CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange Co, 27 Jul 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
zwiebel,
The thanks button was insufficient for all your hard work for M/M Harrod. I think of them (and pray for them) every day, and your posts here and your diligence in keeping this thread current are so appreciated.

....and we all know a Home Depot receipt time stamped after 3:00 pm means nothing when Bob was already missing when the housekeeper arrived a little after noon.

It's a mystery where Bob's son in law was returning from when he found the housekeeper waiting near the front door a little after noon the day Bob disappeared.

Harrod was last seen by his son-in-law, Jeff Michaels, around 1:30 p.m. on Monday. Harrod, a former contract manager, sent Michaels to Home Depot, but when Michaels returned, Harrod was no longer in the house, said Loomis.

"His receipt showed that he paid for his items after 3 p.m.," Loomis said. "He thinks he was at Home Depot for 45 minutes to an hour, so given 15 minutes or so of driving time, you're looking at 1:30."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/harrod-147900-loomis-family.html

How did Bob's SIL see Bob at 1:30 pm when he was already missing when the housekeeper arrived a little over an hour earlier?

One would think these things could have been cleared up by now, but Bob's family still remains silent on these questions.

(Transcript from TV show 'Disappeared: LongLostLove') credit and thanks to cloudajao and believe09 for posting originally.

Narrator: But Jeff was not the only person at Bob’s house that day. Agnes, Bob’s housekeeper of more than 10 years, arrived around Noon. Normally, she cleans Bob’s house on Tuesday, but this week she’d arranged to come on Monday.

It doesn't make a lick of sense anyway you look at it;

Bob was missing and son in law had left when the housekeeper arrived at 12 (her version)

Bob was in the house and the housekeeper had not arrived at around 1.30 (son in law's version)

If only the housekeeper had mentioned what her shift in the house was. I tend to think it would be 3 hours for a house that size, without kids or pets.

If that's the case, by the housekeeper's version, she would have arrived at 12 and left at 3.

By son in law's version, she would have arrived at 3, left at 6.

I don't think it was ever stated in media the time he left, only that he left before the housekeeper, I think.

Then, no alarm bells seemed to ring until around 9 in the evening, when son in law's wife called Fontelle to tell her Bob was missing.

Initially both JuM and the housekeeper said Bob disappeared between noon and 1pm. Julie mentioned this in the news interview the day following Bob's disappearance. The housekeepers arrival time is confirmed in the Disappeared episode.

Also confirmed in the Disappeared episode, JeM didn't meet with LE until Friday, 4 days later and provided LE with a time stamped receipt hours after Bob disappeared. It was after that the nutshell game with the timeline began.

The housekeeper participated in the Disappeared episode. Jeff Michaels did not.

Still keeping Bob in my mind and both Bob and Fontelle in my heart. Coming up on 6 years. I have a question, did the girls get him declared legally dead after the 5 year mark? TIA

Still keeping Bob in my mind and both Bob and Fontelle in my heart. Coming up on 6 years. I have a question, did the girls get him declared legally dead after the 5 year mark? TIA

BBM. They did in June of last year, iirc.

In order for me to find out if Bob has been legally declared dead for certain, I have to be dishonest and pretend I'm checking the Orange County records from California. I could easily do so but I don't want to. I just feel there has been enough dishonesty around Bob's case and I don't want to add to that.

I'm not too worried though. I'm taking a broad guess that whatever was needed to gain control of Bob's fortune, has been done, by his beneficiaries. It's in stark contrast to what was needed to be done to find him, and wasn't.

Bob's case is quiet but it is not closed and, until he's found, never will be in my opinion. I have just been struck in this past year by the number of people who have learned about Bob's case and been moved by his plight, and that of his wife, Fontelle. So many want to know how they can help. I just wish there was a family member or a member of law enforcement stepping up to tell them how they could do so.

Monday, July 27 2009, Bob Harrod went missing in Placentia, California.

Today, it's nearly 8.30am in Placentia on Monday, July 27 2015. In less than three and a half hours Bob will have been missing exactly six years.

Attachments

• flyer201309-1.jpg
    flyer201309-1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 137
I never thought this case would remain unsolved for 6 years. Praying Bob is found soon.

Just in case anyone forgets exactly which county in Southern California Bob went missing from, six years ago today.

Attachments

• 6-2-a.jpg
    6-2-a.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 136
I was hoping some news might surface in the media on the 6th anniversary of Bob going missing. I haven't found anything though.

Although all that searching has turned up a few gems; members of that 'close circle' police spoke about signing off important commercial documents in San Diego, etc. It's really energized the search for Bob, in a way.

6 long years.
On the day Ann Rule passes away.
What a mystery this universe is.

Ann Rule could have written a book about Bob's case.

Ugh. Look at my avatar. It still says Bob's been missing 5 years. Today, on the 6th anniversary of him going missing!

It says 6 years now but I don't like it. I'll have to find a better one.

ETA: I've just changed it for one that looks worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe