Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also like to know that.

That text....didn't it cause concern about possible foul play, rather than despondency or hint at harming himself?

Regardless, it was worrying.

The thing that I keep coming back to is why the friend came back to the park at 4 am? It just doesn't make sense in any scenario. BB walks off to meet someone, runs off to get away, just isn't there when friend comes out of the bathroom. Friend texts BB a few times and leaves. Then, 5 hours later, thinks "I should go check on him." No. He knows how close BB's house is to the park. If he was meeting a friend, afterward he would have just walked home. If he ran off and was upset, he wouldn't just stay in the park all night. If he just vanished, the friend would have looked for him during the first visit to the park. The ONLY reason to go back to the park is because he needed to retrieve something left behind, clean something up or he knew BB was incapacitated in that park (or was in some way not able to leave the park). Can you all think of any other reason his friend would come back to the park at 4 am?

Because the friend or a friend of the friend who got the 'concerning' text called them?

This has been bothering me too. If said friend knew he was meeting someone for sex (let's say), then Blaze not coming back wouldn't be odd. My only thought and this is probably a stretch is that he told the friend he would text when he needed a ride again .. maybe friend goes home, falls asleep and wakes up and realizes s/he never heard from Blaze and goes to look. Figures he must have walked home and doesn't alert anyone he's missing????

I just don't get why no one is giving more information on the last person to have seen him. There's critical info that just isn't being released!!

I am thinking along the same lines as you. If someone I knew asked me for a ride to have a "booty call" for lack of a better term I would not necessarily be concerned. So maybe he thought damn, Blaze is a jerk, I dropped him off and he couldn't wait for me to go to the bathroom to say bye? So I text him and he does no reply but I don't get concerned because I knew he would he busy. So I go hang with friends or go to sleep. Wake up to pee or whatever at 4am, check my phone, no text back, send a second text, no response, call and it goes to voice mail. Oh *****! Let me drive to the park and see if he is ok. I get to the park, dont find him, realize I am paranoid and he is probably home sleeping so I go on with my life.

Next thing I know the OCSD is at my door asking me questions. I'm young and scared so I don't necessarily tell them everything because it is embarrassing and maybe I am going to get in trouble. LE leave, my parents get me an attorney since my friend is missing, LE is involved, I was the last person with Blaze and Blaze's parents have money an attorney. So I give more info to the police with my attorney's guidance and try and stay anonymous to the public for my and my family's protection.

All just a theory but I am not convinced the friend/driver is responsible. Since his parents have resources and there is a lot of media attention I think obvious scenarios would have lead to Blaze by now. I am trying to think outside the box.

I checked out the OC call outs. It appears there was a disturbance on 1/2 at the shopping center across Borrego Park at around 2am... You can search "OC callouts lakeforest" on Twitter .... probably coincidence, but curious none the less.

Just for everyone’s reference, this is the official OCSD blotter, which lets you filter by area. I consider this more reliable than searching twitter, even though the twitter feeds pull their data from here: http://ws.ocsd.org/blotter/BlotterSearch.aspx

This sounds very plausible to me. Also, if it was a minor, LE is not going to release his or her name. And that's a good thing.

Have they released a photo of what his phone looks like? What type of phone and what case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please stop bringing over Facebook drama.

Facebook it out of control with rumors. You bring those rumors over here and then within minutes those rumors become facts.

We have very good reasons not to allow Facebook.

Final warning.

Tricia

Hopefully someone knows the answers to these questions I have floating around and I can't put together.

1) are we sure the park started off as the destination. Meaning, he is chatting with a friend and they made a plan to go to ??? to catch up. Meanwhile, BB gets a message to meet someone at the park. The driver thinks it's only going to be a minute and decides 'hey, I'm gonna run to the restroom while you meet ??. The driver planned to meet back up and continue on their adventure.

2) further back on this thread, someone thought the bff who recieved the last text message was in PA. Well, if you were in danger wouldn't you call the person who dropped you off. And honestly, if it was a borrowed phone then the last person you spoke with would be at the top of your contacts or messages. At least on my phone it does. Would you have loaded contacts in a borrowed phone? I don't. I have had to do that before and I just messaged people I contact most and say, "I misplaced my phone but this is where you can reach me until ???" Otherwise, he would need his SIM card to have his contacts.

I also don't think he was suicidal at this point. And he is methodical according to his parents. Meticulous thinking, I have a feeling he did not set out to meet someone for sex. I think this is something he couldn't control. MOO of course.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

If the friend is an innocent bystander, so to speak, I could definitely see him going back later after he re-thought his decision to leave. Especially if the driver was a kid BB's age or so. Hindsight is 20/20. Think about it this way...driver friend, if this is all innocent, would have never DREAMED BB wolud vanish from the face of the earth. Sure we read about this stuff, but odds are this person has never known anyone that actually disappeared in his life, so that would not likely be a concern if he was stuck waiting for BB to emerge for a long time. In all reality, I would be a little miffed at first if I was doing someone the favor of a ride/wait and they were taking forever AND wouldn't answer my calls. That is IF I were a 19 year old. I'd probably give up and head home and only after awhile be bothered by it as my imagination ran away with itself. Remember...kids think they and their friends are invincible. Surely nothing would happen to them, it would never cross their minds!

After taking a snooze for awhile, and thinking about it, I might go back just to check if he was hurt or something. If I couldn't find him then I'd figure all was good and go back to bed.
The one thing I do wonder about is; did driver/Old Buddy step forth and contact the parents or LE when he did hear about BB being missing? Or did they have to track him down?
That 'could' be telling, but then again maybe the kid (and I say kid because I've read that this was a high school friend) just got scared when it turned out he was smack dab in the middle of a missing persons case.
Hopefully answers are soon forthcoming.

First ever response- the highschool Blaze attended draws students from across OC. It is not the typical neighborhood highschool. The buddy may have never been to Blazes home, but could have still been friends with him. Hence, the lack of knowing the address. Maybe, the buddy was taking Blaze to pick up someone else at the park to continue the night with 3 friends. He uses the restroom, Blaze disappears. He thinks Blaze is messing around and will eventually meet up at their eventual destination of the night. The buddy leaves, shows up at eventual destination, stays until 4. Realizes Blaze never shows, goes back to park, figures Blaze walked home. Maybe the buddy was secretive because they were up to something that he may not want out to his family or friends.

My daughter went to high school with Blaze. The high school they attended is a commuter high school in which kids from all over the county or other counties attend. Most of my daughter's high school friends did not know her home address, as they mostly saw each other at school since they lived too far apart to see each other after school or on the weekends. Also, I didn't know some of my daughter's high school friends, and except for one of her friends, I did not have their contact info, and they did not have mine.

Knowing this, it completely makes sense to me that the guy (high school friend from what I have read) who picked Blaze up did not know his home address. It also makes sense to me that the parents did not know who this guy was or had any contact info for him.

Personally, I think this guy did what Blaze asked him to do which was drop him off at this park, and after Blaze disappeared and did not most likely respond to this guy's texts, he became worried and eventually returned to the park at 4am to see if he could find Blaze. My theory is that Blaze is a victim of a Grindr hook up gone bad with whomever he was meeting at this park.

I'd like to address the HS friend and his seemingly multiple stores of what happened in the park. I don't think it's the friend changing stories, I think it's media changing the stories for whatever reason.

Remember, all three versions of the events in the park are coming to us from media sources, not LE or Blaze's parents. What has LE and/or Blaze's parents said about the park? What version of events is LE giving? I think that is the version we should be sticking too, not what the media is reporting. Just throwing in my two-cents.

If the friend is an innocent bystander, so to speak, I could definitely see him going back later after he re-thought his decision to leave. Especially if the driver was a kid BB's age or so. Hindsight is 20/20. Think about it this way...driver friend, if this is all innocent, would have never DREAMED BB wolud vanish from the face of the earth. Sure we read about this stuff, but odds are this person has never known anyone that actually disappeared in his life, so that would not likely be a concern if he was stuck waiting for BB to emerge for a long time. In all reality, I would be a little miffed at first if I was doing someone the favor of a ride/wait and they were taking forever AND wouldn't answer my calls. That is IF I were a 19 year old. I'd probably give up and head home and only after awhile be bothered by it as my imagination ran away with itself. Remember...kids think they and their friends are invincible. Surely nothing would happen to them, it would never cross their minds!

After taking a snooze for awhile, and thinking about it, I might go back just to check if he was hurt or something. If I couldn't find him then I'd figure all was good and go back to bed.
The one thing I do wonder about is; did driver/Old Buddy step forth and contact the parents or LE when he did hear about BB being missing? Or did they have to track him down?
That 'could' be telling, but then again maybe the kid (and I say kid because I've read that this was a high school friend) just got scared when it turned out he was smack dab in the middle of a missing persons case.
Hopefully answers are soon forthcoming.

bbm Yes he was tracked down by the parents who found on a computer or other device that Blaze had been in contact with him that night.

:welcome6: LadeeDi...

Your theory is one for consideration...and undoubtedly shared by more than a few posters or so it seems.

Thanks for joining us and sharing, hope you stick around!

I'd like to address the HS friend and his seemingly multiple stores of what happened in the park. I don't think it's the friend changing stories, I think it's media changing the stories for whatever reason.

Remember, all three versions of the events in the park are coming to us from media sources, not LE or Blaze's parents. What has LE and/or Blaze's parents said about the park? What version of events is LE giving? I think that is the version we should be sticking too, not what the media is reporting. Just throwing in my two-cents.
Not exactly a good mix with the way we micro-mince anything with the "confirmed" label. -- Not being facetious. It can be not only confusing but genuinely stressful.

First ever response- the highschool Blaze attended draws students from across OC. It is not the typical neighborhood highschool. The buddy may have never been to Blazes home, but could have still been friends with him. Hence, the lack of knowing the address. Maybe, the buddy was taking Blaze to pick up someone else at the park to continue the night with 3 friends. He uses the restroom, Blaze disappears. He thinks Blaze is messing around and will eventually meet up at their eventual destination of the night. The buddy leaves, shows up at eventual destination, stays until 4. Realizes Blaze never shows, goes back to park, figures Blaze walked home. Maybe the buddy was secretive because they were up to something that he may not want out to his family

THIS!!!!!!

Remember tha his mother was very concerned that he needed his medications; it has been a week. The leave from school, medical / psychological issues... so worried abiut BB!....he may be very ill now, bring him home. He did not look strong.

QUOTE=misshestermoffet;13855462]Yes! Absolutely. I'm just wondering:

Was he home from a six month leave of absence?

Or was he home for a midwinter break and was there first semester?

I've seen conflicting reports. It's a difference of his location of, say, three weeks, to six/seven months.[/QUOTE]

My daughter went to high school with Blaze. The high school they attended is a commuter high school in which kids from all over the county or other counties attend. Most of my daughter's high school friends did not know her home address, as they mostly saw each other at school since they lived too far apart to see each other after school or on the weekends. Also, I didn't know some of my daughter's high school friends, and except for one of her friends, I did not have their contact info, and they did not have mine.

Knowing this, it completely makes sense to me that the guy (high school friend from what I have read) who picked Blaze up did not know his home address. It also makes sense to me that the parents did not know who this guy was or had any contact info for him.

Personally, I think this guy did what Blaze asked him to do which was drop him off at this park, and after Blaze disappeared and did not most likely respond to this guy's texts, he became worried and eventually returned to the park at 4am to see if he could find Blaze. My theory is that Blaze is a victim of a Grindr hook up gone bad with whomever he was meeting at this park.

Thanks for clearing up what kind of school Blaze attended. Reminds me of my own HS experience. I attended the only Catholic high school in my county, so we drew students from all over it also. With the exception of the kids from my elem school who went on to Holy Ghost with me the rest of my HS friends didn't know my home address since we lived too far apart to really hang out on the weekends and such.

About the medicine...
My guess, and it is only that, is that Mom was told to infer that the meds were critical to him.
IF that had been the case, wouldn't they have classified him Missing/Endangered?
It seems like they try to do that whenever possible, IMO, if a person truly is on meds that are necessary to function, manage diabetes, high blood pressure, blood thinners, etc.

I don't know if I can add anything new to this thread that has't already been discussed but I will try:
I am confused about Blaze's driver friend. Why did Blaze contact him were they close friends from High School.
How much contact did they have with each other since Blaze went away to college.
Did Blaze's parents know driver friend prior to Blazes disappearance.
Has LE confirmed driver friends movements/where abouts on the night in question.
Has driver friend or his family retained a Lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi