Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo I feel like “being outed” is more likely a possible motive than anything else...maybe it came up, i.e if BB said something like “everyone knows anyway” or whatever...S may have freaked out on him. Again, just speculating as is everyone else. Certainly not justifying it as a motive...but every murder has some motive, most are not sensible to other people.

"This is a tragedy," defense attorney Edward Munoz said later to reporters. He said his heart goes out to Bernstein family and that the Woodward family is in shock.

"This young man I'm representing was an Eagle Scout and now he's facing murder," Munoz said. http://www.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article195059979.html

I think I would be embarrassed if my attorney said “this young lady I’m representing was a Brownie Scout and now she’s facing murder”. In my opinion that is weak, and doesn’t mean anything significant.

Snip.

What does this mean?

I think denying bail requires the murder charge to be enhanced by some special circumstance, like the hate crime connotation. He’s saying the judge didn’t legally have a good reason to go beyond the $1mil bail guideline set by the state for murder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think denying bail requires the murder charge to be enhanced by some special circumstance, like the hate crime connotation. He’s saying the judge didn’t have a good reason to go beyond the $1mil bail guideline set by the state for murder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

"He was really a unique kid. I was gifted with 19 years with him. It was a gift from God," she said. "He taught me how to be a mother. He taught me how to love things that are different and unique and beautiful. And it's difficult sometimes to understand and rear a child that is smarter than you -- I mean, a lot smarter. He was like, in the 4th grade, I didn't enjoy playing chess with him anymore because I couldn't win. He was always two steps ahead of me in everything," Pepper Bernstein said. "He was a really good kid."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/murder-sus...nt-blaze-bernstein-multiple/story?id=52376868

Im sorry I dont understand, are you defending murder as a reaction to an unwanted kiss? From a man or woman.

I apologize if I am misunderstanding you.

In every case obviously no. Exceptions YES. Length of time unwanted kiss plan started then happened....determines if planner continued planning beyond unwanted kiss.

( BBM )

For real? Made your skin crawl?

Not meaning to put down your opinion, Cherry. Perhaps you have good reason in your experience to say this.

But for me, the implication I get from this statement is that his mother must not have cared, or wanted to be bothered by SW or his problems.

That if she did care, none of this would have ever happened.

Perhaps that's true. No one knows. We have no idea of the relationship between her and SW.

But I think there's a greater chance she DID care, and cared deeply. Being a therapist is not a magic wand to make her own son's problems go away.

I bet if she could have waved that wand, she would have. Being a therapist conferred no special powers over SW.

In fact, being a therapist may have actually created a wedge in SW's mind as he was growing up. He may have become more defiant. He may not have wanted to be 'understood' by his therapist mother.

In his eyes that could be giving her the upper hand. That's how kids are sometimes.

The professional 'labels' can actually give a kid a stronger incentive to rebel. Think of the stories of the 'Preacher Kids' we've all heard. The Accountant's kid who ends up declaring bankruptcy.

Maybe she turned over every stone looking for help for him over the years.

We don't know. That's the bottom line. We just don't know.

We can't sleuth the family either. So unless we ever learn differently from MSM, I am just going to send her some kind thoughts...

JMO

Thank you JazzTune. Very well said.

In every case obviously no. Exceptions YES. Length of time unwanted kiss plan started then happened....determines if planner continued planning beyond unwanted kiss.

I will have to disagree. Murder should not be an acceptable option. Im sorry you feel that it should.

It seems to me that even though SW hasn't exactly confessed, in a way he's admitting he killed Blaze by giving LE all the reasons he would WANT to kill Blaze, in his mind, and that they had a confrontation that night.

Wait, so you're defending murder as a response to an unwanted kiss in exceptional cases?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Question -What do you all think the reasoning is for not entering a plea and delaying the arraignment?

These days I would think not having a fully secured school site with one controlled egress point would be highly unlikely. I did see reports from locals posting here that kids frequently jumped the fence at the path to 'cut' down to the shopping vcenter parking lot to be picked up by parents.

None of the public schools in my area are gated at anytime. I live in the suburbs of Detroit in an area similar to the Lake Forest area I would think. If there was access to the paved area behind the school I would think that would be a place a couple might find desirable to “go parking” (probably showing my age with that phrase). It seems the closest, most direct route to where Blaze was found.

I think I would be embarrassed if my attorney said “this young lady I’m representing was a Brownie Scout and now she’s facing murder”. In my opinion that is weak, and doesn’t mean anything significant.

Well, he is a lawyer. You have to say something positive...maybe that is about it with this client.

Question -What do you all think the reasoning is for not entering a plea and delaying the arraignment?

My opinion ... so the defense attorney could wrap his brain around the case and try to come up with a viable way to get both sides to agree to a plea bargain. JMO

Referring to SW’s attorney in the ABC link above...
“he asked for continuation because he hasn’t seen one shred of evidence yet. “

Case number, information, Sam's criminal history, etc.

Orange County Superior Court Case Access (http://www.occourts.org/online-services/case-access/)

Defendant: Woodward, Samuel Lincoln
Case Number: 18HF0073
OC Pay Number: 9372262
Originating Court: Harbor - Newport Beach Facility

Counts
Violation Date: 01/03/2018
Section Statute: PC 187(a) (Murder), PC 12022(b)(1) (Sentencing Enhancement-Personally using deadly weapon; additional term of 1 year)

I can't help but note that the violation date is given as Wednesday January 03. Is it possible LE has evidence that the murder actually occurred after midnight the evening SW and BB met up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member