Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they might be being coached by their family attorney and LE. I can't remember her name.

I would be crying uncontrollably if it were my sons. I'm not that calm.

I thought the same thing, I found the photo of them at the park odd, even the pose. Just seemed, I dunno, staged?

And the female attorney friend, who was making statements to the press just as the story was first being reported.

But if you did not want to be seen, 5 minutes would work, wouldn't it?

The yellow pins suggest a path from the parking lot to the shopping center. If you left the parking lot running towards the trail head you would also be taking the path towards the shopping center, wouldn't you? Also note, the dark green area to the left is the trail. It appears to have many places you could hypothetically leave the trail and hike uphill to the neighoborhood. Just a thought.

attachment.php

The dark green area along the top left is Whiting Ranch where Borrego trail is located. But what you can't see is the topography. Whiting Ranch sits in a canyon between two housing developments. If you were in the center of that canyon, on Borrego trail, you'd have to climb pretty steep hillsides through thick brush to get to the neighborhood.

But if you did not want to be seen, 5 minutes would work, wouldn't it?

The yellow pins suggest a path from the parking lot to the shopping center. If you left the parking lot running towards the trail head you would also be taking the path towards the shopping center, wouldn't you? Also note, the dark green area to the left is the trail. It appears to have many places you could hypothetically leave the trail and hike uphill to the neighoborhood. Just a thought.

attachment.php

:tyou:

:bow:

AND :welcome6: prue!!!!

:blushing:

Where is Blaze?

Something is very odd to me about the third person who was allegedly waiting for him at the park. There is a huge silence around this person. By my logic, the third person obviously didn't teleport him/herself to the other end of the park. Somehow (s)he went there either with a car, uber or on foot. There are numerous buildings around with cameras (including a gas station ), so that person must have been recorded by at least one. The police knows the approximate timeline if the driver is telling the truth. Now, if the police would know, or would suspect someone then I'm pretty sure they would ask for public help to identify the person, the car etc. But nothing. It's been 7 days now, so by now they had all the time and permission to watch the footage recorded by security cameras. If he's not in the park and they didn't have any sign, evidence of him being there, was there really a third person? Or was there really a third person in the way the driver friend is saying? I'm more and more convinced that the park story is a cover up.

I had the same thought and shared a similar theory in Thread #1: 2 drivers, 2 vehicles, premeditated. Except my theory was built around the burned-out vehicle on Big Tujune Rd. and included the park. I still think 2 drivers, 2 vehicles, premeditated is plausible.

I thought the same thing, I found the photo of them at the park odd, even the pose. Just seemed, I dunno, staged?

And the female attorney friend, who was making statements to the press just as the story was first being reported.

It is very strange how well they keep their composure and very calm. I would be a wreck to say the least even when my boys were young and late getting home I would start to become un glued and go out looking for them [emoji30]

If there was a 3rd person, which I don't think there was, the person either had to live close-by and walk into the park, get dropped off by someone else, park at the park (but then the friend could say there was another car there), or park down at the shopping center/Whiting Ranch entrance and walk up the hill. I don't think there are any cameras that would pick up someone walking up and down the path, but I can take a look when I go by there today. The shopping center is pretty well traveled, even at 11:00 at night. It would be hard to track down cars going in and out of there.
Or be in the car with the driver from the start.

If I were at Borrego Park and wanted to get home without being seen, by cameras or people, I still wouldn't go through Whiting Ranch. It is super dark, there are trails that lead in all directions, there are animals in there, it is easy to get lost, especially at night. If I wanted to get home, I'd go through the school or down to the shopping center and up Bake Parkway.

Just a couple things I’ve noted.
First, is it usual for parents to track their 19 year old adult son via gps? This seems quite intrusive and shows either a lack of trust or extreme worry from his parents.
Second, if at that age I was tracked by my parents I would probably do what I could to get away from it!
Just MOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were they actually tracking him or was he just saying they could use the so to do so?

I think parents today are much more involved with their kids than earlier generations. Some colleges have to make clear that parents aren't allowed to correspond with professors and get info about their kids, and colleges are trying to adapt to the constant monitoring and interference.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/527097/

So i don't think it would be unusual if they kept tabs on him.

But you know, PetDetective, even though it's the LA Times, that could be a typo. Nowhere else in her quotes does she reference him that way, only once.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-bernstein-search-20180108-story.html

And just before that one, she's using present tense. Maybe it was just a natural speech slur, maybe a typo...or maybe she's thinking Penn won't let him go back to school there when he returns. Maybe it's his student status she's referencing there, like she's accepted BB won't be going back to the Ivy League.

In her video interview she used the past tense a lot.

If I were at Borrego Park and wanted to get home without being seen, by cameras or people, I still wouldn't go through Whiting Ranch. It is super dark, there are trails that lead in all directions, there are animals in there, it is easy to get lost, especially at night. If I wanted to get home, I'd go through the school or down to the shopping center and up Bake Parkway.
Unless I were being pursued?

Still no update on identity of the burned body in LA. Did anyone else find anything?

Let's say he was meeting a 3rd person and the person turned out to be a creep, all he had to do was go to the shopping center or gas station where people would be at that time of night. He wouldn't have gone into Whiting Ranch to hide.

Yes, that brownish colored building is the bathroom.

To end up way down at Alton on the Borrego trail (where your link is) means you'd have to cross some major streets and walk through shopping centers or industrial areas. It is not a continuous wilderness path.

The school next to the park is an elementary school. Not sure if he ever went to that school. The school has cameras, but it sits a little higher than the park.

BBM Early on there was mention in an article that he had gone to that elementary school.

The sergeant in charge of the investigation said Bernstein walked into the darkness at Borrego Park — which is next door to Foothill Ranch Elementary School, which he attended — and disappeared.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/01/05/missing-student-from-foothill-ranch/

I know we have some locals on this thread, which is excellent! That always helps us understand things a bit better. As many maps as we look at, we can never quite picture everything, especially with not all maps being up to date.

On that note...any locals know if the bathroom building is locked at that time of the night, normally?

Unless I were being pursued?

Even if he was being pursued. The shopping center is right there and would still be fairly populated at that time of night, why not just go there? Voluntarily going into Whiting Ranch at night to get away from someone trying to hurt him doesn't make sense. And meeting IN Whiting Ranch doesn't seem plausible either

I don't have anything new to add. I am just sad, and I feel that Blaze's decisions have led him into an unfortunate situation he did not deserve. People can be very bad, and it's so sad to me that an adorable young man with some much ahead of him may have been taken from us because someone who is selfish and evil. I feel for his parents, and I hope and pray that their handsome finds his way home safely. I'm not optimistic, but until he's found, I will hope hope hope!

Ditto this. There is always hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member