Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started to read from the last post back and I see I missed a lot. If this is the case, I agree that it is extremely manipulative. So BB outed SW?? SW is straight? BB was stabbed multiple times (like 20)?
Are these statements believed to be accurate? If so flips this case for me....I mean stabbed 20 times?

BYE THE WAY LOVE "KITTY" GOLIGHTLEY! So clever.
All we know is that someone reported that BB messaged two friends about it. What he said to them and the way he said it makes me think he was joking about having told "everybody."

These two private messages have been conflated on SM to "BB outed SW on social media."

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I just started to read from the last post back and I see I missed a lot. If this is the case, I agree that it is extremely manipulative. So BB outed SW?? SW is straight? BB was stabbed multiple times (like 20)?
Are these statements believed to be accurate? If so flips this case for me....I mean stabbed 20 times?

BYE THE WAY LOVE "KITTY" GOLIGHTLEY! So clever.

Link to the relevant MSM article...
http://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/1...ed-at-least-20-times-in-possible-act-of-rage/

IMO if Blaze told 2 gal pals back in June it seems as tho Blaze and killer had communication for a period of time prior. Time will tell.

I may be going against WS etiquette, but I don't think against TOS. (?)

With all the interest/eyes on Blaze....I am linking another missing young man. Help if you can/want to!

Colin Gillis.

Over 5 years ago something went more than awry when Colin was also home from college for spring break. He went to a party then he went missing. He has not been found. You'll find more details at link.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...is-18-Tupper-Lake-2am-on-11-March-2012/page54
Collin Gillis haunted me[emoji852]️. Thank you for reminding us.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I disagree. I don't approve of what SW did but unless you're a man who was born and raised in the type of culture that SW was apparently raised in you can't understand what SW may have been feeling.
And if the reports are correct that Blaze outed SW, well, then, I've lost a lot of respect for Blaze. That is a cardinal sin among gay men, you DO NOT, EVER, under ANY circumstances out someone and if this was done to SW out of spite that makes it all the worse. I AM NOT saying that Blaze "deserved" anything that happened to him so don't interpret my words like that but I am saying that I can understand SW's anger, resentment and his feelings and if this report is true I have a great deal of sympathy for him.

I was outed once out of spite and while I didn't murder anyone I did deliver a solid thrashing, as our British friends might say, to the offender. Outing me in the way that person did could have gotten me seriously hurt or killed because he outed me to a group of good ol' redneck boys who lived in our dorm who after learning of my sexuality made it quite clear to me that I was an abomination, a mistake and a "vile sinner" and that the bible commands gay men to be stoned to death Two of them were expelled from the university the following year for posting KKK recruitment posters and applications to join the Klan in our dormitory common room. In the interests of full disclosure, I attended the Univ of Texas.

JMO

Thanks for your perspective. As I'm reading at this point, that was my instinct, that one gay does not out another like there is a code or something. I intended to put that question to any of our gay WSers so I'm glad you answered it.

That was my feeling exactly. Each gay person has their own struggle, their own journey and one of the hardest things is for a gay person to get to the point where they are comfortable in "coming out." It's a personal decision and one doesn't get to make that decision for another, only for themselves. So Blaze committed a cardinal mistake by doing so. IMO

First, I want to thank you for this perspective. I think you are right that in canonizing a victim, we may lose sight of the invaluable lessons and warnings that these horrific crimes often offer. No one is perfect and I’m sure we have all been less than delicate at one point or another with another’s heart. I am NOT excusing SW’s crime, but if we do not as a society learn from this, it will be a double tragedy.

People are fragile, especially in matters of the heart. If said person is also predisposed to mental issues or other strife, we could be dealing with ticking timebombs. Add social media to the mix and you have an incredible accelerant.

When I was Blaze’s age, I disregarded the frailty of young men who felt for me more than I for them, to the point of horrible consequence, though not as horrible as this. My mother told me to remember the fine line between love and hate and to be careful with others’ hearts.

My point is, no one deserves to be murdered, however, we can control what we do to others. We must encourage people to look out for people who are troubled and not exploit them. Especially with the advent of social media, we have so much more power to destroy. We also have so much power to heal.

RIP Blaze.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Such an incredibly eloquent post!

So many truths... and you nailed them superbly.

If only your post could be permanently displayed on all SM sites...

Thank you, Gone Girl, for sharing this with us.

We are saddened to hear, on the day we laid our son to rest, that gruesome details of the cause of his death were published. Our son was a beautiful gentle soul who we loved more than anything. We were proud of everything he did and who he was. He had nothing to hide. We are in solidarity with our son and the LGBTQ community. There is still much discovery to be done and if it is determined that this was a hate crime, we will cry not only for our son, but for LGBTQ people everywhere that live in fear or who have been victims of hate crime.

Now is the time to set aside fear, ignorance and judgement. It is time to love. Love each other. Be good. Do good and honor Blaze’s memory. #dogoodforblaze blazebernstein.org.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/01/15/new-details-death-blaze-bernstein/

I agree with Blaze's family. I also don't like the leak of information that is incomplete (about the messages to his friends about SW) and has caused people to question Blaze's actions leading up to his murder.

If it is LE that is leaking information, as some on here have eluded to, those men/women should be disciplined. It is their job to know sensitive information prior to the public and keep it to themselves until the time they are allowed to openly and freely discuss it. Shameful.

What I can not understand from Sam's POV.

He lead them to the body. When he said he was at that park and went back later in the night, he led them there. I understand that his car would be GPS tracked but if you were actually going to try to hide a body, wouldn't you travel around to different places? Say you dropped him off and drive by his house?

We are not dealing with an intelligent man.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/01/15/new-details-death-blaze-bernstein/

I agree with Blaze's family. I also don't like the leak of information that is incomplete (about the messages to his friends about SW) and has caused people to question Blaze's actions leading up to his murder.

If it is LE that is leaking information, as some on here have eluded to, those men/women should be disciplined. It is their job to know sensitive information prior to the public and keep it to themselves until the time they are allowed to openly and freely discuss it. Shameful.

I think the OC Register had the entire affidavit and have been leaking details piece by piece.

That doesn't mean the sleeping bag was included. The sleeping bag could have been the only thing he removed from the car after the murder because he knew it was the only thing used that night with potential evidence on it.

We also don't know how much blood or if any attempt was made to clean it up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Has anyone determined the car that is SW's primary vehicle? All I have read previously in this discussion is about the rental car SW was driving with the camping gear etc. Was it rented after the murder occurred or was it the same vehicle he picked up BB in on that fateful night? No mention at all in MSM about SW's other (primary) car!

I ask as it seems if the MOD was the infliction of 20 stab wounds, there had to be a fair amount of BB blood somewhere!. Did the actual murder occur in A CAR or the park? No mention of where all the blood was discovered other than the trace amount on the sleeping bag.

Did I miss something?

There is no actual questioning of Blaze's behaviour. No reason that will ever justify murder in my opinion.

In a crime you will see both sides scrutinized. His parents are doing a wonderful job of keeping him in the news and reiterating positive memories. Reminds me a bit of Noelle Paquette's family. Again , her behaviour was scrutinized also. Her family just refused to have the negativity seen. This will happen with Blaze also if his parents keep projecting positivity.

I wonder about the rental car as well. Doesn't make sense to me why he would have one unless of course his own car was out of service. Also, why the camping gear in the back seat when he showed the Police the inside of car. Maybe he was planning a camping trip therefore a rental???? hum???

We don't know if BB knew he was meeting up with SW that night or if SW concealed his identity somehow by using snapchat. Perhaps SW used a rental car and dyed his hair before that night to help conceal his identity? All speculation and MOO!

Thanks for your perspective. As I'm reading at this point, that was my instinct, that one gay does not out another like there is a code or something. I intended to put that question to any of our gay WSers so I'm glad you answered it.

That was my feeling exactly. Each gay person has their own struggle, their own journey and one of the hardest things is for a gay person to get to the point where they are comfortable in "coming out." It's a personal decision and one doesn't get to make that decision for another, only for themselves. So Blaze committed a cardinal mistake by doing so. IMO

Yes, he committed a very serious mistake by doing this. Something a lot of folks don't know or understand about outing is that it's not just stealing someone's choice to come out when they are ready to come out but there can be very serious, real world consequences for the person who has been outed. Many people who have been outed have been kicked out of their homes, college money/living expenses withheld, ostracized by family and friend and most heart breaking, many kids who have been outed have been sent to gay conversion therapy facilities where they are literally tortured into being straight, many of them commit suicide. SW could have faced all of that and worse if his secret was revealed. If SW came from a very religious family he would have been intimately aware of what happens to gay people in evangelical churches so the threat of being outed could have certainly sent him into a panic.

What I can not understand from Sam's POV.

He lead them to the body. When he said he was at that park and went back later in the night, he led them there. I understand that his car would be GPS tracked but if you were actually going to try to hide a body, wouldn't you travel around to different places? Say you dropped him off and drive by his house?

We are not dealing with an intelligent man.

I wouldn't say he isn't intelligent, he was probably scared to death and was simply not thinking. THis is one of the big reasons why I don't think this was premeditated, if it was he would have considered what to say, what to do and how to dispose of the body. The fact he left Blaze in the park and than revealed that was the last place he and Blaze were at makes me wonder if he didn't unconsciously want to be caught.

We don't know if BB knew he was meeting up with SW that night or if SW concealed his identity somehow by using snapchat. Perhaps SW used a rental car and dyed his hair before that night to help conceal his identity? All speculation and MOO!

I was thinking similarly. Maybe he drove the white caddy to just around BB house and had someone drop a rental for him to use.

I think the OC Register had the entire affidavit and have been leaking details piece by piece.

I agree with you. As I posted above...

“according to a 16-page search warrant affidavit obtained by The Orange County Register.”

I wonder if this is the same 16-page affidavit that was reported last week, and they’re just releasing more details from it. Seems too much of a coincidence that OCR is the only one to have it and it’s also 16 pages.

In average day-to-day life I don't see why 'outing' should be an accepted behavior. I do feel there is a gray area in cases when the individual being outed is doing harm to the gay community.

There was a report regarding an imgur page in which SW was catfishing and then exposing gay men. I have not seen this page, nor do I have verification of this or other activities that might be construed as proactively harming such individuals. Furthermore we do not know what Blaze knew of any of this, or whether he was aware of some other actions by SW that could be placed in this category. As the story unfolds, I hope we'll find answers to these questions, but as it stands there is the possibility that Blaze was being more cavalier about SW that he should have been.

We have no idea whether the interaction back in June was instigated by one party or the other. We're still under a cloud of uncertainty about events leading up to Blaze's murder the night of January 2. I do have the impression that SW was fully aware of BB's sexuality, which make me question the validity of SW's 'he tried to kiss me' defense. What was he expecting to do at Hobby Lobby, discuss model railroading? Many questions to answer.

Yes, he committed a very serious mistake by doing this. Something a lot of folks don't know or understand about outing is that it's not just stealing someone's choice to come out when they are ready to come out but there can be very serious, real world consequences for the person who has been outed. Many people who have been outed have been kicked out of their homes, college money/living expenses withheld, ostracized by family and friend and most heart breaking, many kids who have been outed have been sent to gay conversion therapy facilities where they are literally tortured into being straight, many of them commit suicide. SW could have faced all of that and worse if his secret was revealed. If SW came from a very religious family he would have been intimately aware of what happens to gay people in evangelical churches so the threat of being outed could have certainly sent him into a panic.

I wouldn't say he isn't intelligent, he was probably scared to death and was simply not thinking. THis is one of the big reasons why I don't think this was premeditated, if it was he would have considered what to say, what to do and how to dispose of the body. The fact he left Blaze in the park and than revealed that was the last place he and Blaze were at makes me wonder if he didn't unconsciously want to be caught.

I have a few gay people in my family and I was given the opportunity at the funeral of one of them to talk extensively with his friends from the gay/lesbian community about their family dynamic once they come out, their struggles, lack of acceptance from their families, the pain of non-acceptance.

I also met several people who turn d to drugs and alcohol to dull the pain of their struggles in first accepting themselves, then being accepted by those they love. It's heartbreaking.

There is such an emotional turmoil they go through long before they get to a place where they are ready on their own to come out. Suicide is an every day occurrence with gay/lesbians as they try to understand why they are different and how to accept themselves and the world we live in as a gay person. Add religion to that and it's a cocktail for disaster and trauma. IMO

Blaze could have been making a joke when he said he already texted everyone. If you read my texts to my closest friend I am pretty sure I would come off like a horrible person because an outsider wouldn't understand our inside jokes or sense of humor. For all we know "the outing" could have never gone any further than those two friends. None of these people were even in school with each other anymore in June.

I think Sam is a disturbed individual who could not come to terms with his sexuality. Having homophobic feelings or beliefs while also being attracted to a male probably caused him a lot of anger and unfortunately, he took it out on Blaze. I am also in the camp that feels Sam looks like he has been using drugs, either meth or opioids, which would further fuel the rage.

I agree with you about Sam, probably.

But I think Blaze probably did out Sam this summer. Kids from the school know about so it will probably come out eventually. Someone posted a story days ago that Sam had written infatuated letters or texts, emails or something to a former high school student who was well-known to be gay. And that this person told everyone about it, the irony of right wing Sam being in love with a guy, and people saw the communications. This story was told because supposedly the person who outed Sam was not Blaze but fit his MO, Ivy League, very successful...now I would guess the unnamed love interest was in fact Blaze. Maybe Sam thought Blaze's best friend outed him but learned the truth after their tryst or after rejection, and flipped out. Just my total guess here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member