Found Deceased CA - Beau Mann, 39, Tech CEO, texted “911” after leaving store, Studio City, 30 Nov 2021 *found deceased 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For some reason I hadn't put the pieces together and realized how close the Berkeley Street address is to where Beau was found. It's literally 1.5 blocks down a back alleyway.

I can only see a few possibilities, and I don't mean to accuse anyone with these possibilities. Either the Uber driver used the Berkeley Street address as an excuse to dump Beau at the location where he was found; something happened at the Berkeley Street address and someone else dumped Beau at the location where he was found; or Beau knew about the abandoned buildings down the alleyway and made his way there himself, with the end result being his death at that location.

It seems unlikely that Beau would have randomly stumbled onto a random abandoned property in the mid-afternoon of a random Tuesday. But stranger things have happened.

If Beau was having a relapse and felt the urgent need to use again, why didn't he just head home and do it in the privacy of his own apartment?

I'm not sure what lead him to ending up in the yard of an abandoned property down a back alley of Santa Monica Blvd.

If LE doesn’t suspect foul play, I imagine they don’t think the body was moved there. So people were just hanging out right next to the body this whole time, without noticing it?
I know, I can hardly believe it.
There are apartments across the other side of the alley, it's just a few yards wide. Not far across at all.

<modsnip: Ethnicity and immigration status has no place in this discussion>

Last edited by a moderator:
Part 4 of The Vanished Podcast about Beau came out yesterday.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> The conditions in that video were just horrendous and disgusting. But a search should've still been done. I mean, it's just four minutes away from where he was last seen! And the fact that it's an abandoned area makes a search even more necessary.

A theory I stumbled upon at the HelpFindBeauMann site wondered what if Beau's SoberGrid alarm went off from this area, alerting Beau that someone nearby was in danger of relapsing? Beau could've gone to help and then something happened to him there.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. I've read that Fentanyl can make you fearful and paranoid. If he took it (or some other substance), maybe he thought he was being followed and decided to hide in the abandoned area where he eventually OD'd and died.

Great observation. The Vanished Podcast Part 4 did touch on how a specific drug (not sure I can mention it here) had affected Beau in the past and described how some of his actions that day fit the pattern. Heartbreaking to listen to his loved ones talk about Beau now that we know he is gone.

The obvious answer seems to be that he didn't have any inventory. IMO
If Beau was having a relapse and felt the urgent need to use again, why didn't he just head home and do it in the privacy of his own apartment?

I'm not sure what lead him to ending up in the yard of an abandoned property down a back alley of Santa Monica Blvd.
If he had relapsed, and was having serotonin syndrome (which this sounds like) from using meth, it would explain both the odd 911 call and him ending up in the yard of an abandoned property. My ex posted a 911 alert on FB when he relapsed saying I was trying to kill him in a completely delusional state. He was very concerned about shadow people and then holed up outside in a random spot naked. A neighbor saw him and called 911. He was taken to the hospital with serotonin syndrome as a diagnosis caused by meth use.
Strangely enough both of us had contact with Beau during that time in 2017 as we were creating an app with some overlap. In any case, I think that is the most likely thing that happened and have thought that since the beginning, although I suppose anything is possible. Relapse can be and often is fatal for people in recovery as it only gets worse every time you do. I'm glad at least his body has been found

I know, I can hardly believe it.
There are apartments across the other side of the alley, it's just a few yards wide. Not far across at all.

<modsnip: Ethnicity and immigration status has no place in this discussion>
Parts of Santa Monica are run down, but it's overall a relatively expensive place to live, including the run down parts. That's not even in the "bad" area of Santa Monica. Fair to assume most neighbors speak English and have relatively well-paying jobs. If you look a few blocks north, you'll see Montana Avenue. That's the border of quite possibly the most expensive neighborhood in LA per square foot - like $1,500 per sq ft.

Here's a place currently for sale very close to where he was found - 1542 Yale St, Santa Monica, CA 90404 - 3 beds/1.5 baths

Looking at the map, my ballet school is just a few blocks from there. Crazy to think about.

Parts of Santa Monica are run down, but it's overall a relatively expensive place to live, including the run down parts. That's not even in the "bad" area of Santa Monica. Fair to assume most neighbors speak English and have relatively well-paying jobs. If you look a few blocks north, you'll see Montana Avenue. That's the border of quite possibly the most expensive neighborhood in LA per square foot.

Looking at the map, my ballet school is just a few blocks from there. Crazy to think about.
100% Santa Monica is an expensive beach city, even neighboring Venice has become super expensive! <modsnip>

For some reason I hadn't put the pieces together and realized how close the Berkeley Street address is to where Beau was found. It's literally 1.5 blocks down a back alleyway.

I can only see a few possibilities, and I don't mean to accuse anyone with these possibilities. Either the Uber driver used the Berkeley Street address as an excuse to dump Beau at the location where he was found; something happened at the Berkeley Street address and someone else dumped Beau at the location where he was found; or Beau knew about the abandoned buildings down the alleyway and made his way there himself, with the end result being his death at that location.

It seems unlikely that Beau would have randomly stumbled onto a random abandoned property in the mid-afternoon of a random Tuesday. But stranger things have happened.

It seems to me that it’s likely that Beau did wander randomly. If he’d wandered to a well-traveled property, his body would have been reported to the police immediately, there would have been no mystery, and most of us here would never have heard of him. Such cases happen on a daily basis. We don’t hear of them.

MOO

One of the most interesting things to me is that there is no mention of having found his phones and personal belongings.
In theory, it's likely that if the site he was found in was traversed at all, it was probably by transients.
And I hate to say it, but a ton of transients that venture and settle into abandoned private property in CA are dependent on some sort of illicit substance.

I would think it is fairly possible that some transients may have remained willfully ignorant about Beau's remains, yet appropriated his belongings for monetary gain - MOO.

One of the most interesting things to me is that there is no mention of having found his phones and personal belongings.
In theory, it's likely that if the site he was found in was traversed at all, it was probably by transients.
And I hate to say it, but a ton of transients that venture and settle into abandoned private property in CA are dependent on some sort of illicit substance.

I would think it is fairly possible that some transients may have remained willfully ignorant about Beau's remains, yet appropriated his belongings for monetary gain - MOO.
I think that's quite possible.

maybe a dealer told him to meet them there

We know that Beau suddenly and inexplicably changed his destination from his apartment in Brentwood to the address in Santa Monica. We don't know if he was actually going to that address, or was using it as a convenient drop-off point to go somewhere else. We also know that Beau's phone called 911 using the Uber app, but we can't be sure it was deliberate. Additionally, we know his phone was turned off soon afterwards, preventing contact by 911 and also any further tracking of his location. That was presumably deliberate, though we can't be sure who did it.

All together, those things suggest something was happening to Beau that was quite sudden and unexpected.

I apologize if this is known and I've somehow missed it, but do we know if the destination was changed before or after the 911 call? The order of those two things might be important.

If Beau was OD'ing or something of that nature, my thinking is that he might have initially called 911 before changing his mind and asking to be taken somewhere he thought he could get help. If he knew of a drug den near the Berkeley Street address, he might have thought he could get Narcan there, for example.

The only puzzling thing about that theory would be the Uber driver. If you've got someone OD'ing in your car, I presume you're going to notice and remember.

Wasn't Beau's partner posting in this thread? I realize he's going through a very difficult time right now but it'd be great to hear from him.

He has been posting some on the HelpFindBeauMann (no spaces) FB page, though it would be great to hear from him here. He just posted this article with interesting information including Beau’s death is now being investigated as a possible homicide:

“Authorities have not disclosed further details about the circumstances that led up to Mann’s death, but Santa Monica Police Lt. Erika Aklufi said that it is being investigated as a possible homicide and that he had texted 911 but didn’t respond to authorities’ attempts to follow up”

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber
Back