Found Deceased CA - Beau Mann, 39, Tech CEO, texted “911” after leaving store, Studio City, 30 Nov 2021 *found deceased 2023*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Vanished just released an episode about Beau.

Beau Mann Part 1: The Grid

They just released Part 2 three days ago. Has anyone had a chance to listen yet?

Last edited:
They just released Part 2 three days ago. Has anyone had a chance to listen yet?

Just listened to these after seeing your post. They're really good and seem to have a few chunks of info that I'd not heard before. It's also really good to hear more about who Beau is. MOO, but a thought popped into my head about that UBER he took. The visit from his friend, the alleged dealer, the night before might mean BM relapsed. That might explain the slightly chaotic following day where he took a few Lyft rides, no one seems to know why or what he was doing, his backpack was open and spilled his belongings out, the strange mix of items he bought eg cleaning supplies, ice. So I'm thinking he got into the UBER, a bit messy and clumsy, maybe his laptops and equipment were on show, maybe he had drugs on him, possibly cash too. Maybe he didn't make it to the destination - possibly attacked due to him being in a vulnerable state or possibly OD'd and his expensive belongings were kept to sell on. I know that's a lot of maybes and might seem farfetched to think someone would hurt/kill/get rid of a person just for their belongings but it does happen. A crime of opportunity perhaps?

'A crime of opportunity is a crime that is committed without planning when the perpetrator sees that they have the chance to commit the act at that moment and seizes it. Such acts have little or no premeditation.'

I don't intend to cause any offence, just a thought I had when listening to the podcast linked above. Hope B's loved ones have answers soon
MOO

In the Unfound podcast episode there is discussion between Ed and Beau's mom about how Beau used Lyft and Uber alternately on the day he went missing. Why would a person do that? Is that a thing? Having never used either I have no idea.
Sometimes one charges a little less than the other, or one has more drivers active and thus a quicker pickup time. I use them both interchangeably and according to speed/price.

Just listened to these after seeing your post. They're really good and seem to have a few chunks of info that I'd not heard before. It's also really good to hear more about who Beau is. MOO, but a thought popped into my head about that UBER he took. The visit from his friend, the alleged dealer, the night before might mean BM relapsed. That might explain the slightly chaotic following day where he took a few Lyft rides, no one seems to know why or what he was doing, his backpack was open and spilled his belongings out, the strange mix of items he bought eg cleaning supplies, ice. So I'm thinking he got into the UBER, a bit messy and clumsy, maybe his laptops and equipment were on show, maybe he had drugs on him, possibly cash too. Maybe he didn't make it to the destination - possibly attacked due to him being in a vulnerable state or possibly OD'd and his expensive belongings were kept to sell on. I know that's a lot of maybes and might seem farfetched to think someone would hurt/kill/get rid of a person just for their belongings but it does happen. A crime of opportunity perhaps?

'A crime of opportunity is a crime that is committed without planning when the perpetrator sees that they have the chance to commit the act at that moment and seizes it. Such acts have little or no premeditation.'

I don't intend to cause any offence, just a thought I had when listening to the podcast linked above. Hope B's loved ones have answers soon
MOO

I agree with the essence of what you are saying— he was in a vulnerable state and was victimized, either through assault or tainted drugs/overdose.

I’m really suspicious of the Uber driver.

In the Unfound podcast episode there is discussion between Ed and Beau's mom about how Beau used Lyft and Uber alternately on the day he went missing. Why would a person do that? Is that a thing? Having never used either I have no idea.
I’ve done this, if one is cheaper than the other at the time requested.

The third episode is available today. I haven’t listened yet:

If you are a member of HelpFindBeauMann on FB (the one run by Jason, NOT Help Find Beau Mann FB page), you might want to read the most recent update. Not sure I can post the link here. Unfortunately, there is a very sad update.I’ll report my post to see if I can post the link.

If you are a member of HelpFindBeauMann on FB (the one run by Jason, NOT Help Find Beau Mann FB page), you might want to read the most recent update. Not sure I can post the link here. Unfortunately, there is a very sad update.I’ll report my post to see if I can post the link.
If the latest post there is found to be true - and I have no reason to believe they’d officially share anything that isn’t / wasn’t - it seems Beau was found in or near the yard/property/area of where he was dropped off at by the Uber driver. Beau was taking one of his own deepest struggles and truly trying to make the world a better place with Sober Grid; the episodes from The Vanished podcast have done a great job in peeling back the layers of his life and those around him. Thinking of Beau’s family, Jason, their friends and all those who used and were helped by Sober Grid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vetiversailles
Back