Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SW made several references to guns online as well as a reference to wanting to learn torture techniques. I believe more will be revealed in time. He was arrested yesterday.

If you haven't seen them it's because you haven't tried looking. They've been posted numerous times by various people.

I have looked. I've seen the confederate flag (where he defended himself as not a racist) and that he said if he was stranded on an island he would want a gun and a bible. Definitely an edgy conservative teenager, I'm not seeing anything close to Dylan Roof level social media. To be fair the only thing I missed so far was the homophobic internet comments by SW, I have not seen those.

I am, however, a resident in Orange County and have friends who attended that high school. Word travels fast and BB and SW are believed to have had a relationship. Its even mentioned in the MSM that it was a "friendship or relationship", I'll try to find the quote but its from one of the articles in the past 24 hours.

Look you can't deny that saying his social media footprint is comparable to Dylan Roof is disingenuous. You can say that you get that vibe, and apparently you are right thats gays can be charged for a hate crime when trying to use the gay panic defense and getting caught as having premeditated. That is good news, but considering what I've heard from OCSA alumni who knew them both, it seems there was some connection there and it went bad around the time SW was expelled.

Nothing on that page about sexual orientation

If you use that article as a starting point and continue to sleuth, you will accumulate a body of information that starts to paint a picture...none of us can prove or disprove all of the facts from where we each sit, but with open eyes and minds we can gather as much information as possible. Then we use our discerning and open minds to gain understanding.

I find I don't really care what he was or why he did it, such a void, the evil he chose to do. Just his DNA matters and evidence to put him away.

Blaze will always be so much more than his brief life which ended so cruelly but shined so bright. Nothing will change that.

https://pennreviewlitmag.wordpress.com/2016/11/05/picking-marbles-from-dirt-by-blaze-bernstein/

Blaze wrote:

"The decision between brief and attaché or serene and halcyon lies only in the moment.
I’ll sit at my desk and suddenly the story will unfurl its feathers to the world and the showdown starts with a pop and a bang: the devil paying a visit to collect her leather moccasins, a coin trick that makes the world come alive, or a year in the life of a freak show with Electra the eel woman and Crystal the girl with clear skin. These stories get frozen in time and space, colored marbles in dirt waiting for me to pick them out and make them whole."

To me, this is unforgettable writing that will always make people feel more whole, more human.

FHG :heartbeat:

Since he's been named now is it ok for me to post screenshots I grabbed from his ask f m page?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

It's possible they had a romantic relationship. However, as I said, even if they did it doesn't mean it wasn't a hate crime. SW seems to have latched on to some extreme political ideologies and if he is in fact closeted and self hating, I'd think it even more likely he'd kill an ex lover to some how atone for what he sees as a past failings.

As far as his social media footprint goes, it's very early on and there may be much more to it than we have seen. What we do know is he posted pictures of himself with the Confederate flag and made reference to the gay pride flag under that picture, made references to the gun and the Bible and referenced torture. What we do not know is if he had a romantic relationship with Blaze, but again considering what we do know about his social media presence, it will not surprise me if there is a hate crime angle exposed soon.

Is it still confirmed that they have not been able to view the conversation between Blaze and his killer due to SC not keeping records of conversations? If so, why the hell would SW direct that to that park when that is where he had buried him.
Perhaps GPS put him there? Either through the car or phone?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

As quoted in this article, after the arrest, Blaze's Jeanne Pepper Bernstein tweeted: "[FONT=&quot]Revenge is empty. It will never bring back my son. My only hopes are that he will never have the opportunity to hurt anyone else again and that something meaningful can come from the senseless act of Blaze's murder"

[/FONT]Aside from being an admirable sentiment under heartbreaking circumstances, I wonder whether this is an indication that if the charges include 1st degree murder and Woodward makes a plea or is convicted, the family doesn't hope for the death penalty but hopes that Woodward gets life in prison or something similar.

http://abc7.com/suspect-arrested-in-blaze-bernsteins-homicide-investigation/2935615/

That seems to be a given.

Most people do not consent to "meet" someone at a park late at night. In BB's case with SW it may have been for a tryst, or not. There is still a lot of information that needs to come forth in order to understand why BB went to the park with SW late that night. Either way, it sounds like a high-risk meeting. MOO

Maybe BB never went into the park. he could have been killed somewhere else (even a car they were sitting in at Hobby Lobby).....Perhaps he was put there after his death.

You know I've tried all the ocsd dot org links that people have posted and none of them work for me. Maybe cause I'm in Europe?? Always comes up "Page can't be displayed". Oh well.... Thanks for the link anyway!

Niner, the same happens to me -currently working in Bulgaria- I get either the message "Page can't be displayed" or "Not available for your country"- but I do not know the reason why :thinking: I can only watch Youtube videos, SM but very few official documents if posted on a US site.

[QUOTE="newz";13863989]Since he's been named now is it ok for me to post screenshots I grabbed from his ask f m page?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

No, it's not okay on this site. They don't allow the URLs for that site and they don't allow screenshots even from some sites whose URLs can be used. People have posted the link to a Heavy.com page that with links to that site. Let's leave it at that. Otherwise they'll shut down the whole thread for a while.

I have looked. I've seen the confederate flag (where he defended himself as not a racist) and that he said if he was stranded on an island he would want a gun and a bible. Definitely an edgy conservative teenager, I'm not seeing anything close to Dylan Roof level social media. To be fair the only thing I missed so far was the homophobic internet comments by SW, I have not seen those.

I am, however, a resident in Orange County and have friends who attended that high school. Word travels fast and BB and SW are believed to have had a relationship. Its even mentioned in the MSM that it was a "friendship or relationship", I'll try to find the quote but its from one of the articles in the past 24 hours.

Look you can't deny that saying his social media footprint is comparable to Dylan Roof is disingenuous. You can say that you get that vibe, and apparently you are right thats gays can be charged for a hate crime when trying to use the gay panic defense and getting caught as having premeditated. That is good news, but considering what I've heard from OCSA alumni who knew them both, it seems there was some connection there and it went bad around the time SW was expelled.

I did see a comment from SW in the confederate flag discussion to the effect (paraphrasing) that the rainbow flag did not stand for 'fisting' and sexual activities that are fringe. When I first read that, I almost took it as SW self-identifying as gay and implying 'we're not all like that' (or at least it sounded reasonably sympathetic). As with so many elements of this very fresh case, two faces seem to present themselves.

A relationship between the two of them in freshman-sophomore year implies age 14-15, which is really young. Again possible, but I hope some reliable details come out of this for verification, as it could impact the crime of passion vs hate crime debate.

As far as his social media footprint goes, it's very early on and there may be much more to it than we have seen. What we do know is he posted pictures of himself with the Confederate flag and made reference to the gay pride flag under that picture, made references to the gun and the Bible and referenced torture. What we do not know is if he had a romantic relationship with Blaze, but again considering what we do know about his social media presence, it will not surprise me if there is a hate crime angle exposed soon.

I don't see the extreme ideology as clearly as you do, except for the haircut and ability to murder. I guess I didn't see the rainbow flag comments he made, maybe it makes it more clear.

I will say you are right that more information will come out. I've heard that his social media (as well as his brothers) seems to have been scrubbed by a company that does that service for people. However my point is that by comparing him to Dylan Roof, in my mind you're comparing him to someone who posed in photos with firearms and the Rhodesian flag. He believed in things like White Genocide and had a bit of a Charles Manson view of race relations (the belief that a race war in this country is inevitable, in a matter of decades).

I've seen nothing to suggest SW had any of that political ideology. Only that he was republican, something the party of John Wayne or Ronald Reagan, and that he had a dark or edgy sense of humor. I mean, I'm not seeing anything anti-semetic, I'm not seeing anything anti-black, and according to you and others I missed some anti-gay comments he posted.

Unless we start seeing photos of SW posing with guns alongside some really powerful anti-gay rhetoric, there is no way a comparison to Dylan Roof is acceptable or justified (at least based on the currently available evidence)

KEEP THE PEACE
......in our minds....and in our hearts....

The irony of all irony's -- Sam Woodward's hoodie is from the non-profit Keep the Peace whose mission is:

Keep the Peace is a true non-profit that focuses on providing financial aid and/or equipment aid to violent and under served families, organizations and communities. Keep the Peace is interested in helping discover the best ways possible to help find peace in our world, peace in our homes, peace in our communities, peace in our minds and peace in our hearts.

Outdoor activities and athletics is our passion and our way to help finding peace. Join us!!!

There was a reporter claiming Blaze was strangled but I really don't think so. Maybe Sam or someone connected to him started that rumor to make the accidental death theory possible. The fact that they are not going to reveal the condition of the body sends a message to me that it was in bad shape. I think the rumors we see on SM about stab wounds to face, neck and torso are more likely than the strangulation theory. That the murder was fueled by rage and passion seems pretty clear. None of SW's statements to LE show any forethought.

Just my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I heard on the news radio that they're waiting on autopsy to rule on the COD, so I am guessing it's probably something like strangulation; as stab wounds would be obvious.

As quoted in this article, after the arrest, Blaze's Jeanne Pepper Bernstein tweeted: "[FONT=&quot]Revenge is empty. It will never bring back my son. My only hopes are that he will never have the opportunity to hurt anyone else again and that something meaningful can come from the senseless act of Blaze's murder"

[/FONT]Aside from being an admirable sentiment under heartbreaking circumstances, I wonder whether this is an indication that if the charges include 1st degree murder and Woodward makes a plea or is convicted, the family doesn't hope for the death penalty but hopes that Woodward gets life in prison or something similar.

http://abc7.com/suspect-arrested-in-blaze-bernsteins-homicide-investigation/2935615/

I think your wondering may be correct. It's very possible Blaze himself as well as his family were opposed the death penalty and his family is instead hoping for life imprisonment. If someone is convicted of a federal hate crime for a murder it doesn't automatically mean they will be sentenced to death. Sentences vary but it almost always means the person will serve more time than they otherwise would have.

Marking my spot.
Glad to see an arrest ! Feels like a murder out of hate and possible jealousy ?
Hoping for justice for Blaze, he had all of his life ahead of him !!!

prue I think you might have hit the multiquote button by mistake. I keep seeing my post about him being 19 quoted in your replies, I don't mind of course but it's going to need manual deletion from your reply at some point or it might stay there forever :D

Thanks, however leaving it does illustrate the extreme degree imo of conflict and lack of consistency in all the various reporting up til now. Think I'll leave it intact for that reason alone :heartluv:

I still think it might have been auto erotic asphyxiation that went too far or maybe Sam went into a rage after they had sex.
Just my opinion, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member