Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I don't offend anyone with the following.

There's a company in OC that runs Nerf games at childrens' parties.
https://www.nerfpartyoc.com/

And apparently "to be nerfed" can sometimes mean "to receive anal sex." So a "nerf operator" could be someone who likes giving anal sex.

So either Sam works for a company that runs kids' parties, or he likes giving anal sex (and he's not taking the booking situation seriously).

It can also mean v: something that worked at one time, but was changed (usually for the worse) by someone who did not understand that particular thing's usefulness. You used to have something cool, but now your stuff
suxors. Often refers to MMOFPS's or MMORPG's, when the game designers change in-game rules and they screw stuff up.

After reading Sam's old reddit post's a few days ago, I think Sam, like Blaze, had a way with words. In those posts even years ago he displays a highly developed use of irony, especially for a younger teen. Maybe if they were friends this was something they shared even if their views differed. I think Sam may be admitting here he really messed up.

I believe his hair colour is black, like his eyebrows.

No he's a natural blonde. I'm very light natural blonde but there are many shades of blonde. My sister is med blonde but has very dark brown natural eyebrows. He might have darkened his eyebrows as well. I wish they didn't take down his FB you would have seen his most recent haircolor. Even LE brought up today about the change of haircolor.

I am new to the site and don't know the rules. Are you allowed to post a link to the reddit now that the names have been released in the news?

I don't want to talk about the parents in detail but keep in mind that home value isn't always a measure of family net worth, a home in Newport like that could have been inherited from the parents. The victim's father seems to work in finance (private equity, fairly high position too) and was chairman of a local jewish community organization. Its very possible BB's family has a much higher status and standing in society even though they have the zipcode with the lower median home value in comparison to SW.

If you want to speculate you can compare the average incomes of hedge fund managers with the average income of an MFT therapist. Yes she drives a mercedes, no we don't know anything about the father yet, but I wouldn't say that you can say one family is better off than the other at this point. In fact I would be confident to assume that the victim's family is better off, being the chairman of a community organization, whether Jewish or not, is definitely a sign of status and success.

Just because someone has a bigger house doesn't mean they're a more wealthy family. You'd assume so but some families just prefer not spending as much on real estate. I've actually been surprised at how many fairly wealthy people I've met who are more humble and don't care about having a home in the more premium zip codes.

I agree. As an Orange County resident, I can say that most live beyond their means out of pure insecurity to keep up with the Joneses. My father is a successful financial advisor and has always told me that the ones who showboat what they “have” probably don’t have *****. It all stems from insecurity - I’m with you, it’s the OC way.

Looking at it from a nature vs. nurture standpoint, you have what seems to be two completely different kids - ironically, the suspect comes from the family therapist who, as a profession, teaches others how to deal with life and work through their own issues and feelings. Then you have Blaze coming from what seems to be a lovely, accepting Jewish family. It’s all very interesting from a psychological standpoint.

It can also mean v: something that worked at one time, but was changed (usually for the worse) by someone who did not understand that particular thing's usefulness. You used to have something cool, but now your stuff
suxors. Often refers to MMOFPS's or MMORPG's, when the game designers change in-game rules and they screw stuff up.

After reading Sam's old reddit post's a few days ago, I think Sam, like Blaze, had a way with words. In those posts even years ago he displays a highly developed use of irony, especially for a younger teen. Maybe if they were friends this was something they shared even if their views differed. I think Sam may be admitting here he really messed up.

Quite the opposite...he could be stating their relationship did not work because BLAZE did not see SAMS value. Kind of a "see what u missed out on" or even a "I bet you see my usefulness now, huh" type thing.
Funny how you n I thought the same thing, only flipped :)
Of course he could just work at the local Nerf office (plant? Something nearby)

He's naturally a blonde with blue eyes according to his inmate info. He had blonde hair in his school pic.

https://everipedia-storage.s3.amazo...odward-pictured-in-senior-year-of-high-sc.png

Depending on the lighting blondes hair can look reddish or even orangish like Donald trumps hair looks under certain lighting. There's strawberry blonde, dark strawberry blonde ash blonde, homey blonde and so many other shades of blonde.

70 shades of blonde
http://www.vogue.com.au/beauty/hair...inspiration+to+take+to+your+hairdresser,25534

I am new to the site and don't know the rules. Are you allowed to post a link to the reddit now that the names have been released in the news?

No to Reddit.

Because we have a LOT of new posters (YAY!!!) I thought I would post this. We don't want to get this thread shut down, and we are skating on thin ice already. When a case breaks like this and new info is coming out rapidly, the last thing we want is to not be able to post on this thread because it's shut down.

Here are the TOS:
Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
Paraphrasing is okay.
Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
Paraphrasing is okay.
***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from his/her personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.

I’m confused. Why is everyone so stuck on the hair situation? Maybe I missed something?

I know. He died the top part of his hair black but we are not sure if it was before or after the murder. It could have been to change his looks to go off the grid since he had camping and hiking equipment inside when LE looked in his rental car. People don't think his hair is naturally blonde. It is his natural hair color. It was blonde in his most recent FB that was taken down.

The thread is going pretty good tonite. Thanks folks !!

So just a couple of mentions (because you KNOW I have to say something ;))

Friends, family of victims/perps are off-limits (other than what is in MSM), so no sleuthing of SW's mom. What you sleuth behind the scenes is up to you, but you can't post about it here.

Also, Websleuths does not condone or promote violence of any kind, so alluding to prison rape is not allowed.

Thanks to all for still being here for Blaze and to wait while justice takes it course.

:tyou:

<modsnip>

If the parent has a webpage with their business listed why isn't that ok it it's already posted on the web for public to see?

Well I think it could have been both sexual and sympathy. They had some kind of past friendship, we don't really know if there was more than that. I don't think either were openly gay and people on here claimed to see homophobic comments on social media for SW in the earlier threads. I agree with you that sex seems more likely for going to a park at night (which is illegal I am pretty sure the parks technically close, also sex in public is illegal, but I'm just stating that as a technicality not a value judgement)

I do think that Blaze, being pre-med and interested in Psychology, would have been motivated more by sympathy more than sex. the murder suspect it is possible wanted sex where Blaze did not. there are all sorts of motives, what I am trying to figure out is why did the victim not bring anything with them?

Especially given they made several stops before the park, per the news conference.

cache.php
cache.php

Such a contrast from his high school photo. Looks like he has wounds on his face. Or could they be from heavy drugs? . To me the mug shot looks like a meth head. But I'm not an expert on that. Anyone know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do not KNOW what the marks are, but lots of people are nervous face pickers (like myself), and that's the first thing that I thought of when I saw the marks on his face. I know it sounds wierd, just a thought.

If the parent has a webpage with their business listed why isn't that ok it it's already posted on the web for public to see?

Because one can only find that information in the first place by sleuthing the parents. You are not allowed to sleuth the parents and post about it here. They are off-limits other than what is contained in MSM articles. The social media rules have been posted and linked to many times.

I think everyone is overthinking this.

From his mug shot he looks like a meth addict. His behavior supports this thought.

He knew Blaze's family had money. Blaze seems like the kind of person who tries to help people. I think this guy was trying to get money from Blaze - which Blaze likely suspected, and which is why he left his wallet at home - and when he couldn't get what he wanted, he got mad and killed Blaze.

I'm betting it's going to turn out to be just that simple.

Perhaps they had a sexual encounter that night but Blaze made it clear that they had no future together.

definitely polar opposite lifestyles (ivy league versus slacker/druggie) between the two who were once high school friends.

Source for drug use? I have only seen speculation based on a photograph. Does anyone know if there is any factual evidence of drug use?

I support the idea of a crime of passion. IMO SW was trying very hard to keep the fact that he was gay a secret. It’s a sad case all around. I feel for both sets of parents. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

KEEP THE PEACE
......in our minds....and in our hearts....

The irony of all irony's -- Sam Woodward's hoodie is from the non-profit Keep the Peace whose mission is:

Keep the Peace is a true non-profit that focuses on providing financial aid and/or equipment aid to violent and under served families, organizations and communities. Keep the Peace is interested in helping discover the best ways possible to help find peace in our world, peace in our homes, peace in our communities, peace in our minds and peace in our hearts.

Outdoor activities and athletics is our passion and our way to help finding peace. Join us!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3