CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, but in real life am a dissertating historian who finds the evolution of probate code quite interesting....
That said, Arizona courts seem to have a lower threshold for approving probate in absentia processes than California courts. A good example of Arizona's leeway is the 2013 disappearance* of Thomas "Keith" Smith (petition approved in 2014)....
---
Here is also a link to a news article comparing two families' negotiations of Arizona's threshold test.
@cantaloupe :) Thanks for your post. snipped for focus
Interesting articles at your links.

Do you think if, big IF, RT was bring an action for ct to declare BT dead and to pursue probate of her estate that he would have a choice of state in which to bring it?
Or was your thought more to point out differences in in absentia probate processes from one state to another? Thx in adv.

I think what is missing overall, is a baseline understanding of RT and what "normal" actions are for him. Maybe he is a bit on the vain side and wants his hair to look all spiffy if he is interviewed again. Maybe he is scared spitless and having his hair spiffy makes him feel a little better.

Or, he could be like a lot of men I have observed who have lost their wives....they panic. They just don't know how to be on their own. Maybe he is already on the hunt for a replacement for his beautiful wife. Does being "in the hunt" make him guilty of anything other than being an insensitive *advertiser censored*s? No, not necessarily. Some narcissistic people (if he *is* one, IDK), see people as quickly replaceable. Guilty, not necessarily - insensitive, you decide.

None of the above, IMO, means anything other than it speaks to a fixation with his hair, and looks. It's a common thing. What makes it uncommon is that his wife is missing, but that doesn't mean he hasn't always been fixated on his "golden" surfer boy locks.

Amateur opinion and speculation

My recollection from posts is that he started dying his hair before Barb went missing.
I’ve said this before. Like a woman who buys a complete set of new lingerie can sometimes indicate an illicit affair.
Or the person will change their music preferences. From rock to country. Or whatever. Clues to a new influence. Or they will change their favorite response from yeah sure to whatever. A minor shift bc they are mirroring the third person’s personal habits in some way.

And ibe of the biggest clues: they bark first. YOU'RE having an affair. Or some other accusation.
Family law. Gotta love it.

Last edited:
My recollection from posts is that he started dying his hair before Barb went missing.
I’ve said this before. Like a woman who buys a complete set of new lingerie can sometimes indicate an illicit affair.
Or the person will change their music preferences. From rock to country. Or whatever. Clues to a new influence. Or they will change their favorite response from yeah sure to whatever. A minor shift bc they are mirroring the third person’s personal habits in some way.

And ibe of the biggest clues: they bark first. YOU'RE having an affair. Or some other accusation.
Family law. Gotta love it.
I had to Google out of curiosity. Check out the pics in the Daily Mail. (I dislike the Daily Mail, but they DO have the best pics.) Cops insist they're examining 'all possibilities' after missing hiker's husband claimed he's suspect | Daily Mail Online

Notice the pic below the one of his daughter, Tracy. His hair is white in that pic. In the more recent pics, his hair is more of a dark blond/light brown. Without knowing what he normally does with his hair, I cannot draw any conclusions, but here you go.

#5 thread

Thanks.

Bringing this forward from Thread #5.

CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

The actual text of the above post, by @rosesfromangels :

Interesting. I just discovered one of my coworkers grew up in Bullhead. He said they used to find all sorts of horrible things out in the desert, and there are “thousands” of mines that go miles deep. His take was that if someone wanted to dispose anything/one down a mine, they would never be found. He characterized the area as a place where many bad things have happened. I have no idea if that is true.
Sigh....

Amateur opinion and speculation

Ugh, she could be in one of these many mines . . .

Last edited:
Which particular area is "dangerous"?
He had a broad sweeping condemnation of Bullhead in general, specifying that the surrounding area was a known “dumping grounds”, and that there were macabre findings in the surrounding desert area. His characterization; take it as one opinion.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

He had a broad sweeping condemnation of Bullhead in general, specifying that the surrounding area was a known “dumping grounds”, and that there were macabre findings in the surrounding desert area. His characterization; take it as one opinion.

Amateur opinion and speculation.
Meh. Bad things happen in good places, and bad things happen in bad places.

Any Special Danger There?
High Desert known for body dumping – San Bernardino Sun
Some perspective on the Mojave “dumping grounds”. One of many such articles
Amateur speculation and opinion
@rosesfromangels :) Thanks for your post and esp the link.
Interesting article from 2013
"If there were to be a cross everywhere someone dumped a body, the desert would look like Forest Lawn,” said Keith Bushey, a former San Bernardino County sheriff’s deputy chief and Los Angeles police commissioner.
“If you want to kill somebody, you’re going to take him some place that’s desolate, and the California desert is just a wonderful place and it’s a secluded place. In addition to all the wonderful things it has to offer, it’s long been a place to dump bodies.”

My take - if someone has decided to:eek: injure, kill or dispose of another person, this part of desert is good dump site for that purpose.
Not saying that hikers/campers are in in special danger by spending time there. And I've seen other articles referring to clandestine drug labs set up there, not so much in past several yrs. imo.
Sorry no links now, but I found them thru thread 4 or 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member