CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO: It’s not the point that underwear and bikini may look identical, it’s about the words “Black bra and underwear” on the DOJ site being used instead of “bikini”. Why is there this disparity in description? Bra and underwear gives an impression of unfinished dressing, while bikini sounds like intentional attire.

Bra and underwear makes my mind go to worrisome scenarios of perhaps BT running out in a rush, in fear or anger. Bikini and beer makes me envision a relaxed woman, enjoying herself. Again, this is just my own thoughts.
My prior post about this was removed for some reason, so I hope I’m not doing anything against TOS by bringing this up again.

RT is being held to a higher standard than those that post.
RT described it as a bikini.
Then it is being labeled as a "lie", as it appears that LE could believe it to be underwear.
Some appear to be hung up on this description. I personally am not.
I doubt LE is either.

Each one of these pictures are "bikinis". There is no "underwear" in the picture I posted.

For @GordianKnot viewing pleasure.

Black Bikini Set - ShopStyle

Then it is being labeled as a "lie", as it appears that LE could believe it to be underwear.
I doubt LE is either.

Each one of these pictures are "bikinis". There is no "underwear" in the picture I posted.

I don’t think anyone said it was a lie? I believe members are frustrated at the changing descriptions from MSM to the 2 missing reports mentioned. Regarding the link, those prices tell me to go shopping for underwear next time I need a bathing suit

ETA: MOO; please correct me if I’m mistaken

Possible LE Observations?

@k-mac :) Thanks for your post. ^ bbm
Can you give us some examples pls? Just hypothetically. Thx in adv.

describing not just physical components, but demeanour, behaviour changes, usually all words conversed and the officers interpretation is documented of the interactions with victims/suspects they encounter.

ie noted sweating when talking about a particular thing but relaxed and good eye contact when describing such and such.

spending 5 hours with RT ,an officer would have been designated to him and observed everything in that time.
whether that supports RT or hinders him I don't know. but I do think its a positive that he was securely kept away from the area under supervision for everybody's benefit. (likely videocam too.)

moo
was correct protocol imo

I think RT said (at the very beginning, when the hat was red) that it was around 12:30 when he got back to the RV and he didn’t see BT. RT “yelled and looked around” then hiked to a cave they had both been to looking for her. He then returned back to the Truck and RV and called 911.
RT didn't give a time in his interviews.
Per dbdb11's sister, RT called 911 around noon.
Per SBCSO, BT and RT were hiking at 2:30 p.m.
Per the dispatch log, the 911 call came in at 3:26 p.m.
@LAhiker :) Hi again. ^bbm in red and ^ sbm
1. You asked about (maybe) driving before RT was able to make MisPers call, indicating a cell service prob. I wondered about cell service being dodgy/lame/non-existent there. Didn't a couple posters go to that site, comment about highway, trail, rocks, and cell service? What did they say? What post #s?
Would there be much variation from one cell provider to another? IOW if our sleuthers w XYZ cell service had great reception, could RT w ABC cell service have had lousy or no reception?

Did some others theorize about RT calling 911, then moving truck & 5er, and returning before LE arrived. As if.... he was doing something suspicious or unusual in the meantime???And if RT needed to explain why he moved vehicles (if he did), he could say - crummy cell service - even it his cell got service there.

2. and 3. later?
@sroad said
<respectfully snipped for focus>

Folks in this thread (haven't been able to read all of it) are asking about cell service. My phone did not work west of Kelbaker road, and barely worked a little ways east of the turnout.

<respectfully snipped for focus>
Yes, service/reception may vary by provider.

Link to sroad's complete post:

CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #2

I doubt LE is either.

BBM:

I didn't see any dudes in bikinis at this link.
I thought you said it was for my viewing pleasure.
Disappointed.

Having said that, I understand your point.
Swimsuit bikinis and bra/undie sets can indeed look remarkably similar.
I do think words matter, and I'm still mystified by the change in description of the type of clothing she was wearing.

It occurs to me that a woman wearing her underwear would be something you'd want to point out in an alert, especially if you thought she'd been abducted, i.e., "She was ONLY wearing a bra and underwear!" vs. "She WAS wearing a bikini...'

It makes her sound even more vulnerable.

JMO.

Last edited:
You don't think anyone has posted what to NamUs? MOO

Barbara's case. At the time I posted, I didn't see it on NAMUS. But her case is on NAMUS (with a black bikini and a red cap). And white hair.

Also, when one clicks on the map in the NAMUS file, the location is wrong.

Anyway, it would have been nice if her last seen location was not shown as downtown San Bernardino (looks like the SB police station - so not Colorado River area). The verbal description is vague, the map has coordinates that are wrong.

Lots of untidiness in this case.

NAMUS was filed on August 1.

(I hope this isn't a duplicate).

Barbara's case. At the time I posted, I didn't see it on NAMUS. But her case is on NAMUS (with a black bikini and a red cap). And white hair.

Also, when one clicks on the map in the NAMUS file, the location is wrong.

Anyway, it would have been nice if her last seen location was not shown as downtown San Bernardino (looks like the SB police station - so not Colorado River area). The verbal description is vague, the map has coordinates that are wrong.

Lots of untidiness in this case.

NAMUS was filed on August 1.

(I hope this isn't a duplicate).
Lol, the maps on NamUs are almost never exact location. Frustrating, for sure, but it's just the general area. Someone explained it to me once but I don't remember why. @Gardener1850 may know. MOO

The OAG is a division of the CA DOJ.

Look at the very top of that page...it's the State of California Department of Justice.
Thanks GordianKnot; I see it now...hopefully justice will prevail for Barbara

<modsnip: Images removed due to no link. All images require a link to source>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think RT said (at the very beginning, when the hat was red) that it was around 12:30 when he got back to the RV and he didn’t see BT. RT “yelled and looked around” then hiked to a cave they had both been to looking for her. He then returned back to the Truck and RV and called 911.

It was around 2:30 when she went missing. So by the time RT hiked to the cave to search for BT and back to the Truck it would have been around 3:30 when he called 911.

'They told me I was being deceptive': Husband of missing 69-year-old bikini-clad hiker admits cops think he's the prime suspect after failing a polygraph as Mojave Desert search enters day 6

I doubt LE is either.

I don’t understand what you mean about higher standard and lies, but, it’s fine.
I won’t continue this line of thinking, as I see the disinterest by many posters. Sorry, all!

Lol, the maps on NamUs are almost never exact location. Frustrating, for sure, but it's just the general area. Someone explained it to me once but I don't remember why. @Gardener1850 may know. MOO

I don't know why they are wrong but I can back you up on that PM. Maps in missing person cases on NAMUS are very often wrong. The map location is usually the pin that Google automatically drops as a default center of town (or center of county) where the missing person report was filed. Unidentified remains cases, on the other hand, are more likely to be a correct location with GPS coordinates. MOO.

The OAG is a division of the CA DOJ.

Look at the very top of that page...it's the State of California Department of Justice.

Interesting... to narrow it down this is the link to the division that handles missing persons within the DOJ in CA. I'm not sure I've seen them referenced in any missing cases I have followed in CA? Anyone who can shed light on this would be appreciated? MOO

California Missing Persons

I don't know why they are wrong but I can back you up on that PM. Maps in missing person cases on NAMUS are very often wrong. The map location is usually the pin that Google automatically drops as a default center of town (or center of county) where the missing person report was filed. Unidentified remains cases, on the other hand, are more likely to be a correct location with GPS coordinates. MOO.
Thank you, Gardener. Wish they'd fix that! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member