Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was attempting to post this in the last thread as it was in the process of being closed, i hope it is alright to post it in this new thread:

:goodpost: :tyou:

Have been thinking this as well. I feel so so sad for both the sets of parents. If anything, more sad for the parents of SW, who will most likely not get the sympathy and support that the parents of Blaze are receiving ( even if rightfully) as the victim family.

The terribleness of a life so gone off the rails and all the chaos and pain in its wake. As a mother of two prepubescent boys, it always gives me long pause and makes me shudder, because a nightmare like that I do not think I could ever over come. My deep respect for Blaze's mom's strength.

Rest peacefully Blaze, you seemed such a fine young man. I have no doubt you will never be forgotten.

It is a very sad situation from any perspective, especially for Blaze and his family. And as you say for the killers family as well. But the murderer is still a murderer. How many situations have we all been in and we didn’t kill the person. It obviously ttakes a different mentality to even go to that extreme, doesn’t it? I can’t even imagine.

IMO, the person that killed Blaze has no excuse, and thus far I have to wonder if they’ve gone through life being given a free pass. Otherwise, are they a serial killer in the making? I hope we find out soon.

I think everyone is overthinking this.

From his mug shot he looks like a meth addict. His behavior supports this thought.

He knew Blaze's family had money. Blaze seems like the kind of person who tries to help people. I think this guy was trying to get money from Blaze - which Blaze likely suspected, and which is why he left his wallet at home - and when he couldn't get what he wanted, he got mad and killed Blaze.

I'm betting it's going to turn out to be just that simple.

Brilliant. No drama, no angst. Just a junkie looking for a fix. You're probably absolutely right.

the contrast between his high school picture and his mugshot. he's either got an eating disorder, a wasting disease, or a drug use problem. it could just be alcohol, too. he doesn't look healthy, I suspect meth.

In the perp walk video he doesn't look as sickly, but in the mugshot he definitely has a bit of "meth face"

It could be prescription ADHD medication for all I know, I'm just saying he looks like he's a stimulant user, although other drugs like opiates and alcohol can also cause people to look sickly.

Edit: I take back what I say about wasting disease as he weighs 185 pounds. I still think substance abuse is likely here along with other types of mental illness. Either that or complete contempt for law enforcement. I am basing that off him telling them "nerf games" was his profession.

Couldn't the fact that he could have recently committed a murder, and has been trying to hide that fact be the reason he doesn't look so good? It seems a little far-fetched to me to be able to tell that he's addicted to ADHD medication or meth, etc., etc., by looking at a picture. It's not like he's got missing teeth, has hair falling out it and such.

From his mug shot he looks like a meth addict. His behavior supports this thought.

He knew Blaze's family had money. Blaze seems like the kind of person who tries to help people. I think this guy was trying to get money from Blaze - which Blaze likely suspected, and which is why he left his wallet at home - and when he couldn't get what he wanted, he got mad and killed Blaze.

That same scenario crossed my mind too, MsOpinion8d, but before the arrest and mug shot.

It's seems common enough to leave wallets and phones behind before going to parties where there may be dancing, or in town to a friend's home, or to just carry cash, so who knows why Blaze left without much? He may have felt safe and not been planning to go far, simply. It could have had nothing to do with drugs or sex, just the prospect of hanging out at party with friends to lure Blaze, who may not have been expecting to be buying anything.

Also, that the rental car with the camping gear and his appearance, mentioned in the affidavit according to the OCR, may have been about him trying to hide evidence and having a cover story for it. If he rented a car why would he need to kill for a fix? As you mentioned previously, lies lies lies lies... It seem like a lot of smoke and distancing from any real motive came from the suspect.

Couldn't the fact that he could have recently committed a murder, and has been trying to hide that fact be the reason he doesn't look so good? It seems a little far-fetched to me to be able to tell that he's addicted to ADHD medication or meth, etc., etc., by looking at a picture. It's not like he's got missing teeth, has hair falling out it and such.

Absolutely. The stress and lack of sleep would make him look pretty bad. Substance abuse may or may not be an angle. Clearly mental illness probably played some role, people don't murder without mental illness, at least I hope not (perhaps in times of war?)

To add to this, I see many are quick to suspect this was an intentional murder... but what if it were an accident? What if it was an accidental death due to autoerotic asphyxiation? Until more facts are released it’s all speculative. He could look the way he does because he didn’t know what to do. I don’t know if he indeed did visit his attorney, but if so maybe it was because he was trying to determine what to do. MOO

ETA: I think it may have been an accident or a crime of passion. Afterward he may have been so out of sorts about what he had done that he went completely out of his mind with anxiety and self loathing. When something very traumatic happens to people they often have the same look. After what happened to me in the Army, I found an old badge with my picture on it that was taken just after the traumatic incident and I looked mentally ill. I had sanpaku eyes. At first glance I would have looked deranged. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I am new to the site and don't know the rules. Are you allowed to post a link to the reddit now that the names have been released in the news?

Reddit...UGH NO! The beauty of reddit is the unfiltered Nature. The evil of reddit is the unfiltered Nature. While there are kernels of truth on Reddit, since there is NO moderation, there is a lot of utterly, false, defamatory... crap. I’ve seen totally baseless crap posted anonymously on Reddit. Find a legit source and share....

I do not KNOW what the marks are, but lots of people are nervous face pickers (like myself), and that's the first thing that I thought of when I saw the marks on his face. I know it sounds wierd, just a thought.

Yes, this is possible, and no, it doesn't sound weird. Many (including myself) have nervous habits. I've seen nail biters, hair chewers, etc. More details would be gross. :D

Sorry, it's late, and I'm debugging a program, and my offbeat humor is showing. :blushing:

Respectfully disagree. No meth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.thedp.com/article/2018/0...vy-league-death-missing-student-orange-county
"
According to the OC Sheriff's Department, Woodward was the last person in contact with Bernstein before he disappeared. On the night of Jan. 2, Woodward picked Bernstein up and they drove to multiple locations before arriving at Borrego Park. "

So, Blaze leaves wallet and medication and possessions home, despite going to MULTIPLE locations? I wonder where he was told he was going, or where he expected to go? I would think you need some $, even to grab something to eat or shop, or do whatever.

Technically post 9/11, as part of the patriot act, one of the laws was that anyone over the age of 18 should have govt issued ID on them at all times, even if they're not operating their vehicle. This was to discourage situations where someone could tell law enforcement they were not carrying an ID. Even tho it was intended for terrorism purposes, since 9/11 i have basically always tried to have my ID on me, even though technically the patriot act expired.

I don't think its technically a law but it was a federal law for a while in the Bush years. I know Blaze was younger and would not have known this.

Because one can only find that information in the first place by sleuthing the parents. You are not allowed to sleuth the parents and post about it here. They are off-limits other than what is contained in MSM articles. The social media rules have been posted and linked to many times.

Ok thanks for clarifying.

http://www.thedp.com/article/2018/0...vy-league-death-missing-student-orange-county
"
According to the OC Sheriff's Department, Woodward was the last person in contact with Bernstein before he disappeared. On the night of Jan. 2, Woodward picked Bernstein up and they drove to multiple locations before arriving at Borrego Park. "

So, Blaze leaves wallet and medication and possessions home, despite going to MULTIPLE locations? I wonder where he was told he was going, or where he expected to go? I would think you need some $, even to grab something to eat or shop, or do whatever.

Maybe the plan was to just talk or hookup. According to the Sheriff's Dept. they went to multiple locations in Blaze's neighborhood of Foothill Ranch -- maybe they were looking for a quiet spot?

Very good point. He definitely looks like a meth user with the scabs on the face people get from picking. Maybe this wasn't about sex after all but him befriending Blaze to rob him because he needed drug money. What's very weird quite a few posts on social media in the beginning kept posting this was a robbery. Strange

This is a very upsetting outcome, majority of us hoped and prayed everyday that BB would be found alive and reunited with his family; that didn't occur. Today another mother and father are facing the fact they may lose their son because of actions he chose to do, but his parents are now grieving, and I'm not saying that that grief is any where near the grief of BB's parents...but honestly discussing SW's hair (enough please), when we are sleuthing we need to remember we can only look for and discuss BB and SW. Their families are off limits and we need to be respectful of them and each other, any of us could be a friend or a relative of either young man ask yourselves how would you feel seeing some of the things being mentioned?
My heart is broken and hurts for BB's family, I cannot put in words how in my mind it conflicts with my heart for SW's family but I do wish them comfort and compassion because of what occurred and I believe that BB would want them shown compassion now more than ever.... I still keep seeing that smiling face when I close my eyes, and know that BB has already touched so many lives

This is a very upsetting outcome, majority of us hoped and prayed everyday that BB would be found alive and reunited with his family; that didn't occur. Today another mother and father are facing the fact they may lose their son because of actions he chose to do, but his parents are now grieving, and I'm not saying that that grief is any where near the grief of BB's parents...but honestly discussing SW's hair (enough please), when we are sleuthing we need to remember we can only look for and discuss BB and SW. Their families are off limits and we need to be respectful of them and each other, any of us could be a friend or a relative of either young man ask yourselves how would you feel seeing some of the things being mentioned?
My heart is broken and hurts for BB's family, I cannot put in words how in my mind it conflicts with my heart for SW's family but I do wish them comfort and compassion because of what occurred and I believe that BB would want them shown compassion now more than ever.... I still keep seeing that smiling face when I close my eyes, and know that BB has already touched so many lives

Yes, BB certainly did so. I read and reread his "Picking Marbles from Dirt" in the Penn Review, enjoying the way he wrote.

https://pennreviewlitmag.wordpress.com/2016/11/05/picking-marbles-from-dirt-by-blaze-bernstein/

BB, you won't be forgotten.

Thank you for your lovely post.

The reason the hair is important it's a very crucial clue to this case.

Starting at the video 1:30 mark CBS news reporter Michelle Gile reporting says that the neighbors said SW dyed and shaved his head shortly after BB went missing.

https://youtu.be/Ic1rGH55sCY

Very good point. He definitely looks like a meth user with the scabs on the face people get from picking. Maybe this wasn't about sex after all but him befriending Blaze to rob him because he needed drug money. What's very weird quite a few posts on social media in the beginning kept posting this was a robbery. Strange

But what did he rob him of? BB didn't bring anything with him, did he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot