Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. And his response to that was to say that he would only fight someone if they attacked him.

Regarding the confederate flag, he specifically stated that he holds the opinion, as many in the South do, that the confederate flag represents southern pride and not racism. Granted that may be a minority opinion, but it is just opinion.

The comment about the rainbow flag and fisting I believe was meant as a comparison/analogy to his Confederate flag reference to say that "just as hanging up a gay pride flag doesn't imply that you endorse fisting, having a Confederate flag doesn't mean you're a racist".

To be perfectly clear I am NOT trying to defend SW for what he has done .. we don't even KNOW exactly what happened yet

But I've read page after page of people trying to make a psychoanalysis of the guy based upon his haircut, and taking one or two quotes out of context. People all have a right to their interpretations, but none is definitely "right", it's just an opinion

The way I read it, SW held some conservative views, and was attending a very liberal-minded high school. So just for that and being different, he probably felt quite persecuted, which may have led to his "loner" persona and feeling of being ostracized. Add to this that it seems he may have been a closet homosexual, and there were likely many things tearing at his emotions. After all he was only 16 when he wrote those things, and certainly trying to figure out who he was. To the extent that he was figuring that out, most of his 'friends' were telling him he was wrong. Wouldn't you be a little emotionally unstable under those circumstances?

In any case, pigeonholing him into a box before we KNOW more about him isn't really appropriate. All I ask is that we keep open minds and wait for some more facts.

Agreed.

My HS son’s close friend has changed his appearance a lot in the last year, growing his hair out, wearing goth clothes, listening to death metal, getting a pet snake, and I think experimenting with alcohol and marijuana. Fundamentally I think he is still the same good kid. His parents went through a bad divorce and I see this as a reaction to that. It doesn’t mean that he is a murderer or wants to shoot up the school. But guess what? Violent song lyrics found on school bathroom stall “must have been written by him” (the goth kid at preppy school) and he felt so persecuted that he recently left the school. God forbid he were ever charged with anything. Folks would bring all this up and say he was expelled from school when he voluntarily left.

I have not read anything about strangulation from any MSM source. I consider that a rumor, unless proven otherwise. No link means rumor.
A producer for NBC LA put it up, and then deleted it.

It's not my job to prove anything, I'm not the local DA or involved in investigating and prosecuting federal hate crimes. I believe as an individual lay person looking at the circumstances of the crime SW's online presence is similar to Dylann Roof's. SW posted pictures of himself in front of the Confederate flag and made remarks leading people to believe he was violent and angry. I would think Blaze's friends and family would want his killer prosecuted to the full extend of the law including hate crime charges if it is determined he targeted Blaze for being gay and/or Jewish.

Totally guessing but I think Sam wanted a lover and a friend and instead was rejected and snapped and killed Blaze in rage. Or they had sex and he's smitten while Blaze was horrified, rage again. I don't think it was a targeted hate crime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't see advance planning here -- if it was planned in advance, I highly doubt the body would be in a shallow grave in a suburban park with picnic benches.... On a separate point, it seems a bit strange that there's been no mention of SW having a car (outside of the rental). To live in Newport Beach as an adult without a car would be difficult. If SW was living there permanently it seems unusual that he wouldn't have one. Granted, we don't know if he had a job that would pay for a car, but nevertheless, it would not be pleasant living there without one.

Sam seems to have been noticed to have psychological problems for years. Another case of, we all knew it would happen one day. We just didn't know "what."

His mom, a family therapist, will be knowledgeable of the different diagnoses which could possibly lead to leniency in a court case.

Do you think this case will make it to court?? Or plea?

Where do you get the info that Sam had psychological problems for years?? It's ironic that his mother is a family therapist and he turns out like this!

What I don’t really understand is why SW would basically bring LE to where the body is (by saying he drove him there, went back to look for him there, etc). Is he that cocky that he just thought BB was so well hidden?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I don’t really understand is why SW would basically bring LE to where the body is (by saying he drove him there, went back to look for him there, etc). Is he that cocky that he just thought BB was so well hidden?

I know....The only reasons I can think of are that he thought there were surveillance cameras or that cell phone towers would show he was there, or that someone saw him. Or, he's innocent and didn't bury the body there.

SW's account of what happened was full of inconsistences according to LE. SW may have thought by being as helpful as possible that it would reinforce the premise that a 3rd person (the unknown person) was real and responsible for the disappearance.

Just to put this point out there, if someone is a nazi or anti-gay to the point that they seek someone out to kill them their online presence more than likely would support their views to the point that intelligent people on a site such as this one wouldn't be so conflicted on the meaning behind the remarks or the posts. And they more than likely would be more current than 4+ years ago. In the flag photo SW states he isn't racist. If he were, he would own it. But of course, with as little information as we have now, anything is possible. MOO.

BBM

I have known many racists who absolutely would not own it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SW may have sent the text message from the cell phone BB brought with him to suggest BB committed suicide or left home. SW may have believed that would stop any inquiry. Any how, SW thinking seemed to be disjointed and illogical.

My general theory of what went down:
-SW contacts BB to see if he wants to smoke a spliff. The score a bit of weed in the Hobby lobby carpark and then go park in Borrego Park. It was a fine night and no smoking allowed in rentals so I think the two boys walked across the grass field to the picnic tables, lit up, and chatted. Old wounds? re-buffed advances? Hell, even an argument about the politics of Hobby lobby could get heated, but I do think it was sexual aggression/refusal. A fight, the smaller held down by the larger...for too long by the throat...quick panicked disposal, followed by a later return to the scene to be a bit more thorough.
RSBM.... this^^^^

As quoted in this article, after the arrest, Blaze's Jeanne Pepper Bernstein tweeted: "[FONT=&quot]Revenge is empty. It will never bring back my son. My only hopes are that he will never have the opportunity to hurt anyone else again and that something meaningful can come from the senseless act of Blaze's murder"

[/FONT]Aside from being an admirable sentiment under heartbreaking circumstances, I wonder whether this is an indication that if the charges include 1st degree murder and Woodward makes a plea or is convicted, the family doesn't hope for the death penalty but hopes that Woodward gets life in prison or something similar.

http://abc7.com/suspect-arrested-in-blaze-bernsteins-homicide-investigation/2935615/

There is no death penalty in California now. No new death sentences since 2006, and in 2014 it was ruled unconstitutional.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm wondering how much the cameras at the school captured?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Is it possible that COD and MOD will be sealed and we will never know?

Sorry, I’ve been trying to find the link. One of the reporters said the school in one of the MSM links earlier today, but I didn’t catch the name of the school, and can’t locate the video now.

The other thing is that OCSA starts in 7th grade. I don’t know when either BB or SW started though.

I have not read anything about strangulation from any MSM source. I consider that a rumor, unless proven otherwise. No link means rumor.

A clone of a NBC LA news producer's facebook info & twitter info spreading "fake" news.

Some seem to think that premeditation must mean he planned it beforehand before they were even together that night.

Premeditation can be formed in a blink of an eye. There is no legal set time interval that must lapse before premeditation can occur. All SW had to do is form the thought in his mind that he was going kill Blaze that night. That premeditated intent could have been formed in any time interval even in a very short time span (even seconds) while they were together. All he had to do is plan to kill Blaze and then carry it out....which he did.

IMO, they will charge SW with first degree murder.

Some seem to think that premeditation must mean he planned it beforehand before they were even together that night.

Premeditation can be formed in a blink of an eye. There is no legal set time interval that must lapse before premeditation can occur. All SW had to do is form the thought in his mind that he was going kill Blaze that night. That premeditated intent could have been formed in any time interval even in a very short time span (even seconds) while they were together. All he had to do is plan to kill Blaze and then carry it out....which he did.

IMO, they will charge SW with first degree murder.

Agreed!

Is it possible that COD and MOD will be sealed and we will never know?

Unlikely. If he pleads guilty to some version of manslaughter, etc he would have to say what happened. Courts are public, unless under age perps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member