Found Deceased CA - Beau Mann, 39, Tech CEO, texted “911” after leaving store, Studio City, 30 Nov 2021 *found deceased 2023*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Agreed with @bears10 - junkie is a derogatory term. I hope people stop using it.

It has already been said by Beau's family extensively that LE has dropped the ball. Them interviewing the Uber driver without making an arrest, or saying that he isn't suspect, doesn't hold a lot of weight for me personally. The facts of the case still stand. That's the last person to see him alive. Beau made a 911 call in the Uber. And, the sketchiest part to me which I have not seen a lot of discussion on, Beau's apartment had surveillance. Uber driver said he dropped Beau off at his apartment. The surveillance was checked, and Beau was *never* dropped off at his apartment.

I'm not speculating the driver was involved at all. I was simply stating that even if they're not involved, I can't see how that person's information wouldn't be important which was stated above. The driver was literally the last person to see him while contacting 911 for help. I will add that I didn't recall LAPD even contacting the Uber driver but I see per the fiancé, the driver was finally interviewed about a month after. Uber hasn't done anything. I can't imagine that being standard operating procedure

In any investigation, information gathered from the last person and place is as routine as it gets (even without the 911). LAPD & Uber failed the basics
Do we know FOR A FACT that the Uber driver was the last person to see him? I don’t know that. Do you?

We can speculate that the Uber driver was involved somehow but we can’t speculate that Beau was using? Why?

Look, as far as I remember, the LE told the family that they checked the Uber driver and he’s not a suspect. As far as I remember, his boyfriend stated Beau had relapsed. As far as I remember, it has been stated that he was involved with someone else. And, as far as I remember, CCTV from that day show a seemingly under the influence Beau.

I don’t think it’s fair or very logical to demand people use facts and not “speculate” but then allow yourself to do the same thing. Doesn’t make a lot of sense. What I remember is that LE not only was able to make contact with the “friend” he was supposed to meet that day but also with the Uber driver. Now what?
I think it's fine for people to speculate that he might have relapsed. However, I think that given the fact that the last known person to see him was an Uber driver, and specifically that a 911 call for help was made while he was in said uber, it is somewhat irrelevant if he relapsed or not, and that needs very thorough investigating. The question I have is, did LE thoroughly investigate this?

Beau's apartment had surveillance. Uber driver said he dropped Beau off at his apartment. The surveillance was checked, and Beau was *never* dropped off at his apartment

(RSSM) Can i get a specific source on this. I do remember it being discussed early on. Where are the surveillance cameras specifically. Unless cameras are pointed towards the street or we specifically know where the drop-off point was, it seems entirely possible that the Uber driver did drop him off but that he was not seen at the apartment.

IMO this comes back to not even agreeing to the basic facts of what happened. It should be straightforward to verify the Uber driver's story, but LE would probably need a warrant for that data.

All MOO.

(RSSM) Can i get a specific source on this. I do remember it being discussed early on. Where are the surveillance cameras specifically. Unless cameras are pointed towards the street or we specifically know where the drop-off point was, it seems entirely possible that the Uber driver did drop him off but that he was not seen at the apartment.

IMO this comes back to not even agreeing to the basic facts of what happened. It should be straightforward to verify the Uber driver's story, but LE would probably need a warrant for that data.

All MOO.
Unfortunately, there is much info that is not in MSM and cannot be discussed here. Answers are on the FB page. That is not where Beau was dropped off according to Uber records.

Sure, I think the Uber driver could possibly offer valuable info on Beau's actions and behavior, which is why LE has already spoken to him. What protocol did he fail to follow? Also, the Uber driver is the last person we *know of* that saw Beau alive - once Beau was dropped off, he certainly could have been with people who haven't come forward for whatever reason.

What reason do we have to think the fiance is lying or misinformed about Beau relapsing? Also, his fiance is a male.

My sister died of a heroin overdose last year, so I understand addiction and relapse way more than I'd prefer. I am all too familiar with the world addicts live in.

We are assuming he relapsed because his fiance SAID HE RELAPSED. I don't think anyone here besides you has referred to him as a "junkie", which is probably because junkie is an insensitive and derogatory term.

Peace out.
I apologize as I do know the fiancé is a male. They didn’t even talk to the uber driver for a month and to my knowledge, barring any other updates Uber hasn’t helped at all.

Do we know FOR A FACT that the Uber driver was the last person to see him? I don’t know that. Do you?

Of course not. He could have been seen by many people. However, unless new information arises, the driver is still the last known person to have been with him. With any investigation, things change as new stuff is uncovered

Also, I would like to apologize for anyone was offended by the term junkie. I've been around people with drug issues all my life and have lost countless friends and family. It's a term that gets thrown around a lot around in my world in the past and currently so maybe I use it too loosely. If I could edit my posts, I would but I'm unable. Either way, I just wanted to let everyone know that it wasn't my intention to be offensive in any manner

Last edited:

I’m a bit confused here…the post here from Beau’s fiancé states “Beau relapsed” but when somebody asks him in the comments if he really relapsed or if that was false information, his fiancé responds “we just don’t know”. The wording of the post and his attempt at clarification in the comments has me really confused about whether the relapse is a fact. The comment also asks if there was definitely a “friend with benefits” or not, and the fiancé responds but doesn’t answer the question.

Sorry if this has already been clarified and I just missed it. Or maybe he’s intentionally being vague, idk. Nothing seems clear to me here.

JMO

All MOO.
I know his mom is who said it, and I will try to find it for you.

EDIT: I found the link and I will message it to you

Last edited:
This is good to hear, I hope it's true.

(1) HelpFindBeauMann | A quick update, I have heard from and continue to hear from the LAPD after all of the OUTSTANDING work and determination of ALL of YOU — which means... | Facebook
A quick update, I have heard from and continue to hear from the LAPD after all of the OUTSTANDING work and determination of ALL of YOU — which means, I believe LE is actively investigating this case now since our Dateline article (special thanks Kyani & Erin Magers
❤️
— Kyani, you are an angel in disguise sent to help Beau’s story get the awareness it needs to find him. You’re a brilliant producer!
❤️
1f64f.png
). All, I wish I had an actual update for you but, not quite yet —the mere fact I’m hearing from LE is awesome knowing things are being worked on now.

I think there are some who would prefer that any information about relapse not be discussed, so that is why you are seeing the conflicting statements. Things are said, people get upset and things are retracted. MOO His fiancé found out about the FWB through MSM just as we all did and is very hurt by this (and the fact that he found out through MSM) and he would rather not talk about. I think that is understandable. He has been very candid about most of this on the FB page.

I am torn between believing mom and believing fiance. They have 2 different FBs for Beau for a reason - which is sad, I feel like if they joined forces it'd be better to work together, right? Mom insists Beau left fiance before he went missing. Fiance insists they were absolutely not broken up.

I think there are some who would prefer that any information about relapse not be discussed, so that is why you are seeing the conflicting statements. Things are said, people get upset and things are retracted. MOO His fiancé found out about the FWB through MSM just as we all did and is very hurt by this (and the fact that he found out through MSM) and he would rather not talk about. I think that is understandable. He has been very candid about most of this on the FB page.
Ah, ok. Thanks!

For me personally, him possibly relapsing matters because it would better explain what was going on that day and the days leading up to it. The possible relapse doesn't mean, to me, that LE should stop looking for him or that nothing bad happened to him.

It's very much possible that someone hurt him, and it's almost guaranteed that something really bad happened to him. Almost 10 months missing doesn't exactly jive with someone who relapsed and doesn't want to be around family/friends because he's using. It's been too long, something bad happened to him.

I’m a bit confused here…the post here from Beau’s fiancé states “Beau relapsed” but when somebody asks him in the comments if he really relapsed or if that was false information, his fiancé responds “we just don’t know”. The wording of the post and his attempt at clarification in the comments has me really confused about whether the relapse is a fact. The comment also asks if there was definitely a “friend with benefits” or not, and the fiancé responds but doesn’t answer the question.

Sorry if this has already been clarified and I just missed it. Or maybe he’s intentionally being vague, idk. Nothing seems clear to me here.

JMO

Agreed. The fiancé stated, "Not sure he was even using drugs, we just don't know. If he was, I think he would have been found by now which also makes me lean more toward foul play." in post 269

I am torn between believing mom and believing fiance. They have 2 different FBs for Beau for a reason - which is sad, I feel like if they joined forces it'd be better to work together, right? Mom insists Beau left fiance before he went missing. Fiance insists they were absolutely not broken up.
You are right, it would be better to join forces. I don't think that is possible at this point sadly. I have never seen anything where mom insists Beau left fiancé before he went missing besides the MSM article stating Beau had recently ended a relationship. I have seen text messages from Beau to fiancé' talking about wanting to adopt children together, just days before he went missing. So it seems, if Beau told his family this, he neglected to tell his fiancé.

For me personally, him possibly relapsing matters because it would better explain what was going on that day and the days leading up to it. The possible relapse doesn't mean, to me, that LE should stop looking for him or that nothing bad happened to him.

It's very much possible that someone hurt him, and it's almost guaranteed that something really bad happened to him. Almost 10 months missing doesn't exactly jive with someone who relapsed and doesn't want to be around family/friends because he's using. It's been too long, something bad happened to him.
I think we can all come to a logical conclusion on the relapsing part. Especially those of us that read the blog. Whether the family wants to announce it or not, it seems pretty obvious. My fear is that LE assumed he was off on a drug binge and would return shortly and didn't take this seriously. It's been 10 months. It's highly unlikely he is going to return alive. No bank account access, no phone use, nothing nada zilch. So, what happened to him? Drug OD and someone disposed of his body? Self-harm? If so, where is his body and how did he get there? He was known to use Uber and Lyft and those accounts have been checked and nothing after the 911 call. Foul play? Certainly possible. If so, who what when where and why? I just keep coming back to the last known place he was known to be alive was inside that grey uber AND his last phone communication was a call for help via the uber app/911. That cannot be disregarded as not relevant.If he made it to his destination wouldn't someone have seen his face and come forward by now and said oh ya I saw that guy get out of a grey van or I saw him walking down the street or standing on the street corner. It is such a busy place with people out and about everywhere at 2pm in the afternoon. Also, why did the Uber driver not do any more rides the rest of that day and several days after that? He first said he dropped Beau off at his apartment. Then the family got access to Beau's Uber records which showed the destination changed mid route from the apartment to a location in Santa Monica. They brought this to LE attention and when Uber driver was asked again, he does not remember. It's all just a bit suspicious to me and warrants a thorough investigation IMO. I think the one thing the family and fiancé can agree on is that LE has not been thorough in their investigation and assumed Beau was voluntarily missing and would resurface quickly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vetiversailles
Back