Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something has been niggling in the back of my mind about the friend saying he returned to the park at 4 am to look for Blaze. It's been determined that there isn't any surveillance cameras there. So, what proof do they have, other than the word of Blaze's friend, that he actually went back to look for him at 4 am? Or are they taking this friend at his word? What was he doing inbetween the time he left the park and 4 am?

Also, has there been any updates about the body found burned in a park over an hour and a half away? I know it was found on fire the next morning (strange, isn't it?), but if someone harmed him, maybe they were waiting for early morning far away to dispose of his body, if that is him? I haven't read any updates on the body found in the trunk burned beyond recognition, but it has been bothering me since we heard about this and I was wondering if there is any more information available.

Also, I can't get past this third friend that Blaze was supposed to meet in the park. I know that I read in an article in the very beginning of this case that they said that the friend that drove him said they were meeting a mutual friend in the park. Was that false, or is that still a possibility? If so, where is this friend and why haven't we heard anything more about him?

bbm IIRC it was found two days later, not the next morning. Blaze disappeared Tue night, the car was found burning Friday morning at around 5am. I try to find a link.

ETA:
A man was killed, and then his body was stuffed into the trunk of a car and burned it on an Angeles National Forest road.

The grisly discovery was made at 5:45 a.m. Friday, on Big Tujunga Canyon Road at mile marker 4.88, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
Deputies from the sheriff’s Crescenta Valley Station responded to a reported car fire at the location and found a late-model Chevrolet fully engulfed in flames.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/01/06/body-in-burning-car/

bbm
The car was found still burning Friday morning. It couldn't have been set on fire in the night Tue-Wed.

That ended the whiting ranch search but LE are still on the case following the clues and leads. My guess since dogs didn't pick up BB scent that he wasn't there in the first place and they are going a different direction. Perhaps they are focusing on this friends activities that night and if what he is saying about the timeline and events that took place line up.

I think he used his friend as a driver, do grindr meet ups ever do that? Have a driver for protection? He left his wallet so he couldn't get robbed. He knew what he was doing was risky.....he probably had a burner phone so his number couldn't be traced back to his home. The kids is smart, I think he was taking precautions for good reason

Hi all, first post. Been praying for BB safe return. NBC is reporting they called off the search. Why would they do this?https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nb...upenn-student-who-vanished-california-n835916

Did they hear from Blaze, hopefully?

Evidence found elsewhere and an arrest is coming?

Hopefully not this, but.....Blaze was the victim in the trunk burned beyond recognition?

I still wonder why they don't give at least a description of the car the friend drove, in case someone saw them drive by that late at night. They're protecting this person carefully, but why?

Hi. This is my first post. I started following this case because it’s semi local. I wanted to post on the FB page but the family seems to sensitive and secretive.
From that page it seems the “friend” who drove him to the park is a girl. There is also a post by Lily claiming to be his best friend so maybe it’s her. Two posters have also stated he is in a FB group called SoCal Boys which looks like a group for gay men in the area who get together for events. Another poster has said Blaze is on Grindr a gay dating app. He seems to be a creative and witty kid who went to a performing arts high school and likes writing and cooking. I believe his family or extended family are prominent in the Jewish community in the OC. I find his family to be a bit too secretive. They want to have the public help them but without releasing the most needed details-
I.e. what kind of meds was he on - emotional issues, health issues, why didn’t he have his phone, what’s the girls name Who drove him, what’s her story, was Blaze dealing with sexual orientation issues. His mom and Dad seem put together well for the cameras and his dad has said Blaze was going to be a pre med major which seems ambitious for a creative type. IS this a home where appearances are more important than real life teen ager issues - ivy leager dealing with being gay and not perfect in a rich Jewish subuarb? I do find it odd the parents are withholding so much information that could help with the search and that most the moderators seem concerned about not offending them - they should not be the focus here - their son should. They have not offered a reward or wanted help in searching for their son and are secretive. My two cents.

I've been following the FB religiously can you let me know where to find the driver was a girl? I know BB and Lily are very good friends but I've never seen anything saying the driver was a girl.

Hi. This is my first post. I started following this case because it’s semi local. I wanted to post on the FB page but the family seems to sensitive and secretive.
From that page it seems the “friend” who drove him to the park is a girl. There is also a post by Lily claiming to be his best friend so maybe it’s her. Two posters have also stated he is in a FB group called SoCal Boys which looks like a group for gay men in the area who get together for events. Another poster has said Blaze is on Grindr a gay dating app. He seems to be a creative and witty kid who went to a performing arts high school and likes writing and cooking. I believe his family or extended family are prominent in the Jewish community in the OC. I find his family to be a bit too secretive. They want to have the public help them but without releasing the most needed details-
I.e. what kind of meds was he on - emotional issues, health issues, why didn’t he have his phone, what’s the girls name Who drove him, what’s her story, was Blaze dealing with sexual orientation issues. His mom and Dad seem put together well for the cameras and his dad has said Blaze was going to be a pre med major which seems ambitious for a creative type. IS this a home where appearances are more important than real life teen ager issues - ivy leager dealing with being gay and not perfect in a rich Jewish subuarb? I do find it odd the parents are withholding so much information that could help with the search and that most the moderators seem concerned about not offending them - they should not be the focus here - their son should. They have not offered a reward or wanted help in searching for their son and are secretive. My two cents.

:welcome:

That ended the whiting ranch search but LE are still on the case following the clues and leads. My guess since dogs didn't pick up BB scent that he wasn't there in the first place and they are going a different direction. Perhaps they are focusing on this friends activities that night and if what he is saying about the timeline and events that took place line up.

It’s just interesting that they found zero clues of him in his “last known” location. Not a scent or anything. It seems that LE is definitely being very calculated in their reporting and it’s sounding like suspicion is growing on their part.

I am going to have a look. I was asked to join the fb page from day 1 so maybe it has been taken down but it’s definitely been up that it was a girl.

This is what I actually think too. But set up for what?

I have no idea.....but after seeing the film Taken last night, and being involved in the Sydney Loofe case...my imagination is on overdrive.

My best hope is that he was overwhelmed at school, does not want to do pre med, and wants to be a writer. Took off to think...
parental pressure and expectations etc..

It’s just interesting that they found zero clues of him in his “last known” location. Not a scent or anything. It seems that LE is definitely being very calculated in their reporting and it’s sounding like suspicion is growing on their part.

I wonder if they had the dogs search their yard?
Have they searched this friend's car and place of residence?

Do we know if Blaze was home for last summer break?
This winter holiday break from school may have been his first time back from school this year. Unless he was home for Thanksgiving.
Just thinking if Blaze was dealing with a break up or ex.
For some reason my mind goes to an older family friend that Blaze or the friend didn't want found out.

Also, I'm hoping authorities in PA are looking into his laptop/devices, wherever they are, as Blaze will be moving to his new apartment and they could be in storage.

Also, check his University email as to last time accessed.

I am going to have a look. I was asked to join the fb page from day 1 so maybe it has been taken down but it’s definitely been up that it was a girl.

Ok because I saw a few posters who thought BB had texted a girl but in fact the driver was a male. Even when the parents did an interview on the news they said he picked BB up after he texted him the address. Lily is his good friend she would already have his address.

I have no idea.....but after seeing the film Taken last night, and being involved in the Sydney Loofe case...my imagination is on overdrive.

My best hope is that he was overwhelmed at school, does not want to do pre med, and wants to be a writer. Took off to think...
parental pressure and expectations etc..

I had mentioned earlier the movie kidnapped with Mel Gibson. It is actually called Ransom. But ikwym about our imaginations going into overdrive after watching a movie.

Did they hear from Blaze, hopefully?

Evidence found elsewhere and an arrest is coming?

Hopefully not this, but.....Blaze was the victim in the trunk burned beyond recognition?

I still wonder why they don't give at least a description of the car the friend drove, in case someone saw them drive by that late at night. They're protecting this person carefully, but why?

I think they are keeping the driver's identity private because people would look him or her (I'm not even sure about the person's sex anymore) up on social media and...well, we know what can happen. Also, the police knows by now that most of us the public are questioning the driver's story, thinking that (s)he was involved in the disappearance, so it's the best option for now to keep it private.

At this point we really don't know if we have any truths re BB missing, except that he is missing. Hope LE has a lot more to go on than what we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member