Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know why Blaze left the house without any of his things like medication or glasses? My theory is that Blaze was trying to help a former friend he got back in contact with, probably sensing he had mental problems, substance abuse or otherwise. Blaze was pre-med and I recall reading he was interested in Psychology, its quite possible he was taking a risk to try and help someone who was hurting.

Another theory is that this was a romantic encounter, or that they had a romantic history. But considering how their lives had diverged so much, I can't see how Blaze would have agreed to meet with him except out of sympathy or in an attempt to help a former friend (it appears they grew apart or had a falling out)

Also people have mentioned that the black hair dye looks a bit emo or goth. others are saying it could be an indication this was a premeditated hate-crime. was Blaze so compassionate he didn't listen to his instincts and tried to help this troubled "friend", against his better judgement?

what I am suggesting is that SW lured BB into hanging out and this may have been premeditated, or that he lured him without premeditating it, it was a crime of passion, but his intentions were not good when he got back in contact with Blaze. that is what i am suggesting.

they just seem like they totally grew apart, one was ivy league the other is telling police his occupation is "nerf games". a psychological disease cannot be overlooked here, but at the same time of course that is no excuse for murder.

He was blonde it looked dark in the picture. LE in his booking info today listed him as blonde. He was also blonde in his last Facebook before it was pulled.

His hair is now coal black. You can see the light blonde of his real color in his haircut during perp walk from the back it blonde underneath.

Look at the Donald Trump looking school photo of him-that's blonde. Compare it to the other pic of him in HS where it's darker. That's clearly darker than the blonde. They're both on the Everipedia link.

CA is dooable to camp year round.

Your right but the timing after he just murdered someone and cops were questioning him and he was most liking web surfing too. Everything combined points to going on the run.

:bump:

This thread is dedicated to discussion of the disappearance and homicide of Blaze Bernstein.

No rudeness, bickering or personalizing. Stick to discussing this case, not racism, slavery, the Confederate flag, hairstyles, left/right, north/south, politics, etc.

Follow The Rules and you'll be okay :)

It could be simply jealousy. Jealous of BB's looks and achievements - he is depicted as having excelled in a few areas and appears to have been popular, well liked and on the move up in life.

One friend moves up and forward and away and the other not so much. One is left behind. One not as social and successful in life and looking to blame someone, like his old friend/lover who betrayed him by leaving.

If SW were a girl and BB her old BF, we could see the pain of rejection and being left behind as a reason for the unexpected violence. Same thing could be here with homosexual exes.

It wasn't hate, it was rejection and abandonment. The biggest motivator of all - matters of the heart.

JMHO

The mugshot and this awful tragedy reminds me of the son in "We need to talk about Kevin", with Tilda Swinton.
Chilling.

I believe they thought he was going to flee so LE said they decided to go ahead and arrest him.

1. Dyed hair black.
2. Rental car
3. Camping and Hiking equipment in the rental car.
4. He knew they were closing in on him

* IMHO he doesn't look like someone who goes camping. We still don't know what kind of gear he had.

Do you have a link for that?

Do we know why Blaze left the house without any of his things like medication or glasses? My theory is that Blaze was trying to help a former friend he got back in contact with, probably sensing he had mental problems, substance abuse or otherwise. Blaze was pre-med and I recall reading he was interested in Psychology, its quite possible he was taking a risk to try and help someone who was hurting.

Another theory is that this was a romantic encounter, or that they had a romantic history. But considering how their lives had diverged so much, I can't see how Blaze would have agreed to meet with him except out of sympathy or in an attempt to help a former friend (it appears they grew apart or had a falling out)

Also people have mentioned that the black hair dye looks a bit emo or goth. others are saying it could be an indication this was a premeditated hate-crime. was Blaze so compassionate he didn't listen to his instincts and tried to help this troubled "friend", against his better judgement?

what I am suggesting is that SW lured BB into hanging out and this may have been premeditated, or that he lured him without premeditating it, it was a crime of passion, but his intentions were not good when he got back in contact with Blaze. that is what i am suggesting.

they just seem like they totally grew apart, one was ivy league the other is telling police his occupation is "nerf games". a psychological disease cannot be overlooked here, but at the same time of course that is no excuse for murder.

At that time of the night? I have to disagree. Why would the two of them have went into the park? They could have talked in the car. I think they went into the park to have sex.

My understanding is that they were classmates, but not “hang out” friends. And that just a couple of years then SW left.

Look at the Donald Trump looking school photo of him-that's blonde. Compare it to the other pic of him in HS where it's darker. That's clearly darker than the blonde. They're both on the Everipedia link.

OC sheriffs lists his natural hair as blonde in booking info. I have a screen grab of his latest FB before unit was taken down and he's definitely blonde. Donald trumps hair looks different shades under certain lighting. In some photos SW looks like a dark blonde.

At this point I ponder if his mother rented the car for him, and if so will she be charged w hindering or attempt to harbor?
According to LE they have someone (SW) in custody related to this crime, no one else. Parents can not control their child's actions. JMO

My eye, they have tied him w DNA.
There is nothing to suggest jealousy. I'm leaning towards hate crime based on his 'leanings.'

OC sheriffs lists his natural hair as blonde in booking info. I have a screen grab of his latest FB before unit was taken down and he's definitely blonde. Donald trumps hair looks different shades under certain lighting. In some photos SW looks like a dark blonde.

His natural hair color is blonde. They always list the inmate's natural hair color.
I am talking about a pic of Sam in school where he's wearing a necktie & his hair is very blonde (he looks like Trump). Can you please post the photo from his fb prior to it being taken down?

Do you have a link for that?

Those items were listed in the affidavit. The DA said he was driving and they decided to arrest him and that he had been under surveillance since the beginning. You can listen to that in the full presser today.

His natural hair color is blonde. They always list the inmate's natural hair color.
I am talking about a pic of Sam in school where he's wearing a necktie & his hair is very blonde (he looks like Trump). Can you please post the photo from his fb prior to it being taken down?

Look on his Everpidia, both photos are there.

It could be simply jealousy. Jealous of BB's looks and achievements - he is depicted as having excelled in a few areas and appears to have been popular, well liked and on the move up in life.

One friend moves up and forward and away and the other not so much. One is left behind. One not as social and successful in life and looking to blame someone, like his old friend/lover who betrayed him by leaving.

If SW were a girl and BB her old BF, we could see the pain of rejection and being left behind as a reason for the unexpected violence. Same thing could be here with homosexual exes.

It wasn't hate, it was rejection and abandonment. The biggest motivator of all - matters of the heart.

JMHO

I said that threads ago and still think that's likely. Rage borne of pain

Well I think it could have been both sexual and sympathy. They had some kind of past friendship, we don't really know if there was more than that. I don't think either were openly gay and people on here claimed to see homophobic comments on social media for SW in the earlier threads. I agree with you that sex seems more likely for going to a park at night (which is illegal I am pretty sure the parks technically close, also sex in public is illegal, but I'm just stating that as a technicality not a value judgement)

I do think that Blaze, being pre-med and interested in Psychology, would have been motivated more by sympathy more than sex. the murder suspect it is possible wanted sex where Blaze did not. there are all sorts of motives, what I am trying to figure out is why did the victim not bring anything with them?

They have been experiencing a lot of rain the last week or so along with mudslides...not camping weather!

Weather is back to being sunny and warm. It usually returns to 'camping weather' pretty fast after a storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257