES.

OF PARTICULAR NOTE, PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE RULES CONCERNING:
-FACEBOOK/SOCIAL MEDIA
-SLEUTHING FAMILY OF VICTIMS OR FAMILY OF POI/SUSPECTS
-STATING INFO OR POSTING PHOTOS AS FACT WITHOUT A LINK TO VERIFY IT
-BICKERING
-PRIVATE MESSAGES
-BASHING LE

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forums/the-rules.159/

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE/WORD-TO-THE-WISE ANNOUNCEMENT, AND NOT OPEN FOR DISCUSSION ON THE BOARDS.

REMEMBER - POSTING ABOUT MODERATOR ACTIONS IS ALSO A VIOLATION OF TOS.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR BEST EFFORTS TO BE RESPONSIBLE AND RESPECTFUL MEMBERS OF WEBSLEUTHS.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

Just to clarify, according to posts on this thread, if the times reported are correct, BT's reported agitation at the kennel (8:10am) occurred before the neighbor's video (8:15am). But I do hope that LE, if they're investigating this, double-check all clocks, time-stamps, etc. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb