Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took him to say they have no evidence their were friends in high school and that seems like it would be easy to determine.

Has any students from their high school spoken to the press about them being friends in high school? If so I havent seen it. In fact the articles I have read about HS students commenting I had already noticed there was no mention of them being friends at all.

IMO

Perhaps they are mincing words...

there are people I was acquainted with in High School...
I still know their names...
(they may not remember mine, though...)...

But for various reasons I would not consider them friends now....
would not even really, now that I look at it, considered them "true" friends then...
but may have considered them friends at some time....

In other words...
The term "friend" can take on a whole continuum of meanings...

All... JMO...

According to the articles from OCR SW got upset when BB tried to kiss him in the car. SW pushed him away and then SW clinched his jaw and fists. I guess this is the closes thing to a confession without confessing. No mention of stabbing BB.

Serious question. If it’s true that SW is in the closet (gay) can it even be classified as a hate crime?

Serious question. If it’s true that SW is in the closet (gay) can it even be classified as a hate crime?
Just watched the piece on ABCNewsTonight. If he murdered Blaze because Blaze was gay, then yes.

Just going to point out that a great way to get a thread shut down is to go down the religion rabbit hole when there is no solid link to the crime. In the Sherin Mathews case we weren't allowed to discuss their culture or religion. We're probably going to end up with the same mod warnings here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just watched the piece on ABCNewsTonight. If he murdered Blaze because Blaze was gay, then yes.

If SW does end up being gay himself, I find it hard to believe that they could prove he killed BB because he was gay. Defense will have a heyday with that, especially this lawyer.

My theory is that after the word got out last June by BB that SW hit on him, SW got wind of this. Perhaps this was the only chance or earliest opportunity SW had to exact his revenge due to BB being in another part of the country, but SW hears that he is home for the holidays and starts his plan. I suspect we will hear from friends who knew of SW rage toward BB. All JMO

In California a felony defendant is entitled to an arraignment within 48 hours (not counting weekends, holidays) of arrest.
It's my understanding that when the accused is in custody the only way an arraignment can be postponed beyond 48 hours is if the accused agrees to it. So I think SW must have agreed to the postponement. JMO.

<modsnip>

The Nazi associations are only web accusations at this time.

<modsnip>

Yep. Religion is going to get this shut down, as well as talk of Nazi association.

My theory is that after the word got out last June by BB that SW hit on him, SW got wind of this. Perhaps this was the only chance or earliest opportunity SW had to exact his revenge due to BB being in another part of the country, but SW hears that he is home for the holidays and starts his plan. I suspect we will hear from friends who knew of SW rage toward BB. All JMO

The teachers testimony from SW in 10th grade already lends itself to SW behaviors being strange. It was posted here last night.

Im curious of any statistics that would show a rise in hate crimes over the last year. Its like I cant wake up without finding someone attacked because of something they cant control.

RIP Blaze

Im curious of any statistics that would show a rise in hate crimes over the last year. Its like I cant wake up without finding someone attacked because of something they cant control.

RIP Blaze

This is dated 11/17

More hate crimes were carried out in the United States last year, with an uptick in incidents motivated by bias against Jews, Muslims and LGBT people, among others, according to new FBI data released Monday.
There were more than 6,100 reported incidents of hate crimes in 2016, up from more than 5,800 the year before, the FBI said in a report based on data submitted by law enforcement agencies across the country. The number of hate crimes increased for a second consecutive year, and as was the case in 2015, the largest share of victims last year &#8212; nearly 6 in 10 &#8212; were targeted because of bias against the victim&#8217;s race or ethnicity.

The teachers testimony from SW in 10th grade already lends itself to SW behaviors being strange. It was posted here last night.

Offhand, was this testimony an official part of LE's discoveries, or reported in mainstream media? If this is sworn testimony of some sort, then it will be of further interest on this forum.

There have been comments about him on Reddit and the like, but that is off limits for this site (hearsay, unverifiable).

From the limited information I have, it seems the best SW can hope for is voluntary manslaughter (heat of passion). I wonder what his version of the events are now? Presumably his lawyer is telling him he can't go with the "It wasn't me defense"? JMO.

It is against Websleuths Terms of Service to bring religion into the thread unless it is KNOWN to be germaine to the case. In this case IT IS NOT. Neither is there a fact to substantiate allegations or insinuations of Nazism or that Eagle Scouts have some bearing on this case.

The next member to bring either of these topics into this discussion will go on a nice long WS vacation.

Also, a "pocket knife" is strictly speculation based on no known fact. Please don't discuss it specifically, otherwise we hear threads in the future referring to it as fact. We DO know how this works.

Post accordingly or there will be consequences.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member